3 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Over the last few weeks, 'server resets' have become quite common (read annoying).
What is the reason for this?
I don't mind if something is being tested, or it's to clear chat of unsavoury dialogue, just tell us what's going on.
Nothing worse than being kept in the dark.
I'm making a point here (possibly to be shot down in a great ball of flames as usual) to get some feedback.
Big lack of feedback at the moment!

Also thought it was time for a new post, as things are very quiet.
Always quietest before the storm.

As an 'older' player, I enjoy playing TT as stress relief at the end of the day, nothing better than blowing the crap out of stuff to de-stress.

Everyone likes to be/feel involved.
Give me/us something to grasp and believe in.

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent. <p>Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you. Cautionary: You always have a choice. Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

msg-7194-0-08197600-1510947090.jpg

#2 Tank Ben

Tank Ben

Lieutenant General

• Not approved
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Greetings, Daddy Rob.

I currently do not have news or informations on why Servers have been resetting, lately; most likely new change will be made to Tanktastic: or simply the Servers were quite slow; et cetera.

Please, be advised that if we had information or news of such matters; we would inform you as well as the Community of such matters: however, at the moment, I have very little information of this matter. Regardless, you can ask the General Community Representative, Error 403; he might provide you with another answer.

Also, please; be advised that there is a big Language barrier between the Tanktastic Developers and the English Community.

Indeed, the Tanktastic Forums has been quiet for quite a while, now; due to the lack of active players of the Tanktastic Community.

Should you have anymore questions; please, feel free to ask.

Best Regards;

T.B

#3 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Lieutenant Colonel

• Contest Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

It resets to get rid of unneeded memory. Every thing that runs online or just runs in general creates a cache of unneeded memory that slows it down.

With best intentions
NeonTempzzz
TECREAT

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

(Now available in-game)

Member of TECREAT

#4 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• Administrator
  • 3392 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Greetings, Daddy Rob.

In order to perform maintenance and to ensure that the servers are running smoothly, which in return will prevent issues from cropping up and ruining the player experience over time, the game's servers are usually reset a couple of times a day. However, this procedure has been carried out more frequently the last few weeks, due to several technical reasons that we cannot disclose, but we assure you that this is done with you - the players - in mind. The player experience would have been significantly worse as a result of not performing these necessary actions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for understanding and, should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards;
Error 403
TECMAT (Tanktastic English Community MAnagement Team)
  • Tank Ben and Drestdave like this

u0KGBYG.gif

:: English Community Coordinator ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}