Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Struggles of upgrading stock tanks.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Struggles of upgrading stock tanks. (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. I like the idea, it should be implemented. (13 votes [72.22%])

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. It's a good idea but ... (write in comments). (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. No, this is a bad idea and it should not be implemented. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Brexitarian Hussar

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 552 posts
  • HomeGreat Britain, England.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:13 AM

Hello all,

My proposed suggestion is that the Offline Game mode should be altered slightly in order to allow players with stock tanks to obtain upgrade levels suitable enough to play in PvP (online gamemode).

How would it work?

The Offline Game mode should be renamed to PvE (player vs environment) and reward players with regular experience* as well as a small amount of silver. This would only be applicable for vehicles with an upgrade level lower than 6. Thus allowing them to be upgraded with ease and not to be deemed useless whilst also ensuring high level players don't exploit this game mode.

Conclusion

The views expressed in this topic are very brief and of course they need to be expanded. I welcome all your comments and hope this doesn't stray off topic.

Kind Regards,

mr blue sky01.

Edits:

*Experience would be adjusted for each difficulty mode.

(suggested by FrozenBlaze{Evil})

Edited by Mr blue sky01, 30 May 2017 - 10:05 AM.

• Iluvtanks, Drestdave and alt like this
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#2 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Contest Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:56 AM

Like I said, I will get back to this.

Now, I've been thinking about this problem as well, but that was a little while ago and it stopped when I started with the Tanktastic 2 Guide. When you buy a new tank, upgrade points are extremely hard to get, esspecially if the tank is not that good as stock. There are actually some solutions to this problem. I will tell my two solutions to the problem:

1. Upgrade points become general. You can get Upgrade points with every tank, with a certain limit of experience needed, set accordingly to your rank. That will allow players to play with their better tanks and get upgrade points by doing this, which they can use for any other vehicle in the game.
  2. Make Upgrade points after the tank has reached its 10th upgrade level, so players do have a chance to stand against enemies and will be able to achieve better results.
  3. (​total removal is fine as well)

​Personally, I think this suggestion is about one of the more needed chances to create a better in-game experience, esspecially for the new players. So yes, that is about it and I hope we as community can find a suitable solution for this, so the developers can eventually chance it.

​Thanks for your nice suggestion, Blue.

Dave

• basmal121 likes this

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#3 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

Good idea.

Anything that helps new players feel their progressing in the game should be welcomed.

However, is this not a fundamental problem with tank balancing?

The game should allow 'basic' tanks to compete, if it does not, then that should be fixed as a priority.

Adding a 'sticky plaster' fix to something that is already broken is not the best way forward.

But, I salute your endeavours, and hope it helps to improve the game. 

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent. <p>Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you. Cautionary: You always have a choice. Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

msg-7194-0-08197600-1510947090.jpg

#4 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:50 AM

New players are the most important members of the game, as, they are of course slowly increasing the size of the community. Thus, we must ensure we nurture them in the begining, when they first join, by giving them a fighting chance. If we do this, we encourage them to move on into higher levels, where they're most likely to spend money on the game, and improve the economy of the game and gaming communities. Therfore, I think this is a great idea, as, new players wouldn't immediately leave the game if they're first encounter is with a simple bot rather than an experienced "seal-clubber"; they would most likely be willing to continue playing the game if, when starting off, it isn't mind-numbingly difficult to advance. Thank you for sharing this idea, Blue.

Also, another idea to consider; altering the level system in the game. Rather than solely going by the level of a tank. Rooms should also be determined by player experience. So that low-level members are most likely to play against low-level members rather than experienced members. It would also discourage high-level members from playing in low-level rooms, creating an influx in high-level rooms. As, many have noticed the large amount of low-level rooms apposed to the obsolete number of high-level rooms.

Again, thank you for you suggestion.

Humble regards;
Iluvtanks ( TECREAT Management )
  • blitzkrieg101 likes this

#5 Red Faction

Red Faction

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

long storys
just simply add 5 free upgrade points :/

Edited by Red Faction, 24 May 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#6 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts
  • HomeMiddle of the earth

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

That's why you get gold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29dekvt.jpg

#7 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Brexitarian Hussar

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

That's why you get gold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But then what about garage slots .-.

"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#8 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

But then what about garage slots .-.

That's why there's gold shop. Otherwise who would buy gold if the gold-earning is enough?

29dekvt.jpg

#9 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Brexitarian Hussar

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

That's why there's gold shop. Otherwise who would buy gold if the gold-earning is enough?

The wait to buy a garage slot is already long enough to encourage users to purchase gold but then having to acquire additional gold to upgrade the tank so it is playable is essential dictating that the overall game is pay to win - contributing to the number of players leaving, seeking out other "substitutes”.

[The suggestion] "would only be applicable for vehicles with an upgrade level lower than 6.". In the game, vehicles usually greatly surpass an upgrade level of 5. Therefore, this in turn is a suitable fix and encourages users to have more of a feeling for how their chosen vehicle will play prior to entering PvP.

Moreover, it is more time consuming to max vehicles considering their ultimate upgrade level, players would still need to purchase gold to gain an advantage. Although, ranking up does provide adequate gold, this solution was devised from several complaints to remove garage slots and even now upgrade points as it is apparent that the game is more of a grind and gives the overall impression that the player is being compelled into a situation where gold is mandatory.

Nonetheless, thank you for your comments.

1. Upgrade points become general. You can get Upgrade points with every tank, with a certain limit of experience needed, set accordingly to your rank. That will allow players to play with their better tanks and get upgrade points by doing this, which they can use for any other vehicle in the game.
  2. Make Upgrade points after the tank has reached its 10th upgrade level, so players do have a chance to stand against enemies and will be able to achieve better results.
  3. (​total removal is fine as well)

Thank you for providing some alternatives.

Regarding...

1. I believe this is too much of a drastic change and could be considered sometime in the future.

2. I think this is a viable solution.

3. Don't be that guy. ;) 

• Iluvtanks and Drestdave like this

#10 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

"would only be applicable for vehicles with an upgrade level lower than 6.". In the game, vehicles usually greatly surpass an upgrade level of 5. Therefore, this in turn is a suitable fix and encourages users to have more of a feeling for how their chosen vehicle will play prior to entering PvP.

"New player. Plays for some hours. Buys high level tank. Quits game."

Before this suggestion.. devs must fix the daily deal.. rank 10 players buy lvl 46 tank.............................. kys

29dekvt.jpg

#11 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Brexitarian Hussar

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

"New player. Plays for some hours. Buys high level tank. Quits game."

Before this suggestion.. devs must fix the daily deal.. rank 10 players buy lvl 46 tank.............................. kys

I agree but this is more inclined to representing another issue which should be suggested in another topic. Indeed, it fits in with the sentiment expressed by users that the game is becoming more pay to win, as stated in my last post.

Regarding your question in a more direct manner...

Otherwise who would buy gold if the gold-earning is enough?

A possible answer:

rank 10 players buy lvl 46 tank

#12 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2711 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

A possible answer:...

G.H.O.R: That's not enough. He needs to buy premium account and $99 pack at least twice

29dekvt.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}