Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3936 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

Tanktastic v2.2 Review

Summary
Tanktastic v2.2 was the first truly substantial update since the release of v2.0 to change the game in a massive way. It fixed many issues of which were explicitly stated to make the gameplay and overall experience unpleasant for a majority of the Tanktastic community. While it fixed the pressing issues there are still things needing to be fixed or revised. This review will give an overview of what the English community wants the most from v2.2.2 or v2.3. In this review of v2.2 we will be mentioning bugs, complaints, tank balancing, and what the devs did right with v2.2.

Bugs/Glitches: While v2.2 fixed a majority of bugs from v2.0 and v2.1( most notably the shaky turret camera and gold upgrade bug) there are still some bugs in the new update that can affect the flow of gameplay.

-Frame Drop: Never had this problem in v2.0 or v2.1 but it seems in v2.2 when a Helio is in the air and gets close to you the frame rate plummets from 30fps to 12fps which can make battling almost impossible on smaller maps due to the close proximity. Idk how to fix this one tbh would assume it's a weird optimization glitch but could be wrong.

-Engine Fire bug: A bug in which when a tank is shot the engine stays on fire while causing no damage.

-Bullet bug: This is what could be the source of the frame drop issue. When a round ends or a Helicopter is shot down while shooting causing a constant wave of bullets(that do not cause any damage) to keep shooting from the voids of space where the helicopter was.

-Text not appearing: This has been a bug since v2’s release and is still present there are times when names do not appear above a player when you are aimed directly at them. Also when you hit another tank it does not always show you if it registered and/or did damage or not.

Tank Balancing: v2.2 fixed many of the balancing issues of v2.0 and v2.1 like god tier ATGM’s, the Arjun, C1, and many other overpowered tanks that plagued matches making it nearly impossible to use just about any other tank in the game. But like everything else there is still some balancing to tanks that would improve the overall gaming experience on Tanktastic.

-BMPT: Increase Heathpool from 491 to probably 500-530 as to make it slightly more viable in combat(it has a tendency to die in 2 shots while merely tickling most high level MBT’s)

-Al-Khalid: This tank was mildly unbalanced in v2.0 and v2.1 but never really got talked about compared to Arjun, C1, or the T-72. This new update has sort of given Al Khalid the chance to prove it needs a healthpool nerf from 1,216 to 1,000 or 1,100 hit points decreasing the amount of shots required to actually kill it before it kills you.

-T-72: While the T-72 was officially nerfed it is still the dominating tank besides the C1 in 50-60 matches killing most tanks at its respective level in 2 shots while it takes them 3-5.

-AMX-56 Leclerc: Increase APDS penetration value it hits like a wet noodle right now compared to its fast firing counterparts the K2 and Type 10.

-M1A2 Abrams: Buff lower plate still weaker than a box of tissues after being pulled out of a river. Make gun harder to take out still feels like Abrams users run around for health boxes just to be able to shoot their gun lol.

-Type 99: Increase top speed is sort of a turtle as is right now leaving it vulnerable as to the fact it's not exactly the best at turning.

-Merkava Mark IV: Decrease healthpool to 1,400 currently takes even the T-14 Armata has to shoot 4-5 shots to take the Merkava out.

Suggestions: Things people would like to see implemented in future updates.

-Gun Handling: Fix the accuracy of MBT’s when stationary for a certain amount of time. Most agree some form of aiming timer would be a nice addition and would add further balance to the game if implemented correctly. The way it would work is that when on the move you will not have an accurate shot on your target but if you stop for a certain amount of time you get a near perfect shot on your target(shells would be a factor obviously HEAT at distance should still be fairly inaccurate) and have varying timers for each tank giving tanks that fire slowly(i.e M1A2 Abrams, Type 99, Arjun, Merkava) shorter aim timers as to get accurate shots faster then say fast firing tanks( i.e Type 10, K2, Al-Khalid, etc) which would require more time to get an accurate shot.

I myself also think the timer should reset after a certain amount of time as to keep people from camping in one spot forever after being stationary for say a minute or so your accuracy should slowly get more inaccurate as to keep the gameplay moving smoothly but this last part is merely my idea.(moved this down for it's something I thought of and have not discussed with the others yet)

-Tracks: Most agree it would make a lot of sense for tracks to be separate from sides and have no damage be done to them if shot but rather have the tracks get disabled if shot hence disabling the tank from any movement for a certain amount of time (aka sort of like it is right now but not having you do -300 damage if you shoot the tracks.)

-Increase reverse speed on Russian tanks: Russian tanks in game have an extremely slow reverse gear(not exactly unrealistic lol) and a lot feel they should have at least a chance of backing out of a situation rather than just being marked as dead since they can not back out of a situation.

-Ammo rack editing: On some tanks the Ammo Racks are in areas not exactly accurate to their real life counterparts(idk which ones they did not list them).

-Make guns harder to take out: It is pretty much agreed upon taking out guns is far too easy as it stands right now face offs still more or less come down to who disables their opponents cannon first rather than actually learning the weak points of your opponent's tank to take them out.

-Buff HEAT Velocity: HEAT either needs a buff or HE needs a nerf in terms of velocity for HE is officially the slowest shell in terms of velocity in real life.

-Ramming changes: Ramming should only damage tracks nothing else. As it stands right now you can literally ammo rack your enemy just by ramming them in the correct spot or start their engine on fire.

-Mines: Make them able to take out tracks also get rid of the red blinking indicator makes Mines utterly worthless can see them nearly across the map.

-Edit Garage Slots: Community in general wants a way to get garage slots without having to throw $135 USD at tanktastic to get all the tanks in the game. While it’s easy for older players to just write it off this proves to be a main reason newer players leave as they feel they are forced to pay to progress causing them to simply leave and go to competing games.

-Optimized 2gb devices better: While I personally do not really have an issue running tanktastic at full graphics on my iPad Mini 4(has 2gb of Ram)many asked for Tanktastic to be better optimized for their 2gb processing power devices of which seem to struggle to play tt even on medium graphics.

Ammo Rack Animation: Many think it would be cool if an animation for ammo racking was implemented could be creative with it if the ammo rack was a killing blow(like blowing the turret off a T-90 or blowing out a M1A2’s blast doors).

-Add more variety of Engine sounds: Many want different sounds for the different types of engines in tanktastic as it is right now.

-Killstreak Counter: Would be cool to have a small number on the side of the screen telling you how many kills you have gotten without dying.

-Conclusion: Tanktastic v2.2 and v2.2.1 are nice steps forward with many agreeing v2.2 is an improvement over v2.0 and v2.1 while this has been agreed upon many do feel the game has a ways to go and hope the devs keep listening to the suggestions of the community.

Written by,

Tankiller96

Credit for helping with community review
Credit for the suggestions, bug reports, and balancing suggestions go to:
jbdd
Objectiveblue
Suikimoto
Alpha Trition
Basmal121
MrBlueSky01
Je4n
Tank Ben
Danish12345
Dutchdave
Monkeyman7832
Randy12345
Nardo99
Sniper101
Error403
  • Fiutel_88, randy12345, Iluvtanks and 9 others like this
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#2 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Nice work, I appreciate your in-depth analysis of current, past and upcoming updates. Your insight is priceless. "Tank" you for this review. And, as always; Humble regards; Iluvtanks (TECREAT Management)

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity." - Unknown

#3 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Whoa, that must have taken a lot of work to write out. It's nice to see someone so involved in trying to improve the game and appreciate what's already done. It's also nice to have someone combine evrything into one topic.

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#4 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Nicely done

Edited by basmal121, 14 April 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#5 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1426 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

eggcelent

RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#6 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

tk u forgot this http://imgur.com/a/A4oKH

Edited by je4n10, 15 April 2017 - 02:02 AM.

git gud noob

#7 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3237 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:28 AM

Thank you for a very detailed and good review, Tankiller96. We really appreciate the hard work and the efforts you put into this.

The review has been forwarded to the developers and will be read and discussed. Should there be any news, you will be informed.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#8 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

Once sent to the developers, no response:

I’ll start off with the most heard complain in the Tanktastics chat. It bothers me as well, and this is regarding the garage expansion fee. 200 gold is a lot of gold for one expansion, especially for those with a little gold and have to wait 4 weeks to get their wanted tank. Instead to stimulate people to buy gold, you get people leaving because they can’t play the tank they play the game for. Of course, I do get the idea behind it, to let players actually play the game to get their games. That it is why I suggest to lower the expansion fee to or 50 gold, or like 200 silver. This is easier to earn by an unexperienced player. Another option is getting garage slots when leveling up.
Besides that, I think the reward system for silver and experience points should be increased as well. I the release notes released before the update, stated is that the amount of silver and experience points now is based on damage and other factors, instead of mainly kills. But still, I notice that kills still give a larger amount of points then it should be. Damage should be 65% of the total amount you get, kills 25% and other things 10%.
The FPS of this game is sometimes a little low. Low-end devices mainly have problems with lag and shocking frames. That is why I suggest a optimization of the FPS. As I am an Unity user myself as well, I know the main pros & cons of the Unity 5 game engine. This also will have influence on players’ experience while playing the game.
Prizes of tanks and their upgrades should be decreased, if the reward system isn’t increased. It just takes a lot of time to get as example 5000 silver. That demotivates a player quickly to stop playing the game or lose interest in continuing Tanktastic any further.
Map design is pretty good, of course, you have some weaknesses on every map, but that is an challenge for the players to get over. Maybe retexture the boxes and walls a little, but this definitely has less priority then the subjects above.
Now, Tanktastic 2.2 fixed and brought a lot of stuff, which I’d mostly like. The Jungle map is more than awesome, the balances are just okay, but I want to encourage you to continue with this game, and following the by the community recommended path, which will pay off for sure. I can name a lot of things that are good now, but I don’t want to make this message to big. Keep listening to those who play your game, improve where you are able to and Tanktastic will have a beautiful future ahead

|Wikia Administrator & Trial TECREAT member|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

​Can I help you with something?

#9 Smigstank

Smigstank

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • HomeUnited States of America

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

Beautiful ;-; brought tears to my eyes

#10 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3936 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

Daily challenges would be an interesting thing to add. Would give incentive to play plus would give things such as free gold and or silver for completing.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#11 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • HomeIm burning in vegas send water.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

Must of took you ages to write this review and gather info, great job!

eggcelent

I swear those easter related puns........
  • rcmppolice likes this

Equablez Burning Through the Battlefield 🔥,  forums, and his Wallet!

#12 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1426 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Must of took you ages to write this review and gather info, great job!
I swear those easter related puns........

join me.
  • EquablezMonsterz likes this
RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#13 Killerlion

Killerlion

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeRed City, Mars

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Please dont tell me TT has slots that you have to buy for tanks. I do not like that at all. And thats the only reason why i do not play WOT blitz.

#14 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Please dont tell me TT has slots that you have to buy for tanks. I do not like that at all. And thats the only reason why i do not play WOT blitz.

The slots thing in Blitz isn't an issue as compared to TT, you can buy it with silver/credits.

TT on other hand doesn't give you an alternative and requires you to pay a big 200 gold fee for every tank you buy.

• Tankiller96 likes this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#15 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3237 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

The slots thing in Blitz isn't an issue as compared to TT, you can buy it with silver/credits.

TT on other hand doesn't give you an alternative and requires you to pay a big 200 gold fee for every tank you buy.

Depending on the player's rank, of course.

u0KGBYG.gif

#16 Killerlion

Killerlion

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeRed City, Mars

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Ahh man i barley have gold and i would like that feature to be removed. So everything got way more expensive, its hard to get money in matches and the slots make it more difficult.

#17 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • HomeIm burning in vegas send water.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Ahh man i barley have gold and i would like that feature to be removed. So everything got way more expensive, its hard to get money in matches and the slots make it more difficult.

This comment Is sorta related to the topic at hand anyways, getting through the daily rewards is great and all, but.......the thing is if you miss one day of the daily rewards you will be booted back to the first day. What if I had something important to do that day and couldn't touch my device? It's painful for someone who's trying to wait a week just to get 50 gold for a slot/tank.

Equablez Burning Through the Battlefield 🔥,  forums, and his Wallet!

#18 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Your argument is to tax veteran players? When, we comprise the majority of Tanktastic player-base?

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity." - Unknown

#19 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

When, we comprise the majority of Tanktastic player-base?

Probably not anymore...:(

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#20 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3237 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

This comment Is sorta related to the topic at hand anyways, getting through the daily rewards is great and all, but.......the thing is if you miss one day of the daily rewards you will be booted back to the first day. What if I had something important to do that day and couldn't touch my device? It's painful for someone who's trying to wait a week just to get 50 gold for a slot/tank.

That is what the whole point of the daily bonuses. If you do not claim it, the daily bonus system will reset.

This is very little to worry about. Five days in a row with very low daily bonuses; you have "nothing" to lose. On the other hand, as stated in this post, the current daily bonus system is not efficient at all and needs improvements and changes. We do not talk about small improvements and changes; a full rework of the system is planned. When the new daily bonus system has been implemented, we are maybe talking about a 30+ days system. That means that the daily bonus system will not reset if you do not claim the daily bonus a day, but rather continue where you left.

u0KGBYG.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}