16 replies to this topic

#1 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Did the ability to attach photos to posts get smaller?

It's now 1000 KB and I can't upload snapshots.

(Btw I have no idea where to put this, mods can help me out.)
"Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is; the tree is the real thing." -Abraham Lincoln
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu
"You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all." -Warrior

#2 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Captain

• PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

Sometimes the screenshots are too high of quality and screen size affects that. Other people are able to upload screenshots and others sometimes have the same problem you have

With best intentions,

NeonTempzzz

TECREAT member

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

Member of TECREAT

#3 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3271 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

Due to some techical problems and limitations, the maximum size per file was set to 1 MB. Screenshots taken of the game usually have a size of more than 1 MB. However, do not worry; you are able to insert pictures directly to your posts using the image feature included in the BB code editor or, simplier for mobile devices, using the BB codes for this particular feature: just upload pictures to an image hosting service of your choice, for instance Imgur. More information can be found in part two of this topic.

As regards your question about the appropriate (sub)section for this topic, everything is fine: this has nothing to do with the game itself, but rather with technical questions about a forum.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#4 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

Due to some techical issues and limitations, the maximum size per file was set to 1 MB.

Will that be changed in the future or do we have to life with that?

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#5 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3271 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Will that be changed in the future or do we have to life with that?

Do you remember the error 413 that occured every time you tried to attach pictures to your post? That was the result of the limit being higher than 1 MB. Due to limitations that arose from technical problems, the limit had to be set to 1 MB. Something is better than nothing, will you not agree?

u0KGBYG.gif

#6 Drestdave

Drestdave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

Do you remember the error 413 that occured every time you tried to attach pictures to your post? That was the result of the limit being higher than 1 MB. Due to limitations that arose from technical problems, the limit had to be set to 1 MB. Something is better than nothing, will you not agree?

Yes, I do.

#7 Qnomei

Qnomei

Official Wiki Admin

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • HomeThe Great Land of Cheese, also known as Wisconsin

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

Just use imgur or some other image sharing site for larger images. The alternative is compressing the image using an image editor or making it smaller.

#8 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Just use imgur or some other image sharing site for larger images. The alternative is compressing the image using an image editor or making it smaller.

The thing is, it'll just give you the link.... and now in order to post a picture you gotta log in......

Bow down to my dank memes.

#9 Drestdave

Drestdave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

Cough cough, time for a TankTastic picture service.

#10 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

I found out you can just edit the size of the screenshot. It makes it look ugly but it works.
"Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is; the tree is the real thing." -Abraham Lincoln
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu
"You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all." -Warrior

#11 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3271 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

I found out you can just edit the size of the screenshot. It makes it look ugly but it works.

If you want the original size, just upload the pictures to an image hosting service of your choice, for instance Imgur. Those pictures can be inserted to your posts by using their direct link.

u0KGBYG.gif

#12 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

It's ok. I'll find a different way. I'd prefer not to sign up for something that I don't need.

#13 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3271 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

It's ok. I'll find a different way. I'd prefer not to sign up for something that I don't need.

In this case, you may use TinyPic, a free image hosting service that does not require that you register an account to upload pictures. But be aware you will not be able to manage your pictures at a later time if you do not register an account.

u0KGBYG.gif

#14 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

The key word is "register". I don't want to pay for an unnecessary account. I already do that for school.

Like I said, I found another way.

Edited by TheTigerTank, 05 June 2017 - 06:40 AM.

#15 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

The key word is "register". I don't want to pay for an unnecessary account. I already do that for school.

No need to pay for a free account.
  • NeonTempzzz likes this

u0KGBYG.gif

#16 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2584 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

Due to some techical problems and limitations, the maximum size per file was set to 1 MB. Screenshots taken of the game usually have a size of more than 1 MB.

Like we have 100 member online everyday and upload 2 pictures per day......

There are so many online services that offer FREE and NO-REGISTRATION-REQUIRED image hosting at max quality..

29dekvt.jpg

#17 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3271 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Like we have 100 member online everyday and upload 2 pictures per day......

It has nothing to do about the amount of pictures, but the size for each picture.

u0KGBYG.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}