Photo
- - - - -

Private-Rooms Levels

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Private-Rooms Levels (8 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the idea?

1. It's awesome. (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. It's good, not necessary. (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Meh, either way. (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

4. It's bad, not necessary. (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. It's awful. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Sliders

1. 1rst slider (enabling just lower levels) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2nd slider (Your level-100) (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Both sliders (anything, outside of the 15 level limit) (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

What type of room

1. Private Room (password protected) (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Open Room (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

So, I was wondering, even though private rooms aren't used a whole lot, if private rooms could have options for level ranges, besides the 0-100. A range of at least 15 levels has to be in between to prevent people from leaving others out, but basically it also has to leave the "creator's" tank level around the middle, to prevent their tank being level 68 and a range of 50-68 or something like that. So for instance, a level bar, around the players tank level, going from 1-100. 

Tournaments are an exception. Since mods  make the tournaments, they can override it.

I think my explanation is confusing, so I created an example. Sorry about the size.

Please vote, and explain your vote. Comments will be helpful so I can go into more details and explanations.

Attached Thumbnails

• Drawing (15).jpeg

Edited by blitzkrieg101, 17 May 2017 - 11:13 PM.

• Tank Ben and magic ender11 like this

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Thank you, middle finger, for always sticking up for me when I needed it."

#2 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

It's a good suggestion, but I have to disagree with the slider and most of the suggestion, example, if you just started playing the game and lots of the rooms were set to level 50-100, your in a level 6 tank and you cant join any room as the morjority of the community is a higher level than you, and over time this will make players not want to play Tanktastic due to the unfair nature, I would understand if it was in use by TECREAT and League moderators so then leagues become more legit, but full community use as I said maybe unfair.

Even if this suggestion was accepted it would take months maybe even years to perfect it due to new users who may disagree on this to ever take action.

Good suggestion, but not well thought up on. :\

Edited by magic ender11, 17 May 2017 - 10:20 PM.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun - TECREAT TRIAL MEMBER

#3 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

It's a good suggestion, but I have to disagree with the slider and most of the suggestion, example, if you just started playing the game and lots of the rooms were set to level 50-100, your in a level 6 tank and you cant join any room as the morjority of the community is a higher level than you, and over time this will make players not want to play Tanktastic due to the unfair nature, I would understand if it was in use by TECREAT and League moderators so then leagues become more legit, but full community use as I said maybe unfair.

Even if this suggestion was accepted it would take months maybe even years to perfect it due to new users who may disagree on this to ever take action.

Good suggestion, but not well thought up on. :\

It's just private rooms. If you're joining it, obviously you know the pwd because someone gave it to you, so the range should be good.

Edited by blitzkrieg101, 17 May 2017 - 10:28 PM.

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

#4 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

It's just private rooms. If you're joining it, obviously you know the pwd because someone gave it to you, so the range should be good.

Both PR (Private Rooms) and OR (Open Rooms) are the same, except private rooms have a password, to change one you have to change the other or you have to change the hole system completely.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#5 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

Both PR (Private Rooms) and OR (Open Rooms) are the same, except private rooms have a password, to change one you have to change the other or you have to change the hole system completely.

No, just the private rooms. It's not a major change. They are not on the same system anyway. Privates have 0-100 for level range while open ranges just cover within the range of the creator.

#6 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

No, just the private rooms. It's not a major change. They are not on the same system anyway. Privates have 0-100 for level range while open ranges just cover within the range of the creator.

example.png

Adding a slider my be difficult.....

But it is possible, over a long period of time.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#7 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:52 PM

attachicon.gifexample.png

Adding a slider my be difficult.....

But it is possible, over a long period of time.

Ehh, 1rst, they literally have a kind of slider for choosing  number of players. Second, I get what you say with them being on the same system, so I'll drop that. That's just a technical thing.

Edited by blitzkrieg101, 18 May 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#8 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Ehh, 1rst, they literally have a kind of slider for choosing  number of players. Second, I get what you say with them being on the same system, so I'll drop that. That's just a technical thing.

Yeah, but the point is that slider is for both OR's and PR's to add something to one you need to change the other, even if it was for private rooms, what would be the need unless its hehe or MNP? For leagues its valid but due to it not being needed there's basically no point. Actually, Private rooms don't need a level because all it needs is a simple message in chat to say use this tank.

In a league its more logical because users sometimes join with the incorrect tank.

Sincerely;

Magic

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#9 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, but the point is that slider is for both OR's and PR's to add something to one you need to change the other, even if it was for private rooms, what would be the need unless its hehe or MNP? For leagues its valid but due to it not being needed there's basically no point. Actually, Private rooms don't need a level because all it needs is a simple message in chat to say use this tank.

In a league its more logical because users sometimes join with the incorrect tank.

Sincerely;
Magic

I said I'm dropping technicalities, assuming people like the idea, I know the devs would be able to "fix" that. An addition to make the experience better and more fun. Not because it's necessary.
Please PM me (either on forum or discord) if you have more comments.

#10 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

horrible idea to restrict password rooms with lvl. almost completely defeats the purpose of why we make them
git gud noob

#11 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8378 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

horrible idea to restrict password rooms with lvl. almost completely defeats the purpose of why we make them

It's optional skrub.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#12 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

Totally Unnecessary

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

#13 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

Well, if the idea was slightly updated to make it so League Moderators can edit this option via command, so WWII League would be less prone to potential visitors of unnecessary tanks.

If you wish to conduct this further me and the other TECREAT candidates would be glad to discuss it in a PM.
Also, depending on how much votes you get for this suggestion I'll talk to management but, it will probably get denied anyway for the unnecessary implementation.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#14 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

Well, if the idea was slightly updated to make it so League Moderators can edit this option via command, so WWII League would be less prone to potential visitors of unnecessary tanks.
If you wish to conduct this further me and the other TECREAT candidates would be glad to discuss it in a PM.Also, depending on how much votes you get for this suggestion I'll talk to management but, it will probably get denied anyway for the unnecessary implementation.

Actually, it is up to the developers to choose, their are the people who can implent it. But nevertheless, this indeed is a suggestion that as far as I can tell is not very necessary.

|Wikia Administrator & Trial TECREAT member|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

​Can I help you with something?

#15 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

Actually, it is up to the developers to choose, their are the people who can implent it. But nevertheless, this indeed is a suggestion that as far as I can tell is not very necessary.

As I said "I'll talk to management but, it will probably get denied anyway for the unnecessary implementation." :3

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#16 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

Not all implementations are ever necessary. A lot are just because people think it will make the game better from their perspective, just go into the suggestion topics and look. They all range from kinda necessary to just interesting to have.

I understand what you mean. I know I never see this anymore, but lets say a clan makes a room for some of their members to train in tanks of a certain level. To ensure that, they could use this. Or I guess they could just kill the person, or kick him, if he disobeys. But, you get it.

Edited by blitzkrieg101, 18 May 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#17 Red Faction

Red Faction

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

i remember 17a had something like this,there were 4 levels and u could choose which level can join the room like from 3 to 4 only
lv1 was newbies tank like pt76 or t10 etc
lv2 was like sheridan and leopard1 etc
lv3 was merkava,abrams,t90,type99 etc
lv4 was oplot and leclerc only or there was 1 more,i dont remember much...

Edited by Red Faction, 19 May 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#18 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

lv4 was oplot and leclerc only or there was 1 more,i dont remember much...

Type 10 and K2, but Type 10 could enter 1-3.

• Red Faction likes this

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[VIPR] Deadly Vipers Clan 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}