9 replies to this topic

#1 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:23 AM

Just thought I'd add some thoughts on TT.

Not being a member for very long, these may of been raised before, if so, you have my apologies.

Also apologies to Jersh, who did ask for suggestions a few weeks ago, but I've obviously missed the deadline.

Night games:

What happened to Night games?, did I miss the memo.

Perhaps, a low light level (similar to dusk) game could be introduced.

All players would have the same disadvantage without the night vision equipment.

Maybe random moving searchlights at base camps in flag matches?

For beginners:

Found myself often saying 'what was that tank', typically after having been shot (repeatedly!).

So maybe a the ability to pick on the tank icons of other players in the game to see what tank they are using.

Yes, the icons may mean something to some of you, but I bet its the minority.

No need to show what upgrades are fitted.

Gun emplacements (Berms).

Perhaps a few 'Berms' scattered around a few of the maps might be useful.

They would provide additional cover, something I feel is lacking.

It might promote teamwork while advancing, as the tank in the berm could provide cover yet would have to reverse out of it to proceed forwards.

Hangers:

I have to admit thinking that if one of the hangers/buildings was much bigger (maybe much much bigger) it would add an extra dimension to the game.

Being able not just to drive through it, but drive around in it.

For those that are still reading:

What about having the odd tunnel, maybe a shortcut, easily defended but such an advantage if not.

Surely wouldn't take much additional graphics either.

Thank for your time,

Its always interesting(even inspiring) to have feedback, so feel free to comment on the above or add your own thoughts suggestions.

Cheers Rob

• Red Faction and Iluvtanks like this

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent.

Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you.  Cautionary: You always have a choice.  Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

#2 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3182 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

Night games:

What happened to Night games?, did I miss the memo.

Perhaps, a low light level (similar to dusk) game could be introduced.

All players would have the same disadvantage without the night vision equipment.

Maybe random moving searchlights at base camps in flag matches?

The night mode was removed from the game due to the difficultness to make beautiful day-night cycle on mobile devices.  Another reason was that the feature greatly increased the GPU usage, resulting in that it interfered with some other effects and was therefore unstable. Thus, it was decided to stay away from this feature for now; it may be implemented again in the future.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#3 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:04 AM

The night mode was removed from the game due to the difficultness to make beautiful day-night cycle on mobile devices.  Another reason was that the feature greatly increased the GPU usage, resulting in that it interfered with some other effects and was therefore unstable. Thus, it was decided to stay away from this feature for now; it may be implemented again in the future.

That's if the game survives :D

• Drestdave and JBDD like this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#4 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3182 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:04 AM

That's if the game survives :D

True. We hope for the best. Hope the developers will change the different aspects so that the game can stay alive for at least some more years.

u0KGBYG.gif

#5 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, when I was in night mode I had some weird bugs, plus thermal vision messed with my eyes to much. However in city map I had no issues due to the street lights

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#6 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

ijust noticed there was no more night vision... did we get our money back?
RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#7 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3182 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

ijust noticed there was no more night vision... did we get our money back?

No.

u0KGBYG.gif

#8 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1420 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:04 AM

No.

disappointing...
RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#9 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:11 AM

Hello, thanks to those who have responded.

Have to say I'm slightly disappointed (though not enough that it'll ruin my day) that there have been no comments left about my other suggestions, are they that ludicrous?

Got to admit I didn't notice Night mode had gone till the other day, obviously its not something I/we used regularly, or miss.

One of the reasons I wrote this post was to try and get something out there to discuss, other than the multitude of negative posts about TT.

Think positive criticism.

What about commenting on Tank icon identification, Tunnels, Berms, and hangers!!

Don't mind if its a negative comment. I've most probably heard a lot worse.

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent.

Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you.  Cautionary: You always have a choice.  Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

#10 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2513 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

Hello, thanks to those who have responded.
Have to say I'm slightly disappointed (though not enough that it'll ruin my day) that there have been no comments left about my other suggestions, are they that ludicrous?
Got to admit I didn't notice Night mode had gone till the other day, obviously its not something I/we used regularly, or miss.
One of the reasons I wrote this post was to try and get something out there to discuss, other than the multitude of negative posts about TT.
Think positive criticism.

What about commenting on Tank icon identification, Tunnels, Berms, and hangers!!
Don't mind if its a negative comment. I've most probably heard a lot worse.

We have tons of ideas suggested... But..

All your suggestions is appropriated

29dekvt.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}