magic ender11

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

tanktastic.png

Hello everyone,

​I just had a random thought that just passed through my head, Tantastic on PC??

​Yeah sounds crazy, a game that started on Phone that will probably stay on phone, well games like World Of Tanks and lots more actually where implemented from PC to phone, can Tantastic be from phone to PC?

​Its a random suggestion but on PC graphics could be a lot better than phone as specs on some PC's today can sustain such game.

​Also this could bring a comeback for the sudden loss of Veteran Players, I think that PC could change the problems we currently have and bring a hole new generation to this game, firstly apps like NOX can make Tanktastic function on PC, but due to the game not being made on PC it cant run at its maximum.

​Some players may not like the idea of PC TT, but until we do it then we can disregard it.

​Good idea??

I don't know its just something that could make a change to the current Tanktastic,

​The only problem I cant take note on is how will PC players be able to connect to Phone players and would PC players have more off an advantage or could be we just have a complete separate server but linked accounts?

​Comment down below on what you think. :)

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun - TECREAT TRIAL MEMBER

#2 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Well, you've brought up a topic that I have already brought up once, but after the forum had been updated it was removed. Anyway, yours looks a lot more organized. But people brought up a lot of valid negative and positive points. Actually, people really did like the idea, from what I recall, but it's just not realistic for Tanktastic. I mean, first of all, they'd have to create it either where the server is separate from the mobile server, or somehow connected. From what I know, WoT doesn't have linked accounts or servers. I mean, the wargaming account is there, but all the tanks reset. All that graphics stuff goes over my head, so I can't tell you if that will look good or not, but this would be a lot of hard work for the couple tens of people who actually would play it on PC. A lot of people who have computers, have phones, and currently, it would be easier to play Tanktastic on a phone, it actually is. Since a lot more of Tanktastics Tanks have faster turret rotation than WoT's its hard to drag the mouse around to turn the turret. So yeah, basically, stick to the mobile device. For the few people like me who don't own a phone, we'll figure out NOX.

And then if you're as unfortunate as me to only have Linux Mint..well then, you're blanked..

And as for the veterans coming back because of a bi-device compatible game? That's not going to change anything. People didn't leave because they hated using the mobile device, they left because the game qualities left.

Edited by blitzkrieg101, 17 March 2017 - 04:39 PM.

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair. Unknown   You don't know me until you hurt my friends, or my family. Hurt me, I can take it; hurt my friends, you'll regret it; hurt my family, you'll be hunted. -Me              

Leader of Clan LCSS- Lone Code Survivors- Website: http://lonecode.clan.su 

Please feel free to make an account on the website, if, you are interested in joining. Thanks.

#3 Smigstank

Smigstank

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • HomeFlorida, United States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

Devs use pc I think ._.

Edited by smigstank-, 17 March 2017 - 05:53 PM.

• rcmppolice and magic ender11 like this
Hi

#4 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Maybe it would just be a good idea to recreate tanktastic for PC with all the 2.0 pros and some of the thinks we loved from old 1.2! then after that they have to get the controls figured out and all that stuff and make some small advertisements because I don't think manny of the veteran players even care about this game anymore and have either moved on in life or moved to another game!
  • magic ender11 likes this

Lazar Beam @ YouTube

#5 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• General Community Representative
  • 3087 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

The developers have answered no to this several times.

Devs use pc I think ._.

Of course the developers use a PC to develop and test the game. That cannot be achieved with a mobile device.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#6 magic ender11

magic ender11

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

Well its always worth another try. :)

Devs use pc I think ._.

They use PC to test the game and vehicles.

Maybe it would just be a good idea to recreate tanktastic for PC with all the 2.0 pros and some of the thinks we loved from old 1.2! then after that they have to get the controls figured out and all that stuff and make some small advertisements because I don't think manny of the veteran players even care about this game anymore and have either moved on in life or moved to another game!

Yeah, I just think it could help Tanktastic at its current state. :D

Well, you've brought up a topic that I have already brought up once, but after the forum had been updated it was removed. Anyway, yours looks a lot more organized. But people brought up a lot of valid negative and positive points. Actually, people really did like the idea, from what I recall, but it's just not realistic for Tanktastic. I mean, first of all, they'd have to create it either where the server is separate from the mobile server, or somehow connected. From what I know, WoT doesn't have linked accounts or servers. I mean, the wargaming account is there, but all the tanks reset. All that graphics stuff goes over my head, so I can't tell you if that will look good or not, but this would be a lot of hard work for the couple tens of people who actually would play it on PC. A lot of people who have computers, have phones, and currently, it would be easier to play Tanktastic on a phone, it actually is. Since a lot more of Tanktastics Tanks have faster turret rotation than WoT's its hard to drag the mouse around to turn the turret. So yeah, basically, stick to the mobile device. For the few people like me who don't own a phone, we'll figure out NOX.

And then if you're as unfortunate as me to only have Linux Mint..well then, you're blanked..

And as for the veterans coming back because of a bi-device compatible game? That's not going to change anything. People didn't leave because they hated using the mobile device, they left because the game qualities left.

Turret rotation is able to be modified for mouse control, with this it makes a finger controlled turret to a Mouse controlled turret.

This also means that players can play the game that they would on PC, and world of tanks has linked accounts from PC to mobile and Xbox, Basically Tanktastic Blitz is on steam that's a mobile game so why can we do the same??? :3

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#7 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2457 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

Default font please..

Of course the developers use a PC to develop and test the game. That cannot be achieved with a mobile device.

They use PC to test the game and vehicles.

Unity Remote is a downloadable app designed to help with Android, iOS and tvOS development. The app connects with Unity while you are running your project in Play Mode from the editor.

They play it on Mobile device while running it on PC

Edited by basmal121, 18 March 2017 - 06:31 AM.

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

#8 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• 3087 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

Unity Remote is a downloadable app designed to help with Android, iOS and tvOS development. The app connects with Unity while you are running your project in Play Mode from the editor.
They play it on Mobile device while running it on PC

That is correct, they may do that, in fact, that is what they do when they want to know how the game runs and behaves on a mobile device, but they test the game directly in Unity 3D when they only need to debug and test new features.

u0KGBYG.gif

#9 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

Recreating Tanktastic for PC is like creating a new game, that's a big challenge for developers. If you want to play Tanktastic on PC, Nox App Player is a solid choice, it has amazing key mapping for Tanktastic, it does have some bugs but overall I think it's the best Android emulator for Tanktastic. 

Edited by JBDD, 18 March 2017 - 07:50 AM.

• blitzkrieg101 and magic ender11 like this

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (currently retired) 

[AMMO] THE A TEAM 

#10 magic ender11

magic ender11

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Recreating Tanktastic for PC is like creating a new game, that's a big challenge for developers. If you want to play Tanktastic on PC, Nox App Player is a solid choice, it has amazing key mapping for Tanktastic, it does have some bugs but overall I think it's the best Android emulator for Tanktastic. 

Basically what they could do, is they can change the key bindings on Phone to fit the sufficient needs for PC users, over all there's a lot of PC gamers and they could find a interest into PC TT.

Think if Tanktastic was on PC, you can have you account directly from phone linked to PC, lots more vehicles could be added and there textures could be modified to hit a higher file size this means tanks would look better and maps will be able to be slightly bigger than they currently are.

Also this means bugs will probably be harder to come by.

Unity is capable to use keyboard bindings and mobile control bindings, If the game was linked to mobile device you can be on your phone at work and other places, and when you get home (Where ever your PC is) and play it like that its actually quite simple. :)

They can still run it via PC but its not as advanced as full key mapping, they probably use the WASD and Arrow keys to control the vehicles.

That is correct, they may do that, in fact, that is what they do when they want to know how the game runs and behaves on a mobile device, but they test the game directly in Unity 3D when they only need to debug and test new features.

Exactly, Unity is good because it can have multiple key bindings that vairy from PC to Mobile but as you said its only to test new features and to debug areas of the game. :)

But it is possible.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#11 Edelstahl99

Edelstahl99

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Homesomewhere in Germany.......

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

cross platform playing with pc and mobile devices would be nice.....

<p>Killing tanks since 15AHTC Desire HD Android 2.2 after this device: Motorola Moto G 2013 with CyanogenMod 14.1 and root (nightly version of cm14.1) (Android 7.1 based) after this: iPhone 5s 16gb

#12 USMC Sniper

USMC Sniper

Old Man of the Forums

• Senior Moderator
  • Others: In-game Senior Moderator
  • 2270 posts
  • HomeFiore

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Personally I would like to be able to play TT on my PC as my tablet can no longer run TT except on the lowest settings and resolution, currently I am using an emulator(NOX) and not really liking it very well. I could see TT in the future being available for PC as I have seen MUCH worse games that started on mobile and are now available on PC.

#13 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8357 posts
  • HomeLeeds, United Kingdom (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

This is like telling a hobo on the streets to go to college.

You guys already know this, the game is on a tug war per se. It isn't on a good economic position to make a console game. Developing a mobil game takes a lot of time, funds, effort, and a very skilled dev team. How are you expecting GHOR to go as far as to go and make a PC game, knowing the high risk of going bankrupt? Did you guys lost it or what?

The game is struggling to get any recognition in the Mobil gaming community, running short on players and you're now expecting them to go out and randomly make a PC game without any advertisement? How are you expecting the player base to change? How are you expecting the devs to make profit? That's just a waste of money, period.

Just use an Emulator and quit whining.

Edited by randy12345, 18 March 2017 - 01:40 PM.

• Tank Ben, blitzkrieg101 and je4n10 like this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#14 magic ender11

magic ender11

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

You guys already know this, the game is on a tug war per se. It isn't on a good economic position to make a console game. Developing a mobil game takes a lot of time, funds, effort, and a very skilled dev team. How are you expecting GHOR to go as far as to go and make a PC game, knowing the high risk of going bankrupt? Did you guys lost it or what?

The game is struggling to get any recognition in the Mobil gaming community, running short on players and you're now expecting them to go out and randomly make a PC game without any advertisement? How are you expecting the player base to change? How are you expecting the devs to make profit? That's just a waste of money, period.

Bankrupt??? This will as I said bring a hole new generation to tanktastic, the devs will be anything but bankrupt, say if it was on steam or a stand alone website players could download the game, get gold and lots more extra things for the game as PC players seem to put the most money into gaming. :)

Personally I would like to be able to play TT on my PC as my tablet can no longer run TT except on the lowest settings and resolution, currently I am using an emulator(NOX) and not really liking it very well. I could see TT in the future being available for PC as I have seen MUCH worse games that started on mobile and are now available on PC.

Exactly, I would love it on PC too as lots of my friends have PC and I would love to play this game with them... :£

cross platform playing with pc and mobile devices would be nice.....

Yeah I know it would be great.

Ok then, its been great to see other peoples opinion on the suggestion, its good how there's a side for it and against (Clearly showing the Cons and the Pros) I think these kind of suggestions would be great on the impact to this community;

I just hope the community I help most with keeps up on what its doing, its a shame seeing the people who were closest to me leaving this community, I personally wont ever give up on it. :)

Have a great day;

Magic

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#15 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Bankrupt??? This will as I said bring a hole new generation to tanktastic, the devs will be anything but bankrupt, say if it was on steam or a stand alone website players could download the game, get gold and lots more extra things for the game as PC players seem to put the most money into gaming. :)

Well, technically, that's only valid if people are willing to pay for gold. I mean, there are a lot of people willing to waste money in a game, but there are a lot of people that are going to try the game out before they waste gold. If nothing in the game hooks them, it doesn't matter that its on a computer. Plus, there are not more people with a computer than people with a phone. If people wanted to play the game, they'd play and pay on the phone. The phone is much more simple, especially because its portable. You can play on the go. Not everyone can sit at a desk and play the game. Besides, they're not going to get anymore publicity creating it for a computer. I'd say improve the mobile game app to the absolute best it can be, and then progress.

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair. Unknown   You don't know me until you hurt my friends, or my family. Hurt me, I can take it; hurt my friends, you'll regret it; hurt my family, you'll be hunted. -Me              

Please feel free to make an account on the website, if, you are interested in joining. Thanks.

#16 magic ender11

magic ender11

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Well, technically, that's only valid if people are willing to pay for gold. I mean, there are a lot of people willing to waste money in a game, but there are a lot of people that are going to try the game out before they waste gold. If nothing in the game hooks them, it doesn't matter that its on a computer. Plus, there are not more people with a computer than people with a phone. If people wanted to play the game, they'd play and pay on the phone. The phone is much more simple, especially because its portable. You can play on the go. Not everyone can sit at a desk and play the game. Besides, they're not going to get anymore publicity creating it for a computer. I'd say improve the mobile game app to the absolute best it can be, and then progress.

Good point, but progress is only progress if you do something that makes the game better as I said its only a suggestion, its probably will only get taken into consideration after as you said "Improve the mobile app to the absolute best it can be" I think that's a really good point. Get the game to its finest then apply PC "Ext".

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

#17 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8357 posts
  • HomeLeeds, United Kingdom (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Good point, but progress is only progress if you do something that makes the game better as I said its only a suggestion, its probably will only get taken into consideration after as you said "Improve the mobile app to the absolute best it can be" I think that's a really good point. Get the game to its finest then apply PC "Ext".

You think porting it to PC is just that simple right? And on steam!? Lol. The hardest thing is getting the green light, which is around 40% chance of occuring. Why? Because the community votes on weather the game is good or not. Up to PC standards, Tanktastic wont stand a chance. If it ever happens to pass, then GHOR has to pay $100~$1500 fee. If the game manages to get published, it will then proceed to the 2nd main problem, the Steam keyboard warriors and the lack of advertisement. You might be surprised with what the steam community is capable of, they hold no petty when it comes to reviewing, specially a game trying to compete with the "Big Dogs" which are f2p too.

Tanktastic on PC is a waste of cash, time and development. You think that porting it to PC is free? That it doesn't require tweaks and graphics buffs? Which cost the devs a huge amount of their profit savings? Please dude, think about the flaws on your ideas before sharing them, not everything is pink.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#18 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

You think porting it to PC is just that simple right? And on steam!? Lol. The hardest thing is getting the green light, which is around 40% chance of occuring. Why? Because the community votes on weather the game is good or not. Up to PC standards, Tanktastic wont stand a chance. If it ever happens to pass, then GHOR has to pay $100~$1500 fee. If the game manages to get published, it will then proceed to the 2nd main problem, the Steam keyboard warriors and the lack of advertisement. You might be surprised with what the steam community is capable of, they hold no petty when it comes to reviewing, specially a game trying to compete with the "Big Dogs" which are f2p too.

Tanktastic on PC is a waste of cash, time and development. You think that porting it to PC is free? That it doesn't require tweaks and graphics buffs? Which cost the devs a huge amount of their profit savings? Please dude, think about the flaws on your ideas before sharing them, not everything is pink.

Dude, I get that obviously we both agree that this idea is bad. But no need to ride roughshod over him..This forum is open to suggestions, if nothing comes in, nobody learns about people's opinions. Even topics that seem stupid can be learned from.

#19 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• 3087 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

Suggestions are always welcome, remember that. This idea was good. But it has been suggested many times before and rejected by the developers every time. This time too. The developers can not, are not able to and will not convert their game into a PC game. It is very time consuming and inflicts costs. They have worked extremely hard for almost five years; started from scratch and added more and more details, features, improvements, et cetera. This game is built for mobile devices, not for PC. It would take them another five years and maybe more if they were to develop a good PC game. That will not happen, at least not in the nearest future, especially considering the current situation.

u0KGBYG.gif

#20 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2457 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Why not ask the developers of said android emulator to improve their AppPlayer?

Umm.. it's console-based ...

Edited by basmal121, 19 March 2017 - 04:01 AM.

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}