24 replies to this topic

#1 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

I know a couple of months ago I was on ROBLOX and now I've moved on to a better engine and I've started working on 3D models and a 3D game.
The game engine I use is called 'Atomic Engine' and I'm using the TypeScript language to code in it. I also play other games so here's just a WIP turret called 'Smoky' from it. Anyways, here's the model including the base I'm using to model it. I'm gonna complete it over the days and post the finished M-0 look as well. It's not rendered yet either since I'm new to 3D modelling. I will eventually import it and begin working on the physics and the juicy part of creating the demo.

UPDATES TO THE ROBLOX GAME:
I realized my work wasn't gonna really fit in a game engine like that. Texturing is terrible, but I'll work in ROBLOX Studio nonetheless. I moved the project to the Atomic Engine and it will be completed there instead. Sure you may think of me as a 'quitter' but go and give ROBLOX a try and you'll come back empty-handed. Like it or not it's been shifted and trust me or not I cannot control what you think. For those who really want to play something that I make, give me a couple of months to get this working then I'll post demos and you guys can play those demos.

Game Engine used: Atomic Engine(experimental), Blender Game Engine
Modelling engine used: Wings3D

Smoky Model.jpg

SmokyM-0.jpg

Edited by MatrixEpic, 13 March 2017 - 07:45 PM.

• rcmppolice, Iluvtanks and NeonTempzzz like this

Print ("MatrixCraft was here!");

OUTPUT - -:         MatrixCraft was here!

#2 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

So, are you making a Roblox game or a whole new game? I didn't completely understand.

Leader of ERFO

307itVD.jpg

#3 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:01 AM

good luck man

RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#4 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

So, are you making a Roblox game or a whole new game? I didn't completely understand.

The project I was making has been 'moved' to the Atomic Engine. ROBLOX doesn't handle graphics well and has many issues which is why I switched to a 3D engine where I have complete rights over what I create. You cannot export ROBLOX games.

good luck man

Thanks, I'll need it.

#5 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

The project I was making has been 'moved' to the Atomic Engine. ROBLOX doesn't handle graphics well and has many issues which is why I switched to a 3D engine where I have complete rights over what I create. You cannot export ROBLOX games.

Thanks, I'll need it.

Ok

Leader of ERFO

307itVD.jpg

#6 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • Others: Community Contributor
  • 3047 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

Looks nice. You could start using Unity 3D, a more advanced game engine, when you feel you can do that.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: Tanktastic In-game Moderator ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#7 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

I don't know much about 3D modeling but I know a few engineering modeling applications that are just not very user-friendly. I forgot its name but it takes forever to learn to do the basic changes.

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

#8 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Looks nice. You could start using Unity 3D, a more advanced game engine, when you feel you can do that.

I wish I could but my computer gets slow every time I install it since Visual Studio installs with it and other effects also get installed with it. But I'll get to Unity once I'm done working withe the Atomic Engine. I've also wanted to work in Unreal Engine 4 since it has a Visual Programming mode titled 'Blueprints' which makes coding much easier. In the past months I've worked with Flash 3D molehill graphics a little which is why I ventured a little outside ROBLOX to see my options but FlashDevelop has no editor so that made things worse. Thanks for the compliment too I just have to wait a couple of years until I get my own PC where I can practically have what I want.

Edited by MatrixEpic, 28 February 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#9 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

NEW UPDATE!

So, here's a new update to the official screenshot, now I feel its getting better. The M-0 part is almost done, I just need to get the final look and I'll pop into the renders.

Smoky Pic 1.jpg

Smoky Pic 2.jpg

Smoky Pic 3.jpg

Smoky Pic 4.jpg

Hope you guys like it!  :)

#10 greenbeard

greenbeard

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • HomeDragon type - Tricarrier

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

yeah good luck man..!!! :ph34r:

The legendary GREENBEARD..

#11 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

yeah good luck man..!!! :ph34r:

#12 alt

alt

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

nice!

#13 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:52 AM

Smoky turret of tanki..

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

#14 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8313 posts
  • HomeLeeds, United Kingdom (Now living on NYC)

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

Smoky turret of tanki..

Lol

Bow down to my dank memes.

#15 sniper_101

sniper_101

Warrant Officer

• In-game Moderator
  • 109 posts
  • HomeEarth

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

nice, keep it up

#16 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • Others: Community Contributor
  • 3047 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

I wish I could but my computer gets slow every time I install it since Visual Studio installs with it and other effects also get installed with it. But I'll get to Unity once I'm done working withe the Atomic Engine. I've also wanted to work in Unreal Engine 4 since it has a Visual Programming mode titled 'Blueprints' which makes coding much easier. In the past months I've worked with Flash 3D molehill graphics a little which is why I ventured a little outside ROBLOX to see my options but FlashDevelop has no editor so that made things worse. Thanks for the compliment too I just have to wait a couple of years until I get my own PC where I can practically have what I want.

Ah, I see. Hope you will get a new PC soon then; it is much better to use a game engine that you really want to use. I am currently using Visual Studio 2015 (will upgrade to Visual Studio 2017 once released in March), but not for gaming purposes, sadly. Will try developing for Android later.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: Tanktastic In-game Moderator ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#17 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

Smoky turret of tanki..

I think you need to look at the facts of how well develop Tanki was back then. Tanki had 3D flash graphics before Adobe even released Stage3D frameworks as a real thing in Flash Player 11. Tanki would have had 'Unreal' graphics back in 2012 if they had continued TO 2.0 and tbh Flash isn't an easy platform to create games for. :)

nice, keep it up

Thanks so much! :)

Ah, I see. Hope you will get a new PC soon then; it is much better to use a game engine that you really want to use. I am currently using Visual Studio 2015 (will upgrade to Visual Studio 2017 once released in March), but not for gaming purposes, sadly. Will try developing for Android later.

Yes, Visual Studio is a great platform to release useful apps on. I do require Visual Studio Code for debugging in TypeScript but it isn't necessary if you're a professional programmer. And I find TypeScript easy as it's quite similar to ActionScript 3.0. JavaScript, C# and C++ are options for me too but I'd stick with something I'd know. :D

#18 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

It's still in works. I've not quit. Wings3D has a lot of complications with UV Mapping. Getting around it. :)

#19 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Tanki had 3D flash graphics before Adobe even released Stage3D frameworks as a real thing in Flash Player 11. Tanki would have had 'Unreal' graphics back in 2012 if they had continued TO 2.0 and tbh Flash isn't an easy platform to create games for. :)

Tanki development has never seen break

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

#20 MatrixEpic

MatrixEpic

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeHomeWorld

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Tanki development has never seen break

Alternativa is really busy multi-tasking with Tanki X and Tanki Online. Honestly speaking, I like Tanki X more since it is made using Unity and not Flash.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}