so.....think the devs forgot?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

I do believe they're busy trying to fix the main issues which are to balance out the horrible p2p components of the game right now, but any idea on when are the devs going to implement visual upgrades? You know, the ones that we where promised to come out after the main update? The over hyped 23a (will continue to call it 23a, bite me)?

Chill out, I'm not saying I want it now, I'm just asking what are the devs plans/agenda on what are they planning to do because as you know, it's a the devs job to keep the community updated on what they're working on and what are they planning to add/work on?

Anyways, do you guys have any idea? I just want to know because we really don't hear much from the devs. It's always when the change has already been done. In other words, they make changes without hearing what's the community's opinion on it before starting.

Edited by randy12345, 21 March 2017 - 06:14 AM.

• khan likes this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#2 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3316 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

That will eventually be implemented when the game is somewhat under control again; after bugs and glitches have been fixed and other changes and improvements have been implemented.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#3 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

That will eventually be implemented when the game is somewhat under control again; after bugs and glitches have been fixed and other changes and improvements have been implemented.

In other words, another year until we hear any news?

#4 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3316 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

In other words, another year until we hear any news?

Hopefully in some few months. 

u0KGBYG.gif

#5 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

Alright  :stare:

#6 Smigstank

Smigstank

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • HomeUnited States of America

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

Alright  :stare:

at least it is not 2 years :D

plz still let me go on the roof of a building on city ;-;
  • blitzkrieg101 likes this

#7 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

Knowing how many glitches and bugs are still in the new version, it will be a while.

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#8 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3316 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Knowing how many glitches and bugs are still in the new version, it will be a while.

Yes, therefore it is important to priority the most important first.

u0KGBYG.gif

#9 In98

In98

Lieutenant Colonel

• Others: In-game Senior Moderator
  • 347 posts
  • HomeU.S.A

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Im sure the developers didnt forget, but rather they are working on other major aspects of the game (Bugs and glitches) that must be fixed. Other then that, 2.2 is undergoing last and final tests. But don't worry, visual upgrades are gonna be implemented in the future. In return, we must have some patience for the developers and not to rush them. Afterall, they are working hard on the game to make tanktastic enjoyable.

Regards:
In98
  • Vint, Iluvtanks and Tank Ben like this

#10 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

yeah...especially after all this negative support. They should have a break...

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#11 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

Visual modifications have been confirmed on several occasions and are being implemented in one of the very next patches following the release of 2.2 - not including possible minor bug-fixing patches.

Following the establishment of a largely-autonomous English Management Team, individuals belonging to the English Community have been - and will increasingly be - included in the very development of Tanktastic; with all that obviously implies - though, of course, it's going to be a gradual process.

Early development designs, as of now, call for visual modifications to be implemented alongside major changes in the tech trees and unit-development/upgrade mechanics.

As a sneak peek, in accordance with early agreed development plans in this sense, these new mechanics will revolve around basic platforms you may upgrade into a variety of different AFVs by adding and removing modules and by unlocking "blueprints". These changes will follow upcoming changes to armor profile and mechanics concerning projectile performances.

That said, however, it will be highly simplied so to avoid unecessary confusion and to ensure the arcade aspect of the game is fully preserved. Modules will also be shared with other platforms, thus easing grinding.

For instance, one of said platforms will be the basic Leopard 2A0. Modules will include a variety of improvements based on real life military hardware, including projectiles and APS systems. You will start off with a basic I+ gen APDS round, i.e. the DM23, capable of defeating I gen. ERA; you will then be able to upgrade to a II gen. APDS, the DM33. And so on.

As the DM23 was used by the IDF as well, this "module" will thus be unlocked for some Israeli tanks in turn.

Once all modules for a particular "blueprint" have been unlocked and mounted, your tank will turn into that "blueprint": a Leopard 2A1. And so on, up until the MBT Revolution.

Once you have earned enough "development points" on any given platforms, you may unlock the following one. In this case, either the Leopard 2A5 - which will take you up to the Leopard 2A7-140 - or, possibly, the Main Ground Combat System Platform armed with newest Rheinmetall 130mm L/51.

Another example, as regards the Armata platform, you will be able to unlock "blueprints" and buy modules to get a variety of AFVs, from the T-14 and the T-15 IFV to the 2S35 SPG.

• basmal121, In98, Edelstahl99 and 2 others like this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

~Ignorantia Legis non excusat~

~Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.~

#12 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Visual modifications have been confirmed on several occasions and are being implemented in one of the very next patches following the release of 2.2 - not including possible minor bug-fixing patches.

Following the establishment of a largely-autonomous English Management Team, individuals belonging to the English Community have been - and will increasingly be - included in the very development of Tanktastic; with all that obviously implies - though, of course, it's going to be a gradual process.

Early development designs, as of now, call for visual modifications to be implemented alongside major changes in the tech trees and unit-development/upgrade mechanics.
As a sneak peek, in accordance with early agreed development plans in this sense, these new mechanics will revolve around basic platforms you may upgrade into a variety of different AFVs by adding and removing modules and by unlocking "blueprints". These changes will follow upcoming changes to armor profile and mechanics concerning projectile performances.
That said, however, it will be highly simplied so to avoid unecessary confusion and to ensure the arcade aspect of the game is fully preserved. Modules will also be shared with other platforms, thus easing grinding.

For instance, one of said platforms will be the basic Leopard 2A0. Modules will include a variety of improvements based on real life military hardware, including projectiles and APS systems. You will start off with a basic I+ gen APDS round, i.e. the DM23, capable of defeating I gen. ERA; you will then be able to upgrade to a II gen. APDS, the DM33. And so on.
As the DM23 was used by the IDF as well, this "module" will thus be unlocked for some Israeli tanks in turn.

Once all modules for a particular "blueprint" have been unlocked and mounted, your tank will turn into that "blueprint": a Leopard 2A1. And so on, up until the MBT Revolution.

Once you have earned enough "development points" on any given platforms, you may unlock the following one. In this case, either the Leopard 2A5 - which will take you up to the Leopard 2A7-140 - or, possibly, the Main Ground Combat System Platform armed with newest Rheinmetall 130mm L/51.

Another example, as regards the Armata platform, you will be able to unlock "blueprints" and buy modules to get a variety of AFVs, from the T-14 and the T-15 IFV to the 2S35 SPG.

how will it be implemented when there are players who have theire tanks "half way maxed"

and for players who have theire tanks already maxed , they will instantly have the last variant? ex: players who have theire leo2a4 maxed in this version , will they have a mbt revolution when that update is released?
git gud noob

#13 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

how will it be implemented when there are players who have theire tanks "half way maxed"

and for players who have theire tanks already maxed , they will instantly have the last variant? ex: players who have theire leo2a4 maxed in this version , will they have a mbt revolution when that update is released?

Most modules will simply "overlap" current ones; the mechanics and specifications related to said modules being the main aspects to be modified. This means that, in the majority of cases, it will simply be a matter of resuming from where one left off; with possible additional modules - which, nevertheless, won't prevent you from going further down the "development chart". You will keep what you currently have.

Though we are still talking about early-stage development - and thus much is left to speculation - it is assured all changes will be implemented in a "soft" and fair way for all players.

• basmal121 and Tank Ben like this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

#14 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

and altank , commenting on the way you explained the new tech tree it seems like from an armata we get t15 then after the t15 we get a 2s35 koaltsya sv but isnt it better to make an SPG line -old arties --> msta-s ~>> 2s35 and a afv line bmpt -> bmpt72--> t15 then same for mbt line?
git gud noob

#15 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

and altank , commenting on the way you explained the new tech tree it seems like from an armata we get t15 then after the t15 we get a 2s35 koaltsya sv but isnt it better to make an SPG line -old arties --> msta-s ~>> 2s35 and a afv line bmpt -> bmpt72--> t15 then same for mbt line?

Different "platform" types will be interconnected wherever possible so to allow players to unlock and get to several different AFV types without having to play all previous units; effectively skipping certain AFVs you may not find yourself comfortable with.

This means that you may unlock and get to the T-15 IFV from two different paths: you may get to the T-15 by going through the Soviet/Russian IFV line, unlocking it from the BMPT-2; however, you may also get to it by playing thought the Soviet/Russian MBT line, unlocking it by playing the T-14 Armata.

Similarly, you may get to the BMPT by playing through the Soviet/Russian IFV line, unlocking it from the BMP-3; or, alternatively, by playing through the MBT line, unlocking it from the T-72.

Obviously enough, however, it will cost more in terms of both development points and credits to unlock the T-15 IFV from the T-14 Armata than from the BMPT-2; so that the whole system is balanced and players are encouraged to try and play all lines; while still granting you a high degree of "liberty" when it comes to personal taste, offering alternative routes and not a single, forced one; wherever possible, of course.

• Iluvtanks and Tank Ben like this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}