Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

The Futuristic Quad Swedish Tank Destroyer?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Scorpion Tank from Halo....I mean XX-20 be added? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Should It be added?

1. Yes, as a non premium researchable vehicle that can be affordable even by poor scrubs. (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. Yes, only as a Premium vehicle, a vehicle like this can't land in the wrong hands. (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. No, It will be to OP but, its cool. (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hello, I am here to edu-macate you about the XX-20 Experimental Tank destroyer. I just want to inform the community about this great vehicle and I don't have the intentions about putting this in game though I couldn't find a good section to put this under. There's a Poll for those who want to voice there opinions if this was to become a vehicle in-game.

The XX-20 is a Quad experimental tracked vehicle created by the Swedish military in the early 1980's.

UDES3.jpg

34bb9b2bb5ba.jpg

35ae9e4fbdec9944ca04ff9d4114e5d5.jpg

f0205060_56875bfd48f4e.jpg

Accounting that the Swedes also thought of the STRV-103 the tank destroyer was one of a kind vehicle. The only other vehicles (that I could think of) that has a similar design/concept is listed:

main-qimg-9edef027c51b794e5908670f598feb35-c.jpg Object 279 a quad tracked vehicle

016812215908a7f047ed99a0d517fca2.jpg T95 heavily armored Quad Tracked Tank destroyer

download.jpg The Scorpion tank from Halo the Only closest thing I could think of similar to the The XX-20

The reason why this and other Quad tracked tank designs are unrealistic and never worked was because it took way more maintenance than needed to operate the quad tracks. Secondly, it would be difficult to maneuver over obstacles.

Info I got this from

Is there any advantage of having a tank with 4 tracks?

https://www.quora.co...k-with-4-tracks

UDES XX-20

http://warfaretech.b...-destroyer.html

Edited by EquablezMonsterz, 20 July 2017 - 02:46 PM.

• Iluvtanks likes this
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#2 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • HomeMiddle of the earth

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Maus is also quad-tracked-like heavy tank.
ma2.jpg
  • NeonTempzzz and EquablezMonsterz like this
Nerf leclerc & k2

#3 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Maus is also quad-tracked-like heavy tank.
ma2.jpg

Mind blown, though I think the Maus is more of a quad roller or Quad bogey wheeled similar to the tiger where one wheel is covered by another, though maybe the original intent was to have to 4 separate tracks??????

Edited by EquablezMonsterz, 18 July 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#4 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • HomeMiddle of the earth

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

Mind blown, though I think the Maus is more of a quad roller or Quad bogey wheeled similar to the tiger where one wheel is covered by another, though maybe the original intent was to have to 4 separate tracks??????

4 separate tracks will increase maintenance time

P.S. "Wrong hands" can be the players who will buy it with gold..

Edited by basmal121, 19 July 2017 - 02:04 AM.

Nerf leclerc & k2

#5 KartoffelKampfWagen

KartoffelKampfWagen

Private

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

Tbh this tank looks like a tram with severe birth defects on steroids.
Tank design isn't really a strength of the swedes, is it.

#6 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Tbh this tank looks like a tram with severe birth defects on steroids.
Tank design isn't really a strength of the swedes, is it.

the Swedes were only experimenting with this one, plus the strv 103 when compared and trialed against leopard 1 and similar tanks was shown to be effective. which shows that the swedes can build good tanks though they just dont have the funds to make enough, as you can see by the fact they're stuck with the german built leopard 2 today.

P.S. for me it looks like 2 Ontos hulls stuck together

Edited by EquablezMonsterz, 20 July 2017 - 10:10 AM.

Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#7 i love tanks

i love tanks

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • HomeBorgotaro (provincia di Parma) Italy

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Udes 03 gun :o I want it
Swiggity swooty Im coming for your booty (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ http://www6.flamingt....gif&_loc=image

#8 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Udes 03 gun :o I want it

sadly, i think that the Udes 03 may never land in game because of its similarities in design and mechanics to the STRV 103.

Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#9 Menisaur

Menisaur

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • HomeA place called Remnant, where weapons turn into other weapons,Humans and half human, half animals called Faunus live, kids build their own weapons as part of school, and where creatures of darkness that feed on negative emotions called Grimm roam

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hello, I am here to edu-macate you about the XX-20 Experimental Tank destroyer. I just want to inform the community about this great vehicle and I don't have the intentions about putting this in game though I couldn't find a good section to put this under. There's a Poll for those who want to voice there opinions if this was to become a vehicle in-game.

The XX-20 is a Quad experimental tracked vehicle created by the Swedish military in the early 1980's.
attachicon.gifUDES3.jpg
attachicon.gif34bb9b2bb5ba.jpg
attachicon.gif35ae9e4fbdec9944ca04ff9d4114e5d5.jpg
attachicon.giff0205060_56875bfd48f4e.jpg
Accounting that the Swedes also thought of the STRV-103 the tank destroyer was one of a kind vehicle. The only other vehicles (that I could think of) that has a similar design/concept is listed:
attachicon.gifmain-qimg-9edef027c51b794e5908670f598feb35-c.jpg Object 279 a quad tracked vehicle
attachicon.gif016812215908a7f047ed99a0d517fca2.jpg T95 heavily armored Quad Tracked Tank destroyer
attachicon.gifdownload.jpg The Scorpion tank from Halo the Only closest thing I could think of similar to the The XX-20
 The reason why this and other Quad tracked tank designs are unrealistic and never worked was because it took way more maintenance than needed to operate the quad tracks. Secondly, it would be difficult to maneuver over obstacles.
Info I got this from
Is there any advantage of having a tank with 4 tracks?[/size]
 https://www.quora.co...k-with-4-tracks
UDES XX-20
http://warfaretech.b...-destroyer.html

look at the Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Mammoth tank, I think it's what this Swedish tank will eventually become
I mean, this is probably one of the next steps in tank design

Attached Thumbnails

• download (2).jpeg
  • TW_Mammoth_Tank_Render_1.jpg

• EquablezMonsterz likes this
Some people say 'modern tanks are the best', i say 'no, tanks that are from games and haven't been built in real life are best'

#10 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

look at the Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Mammoth tank, I think it's what this Swedish tank will eventually become I mean, this is probably one of the next steps in tank design

well technically there are some key differences (obviously it’s not a double barreled vehicle). One of them being the XX-20 has two hulls and similar to a trailer unlike the CAC3 Tiberium mammoth tank which has has 4 sets of separate tracks attach to one main hull. Secondly, I forgot to mention this but it was technically classified as a experimental articulated tank destroyer and would have had a similar job to the Strv-103B which it was able to go hull down (that’s the purpose of those odd pistons connecting the the two hulls.). 53E03093-3BE9-42FF-8340-86D6279D22D7.jpeg
Finally the concept is still used in some vehicles today like the Volvo ratrak.84337AF4-B469-4DC9-85CF-7657CBB574B9.jpeg
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#11 Menisaur

Menisaur

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • HomeA place called Remnant, where weapons turn into other weapons,Humans and half human, half animals called Faunus live, kids build their own weapons as part of school, and where creatures of darkness that feed on negative emotions called Grimm roam

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

well technically there are some key differences (obviously it’s not a double barreled vehicle). One of them being the XX-20 has two hulls and similar to a trailer unlike the CAC3 Tiberium mammoth tank which has has 4 sets of separate tracks attach to one main hull. Secondly, I forgot to mention this but it was technically classified as a experimental articulated tank destroyer and would have had a similar job to the Strv-103B which it was able to go hull down (that’s the purpose of those odd pistons connecting the the two hulls.). attachicon.gif53E03093-3BE9-42FF-8340-86D6279D22D7.jpeg
Finally the concept is still used in some vehicles today like the Volvo ratrak.attachicon.gif84337AF4-B469-4DC9-85CF-7657CBB574B9.jpeg

well, personally I believe the Mammoth Tank is one of the next steps in Tank design, since the tracks are separately articulated for terrain
Some people say 'modern tanks are the best', i say 'no, tanks that are from games and haven't been built in real life are best'

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}