#1 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:41 AM

Hello,

Was there a reason for reducing accuracy in the latest update?

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent.

Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you.  Cautionary: You always have a choice.  Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

#2 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3237 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

Greetings, Daddy Rob.

There is a reason for every change being made to the game, the reduce of accuracy being no exception. The accuracy had to be reduced in order to improve the battle dynamic. These are the main reasons:

• Reduce the amount of snipers.
  • Reduce the amount of deaths from campers (especially on spawns).
  • More fights in close distances (50 - 150m).
  • More significant differences in shell types.
  • More useful gun uprgades.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reply back.

Kind regards;

Error 403

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#3 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Thank you Error 403 for your prompt and detailed response (as always).

At least all players are affected, which is at least fair.

If I may précis your answer:

Sniping is frowned upon.

Players now need fast, close combat tanks (at least in this update).

Will this trend towards close combat continue to develop in future updates?

Oh, Jungle map now looks stunning by the way, good work to all those involved.

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent.

Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you.  Cautionary: You always have a choice.  Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

#4 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

But error sir, I believe reducing the overall accuracy doesn't make any difference as it's not only bring going back the old TT accuracy, but also makes it almost impossible to play, as when you're trying to confront someone not even 100 feet from you, most of your shots will either hit the ground or hit an spot that you wasn't aiming for.

I believe the most logical way to balance accuracy out would be giving the aiming circle some use. If the circle is big, it should have low accuracy. If it's small, it has minimal possibility to miss your target.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#5 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3237 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

But error sir, I believe reducing the overall accuracy doesn't make any difference as it's not only bring going back the old TT accuracy, but also makes it almost impossible to play, as when you're trying to confront someone not even 100 feet from you, most of your shots will either hit the ground or hit an spot that you wasn't aiming for.

I believe the most logical way to balance accuracy out would be giving the aiming circle some use. If the circle is big, it should have low accuracy. If it's small, it has minimal possibility to miss your target.

Those were the developers' reasons. I will forward your message.

u0KGBYG.gif

#6 Jersh

Jersh

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

The zoom starting off in 2x mode isn't such the greatest idea since accuracy is Nerfed. Hence being in close quarters it's quite annoying having it zoom to the ground, and so close. If snipers snipe they have plenty of time to hit zoom.

#7 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3237 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

The zoom starting off in 2x mode isn't such the greatest idea since accuracy is Nerfed. Hence being in close quarters it's quite annoying having it zoom to the ground, and so close. If snipers snipe they have plenty of time to hit zoom.

That is why there should be an option in the settings to allow players to select whether they want it to directly zoom or not.

u0KGBYG.gif

#8 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3936 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

Frankly I think an aiming timer needs to be implemented rather then just make tanks inaccurate when both moving and stationary I like the fact that the devs tried to eliminate camping as a viable option but now battling is almost impossible unless your barrel stuffing the other tank even then your shots have a tendency to miss. The accuracy of a modern tank should be near pinpoint accurate but they need to stop to do as such and usually need to zero in on the target. A aiming timer would make logical sense aka if your moving your accuracy will naturally be worse then when your stationary but it also takes roughly 2-3 seconds for your aiming circle to zero in on your target making your shot much more accurate at the risk of the other player getting a high damage shot on you. The only real issue from v2.0 and v2.1 was that tanks where laserbeams regardless aiming took very little skill and frankly shells where very unbalanced which I think heavily contributed to people camping a lot more then in past updates...why rush when you can fire off a APDS shell and take away half your opponents health from across the map? If a aiming timer was implemented it would need to be dynamic for each tank(aka varying times to zero in on a target) for each tank would have varying damage potential per shot and rate of fire would be a factor as well aka slower firing tanks zero in faster while rapid fire tanks take longer to get an accurate shot.

Edited by Tankiller96, 04 April 2017 - 07:22 AM.

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#9 Qnomei

Qnomei

Official Wiki Admin

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1557 posts
  • HomeThe Great Land of Cheese, also known as Wisconsin

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

I would like it if they put the range finder and shell arc to use instead. Rework the sight so you have to aim higher for longer ranges. instead of making the guns artificially inaccurate by randomizing the aim, make the elevation always accurate and have slight variation horizontally. It would make sniping harder while preventing people from no-scoping tanks from across the map.

l.jpg

It doesn't have to be this complicated, tick marks for 100, 200, 300, and 400 meters would be all we need, since tanks are limited to that range anyway.

I just tried out the ASU-57 in offline mode. Even when I had a tank completely filling the circle, it would still miss.

• Daddy Rob likes this

#10 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

Will this trend towards close combat continue to develop in future updates?

#11 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

bumping this topic ; first error there are tanks that can only snipe and not brawl , finest example is the type 10 , and if the person doesnt know how to counter a sniper or know where the shots are comming from its just the skill level . seeing that we have "noobs" driving around with al khalids , c1s and arjuns .

[*]More fights in close distances (50 - 150m).

new physics and new tank stats and health refilling makes close combat a horrible and bad idea

[*]More useful gun uprgades.

even max guns are worthless on long range , starting from 180m , i cant shoot an enemy before losing my element of surprise , and wasting likr 2 shots , i end up needing 7 shells for a 3 shot target.

I would like it if they put the range finder and shell arc to use instead. Rework the sight so you have to aim higher for longer ranges. instead of making the guns artificially inaccurate by randomizing the aim, make the elevation always accurate and have slight variation horizontally. It would make sniping harder while preventing people from no-scoping tanks from across the map.
l.jpg

It doesn't have to be this complicated, tick marks for 100, 200, 300, and 400 meters would be all we need, since tanks are limited to that range anyway.
I just tried out the ASU-57 in offline mode. Even when I had a tank completely filling the circle, it would still miss.

altho tt is partially arcade , this idea makes it too much arcade. 1- modern mbts shell velocities doesnt change that much over 200-300m (apds) , 2
you really need a range finder so you "calculate" your shot trajectory on long distances like 700m-1km , wich we dont have in tt (even so , you cant see that far (tt stuff too))

Edited by je4n10, 09 April 2017 - 07:02 AM.

git gud noob

#12 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

you really need a range finder so you "calculate" your shot trajectory on long distances like 700m-1km , wich we dont have in tt (even so , you cant see that far (tt stuff too))

... range finder is automatic...

#13 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

... range finder is automatic...

pleb im talking about when he wants to range his shot....like how to aim and stuff not about him calculating the range , its like calculating shell trajectory depending on the range
git gud noob

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}