Photo

Christmas Contest Feedback.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Christmas Contest Feedback (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you understand the concept of the contest?

1. Yes, it was very clear. (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Yes but it took me a while to understand. (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. No, the wording was too complicated. (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. No, not at all. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Were you satisfied with the rewards?

1. Very! It was an amazing idea. (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Yes but I'm not over the moon about it. (2 votes [22.22%])

3. No, there could have been more gold. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No, the Christmas camo is pointless. (2 votes [22.22%])

Should the contest be the same for both Communities?

1. Yes, this will make it easier to compare submissions. (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Yes but judged separately. (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. No, diversity is good. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No and judged separately. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Lieutenant General

• In-game Moderator
  • 523 posts
  • HomeGreat Britain, England.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Hello all,

I’m creating this topic in order to provide feedback to the 2016 Christmas Contest in a coherent and structured manner. I will aim to address the problems and attempt to provide solutions with the Community’s help. Therefore, feel free to share your opinions below but I request that you do so in a controlled and rational way.

The Contest

Overall, the concept for the contest appeared to be Christmas themed and well appreciated by the English Community -

…”submit an in-game screenshot or video featuring a Christmas-themed situation related to Tanktastic, clearly showing the deep bonds you established with your fellow tank commanders during your experience in the Tanktastic Community: a contest true to the spirit of Christmas itself.”

However, the majority of players did not fully comprehend what to do from reading the initial post until it was simplified into a basic structure that even people whose first language is not English, could understand. Therefore, I appreciate that this was implemented and hope that in future contests, the concepts and rules can be grasped with as much ease from the start.

Regarding the rewards, I personally felt they were appropriate but please vote in the poll or disagree with a response to this topic if you have another impression.

The Judgement

The most controversial issue.

I thought initially that the contest would have been the same for both the English and Russian Communities and more specifically stemming from the English-side as this was our suggested competition along with the rewards. However, it appears the Russian competition was to convey the sentiment of brotherhood as they do no celebrate Christmas until the 7th January. This is a valid and we should accept it but in my eyes, it makes no sense comparing the quality of both, English and Russian contests, together as we had different concepts to illustrate.

Their argument states that our submissions were close to zero. True. Although, a better solution would be to perhaps provide a bit more time for our community to create quality content and not rushed work. For instance, a friend of mine was creating a video but due to time constraints and his software not working, he was unable to make the deadline. Another team leader has issues organising  his team to meet and take a single screenshot.

The Rules

This brings me onto the next aspect, the rules for both Communities. In ours, we were told –

No more than a single entry will be permitted; though you will be allowed to withdraw your previous submission and replace it with another. In order for this to take effect, please, edit your previous entry and replace everything with "Submission deleted" or anything holding the same meaning. Then simply create a new post with your new submission. Should a Community member be found to have submitted more than a single screenshot/s or video/s or a combination of both, said entries will not be considered and will be disqualified.”

“…no post editing will be allowed aside from the case a group leader wants to withdraw their entry and replace it with a new submission. Any edited posts will be disqualified, so, please, check carefully before actually submitting your entry and the group composition.”

From this I understand, that we cannot submit more than one screenshot or one video and this is backed up in the simplified post and also, we are not allowed to edit our posts. However, the Russians were in essence permitted to ignore these two fundamental rules. I had more ideas which I could have posted if I had submitted my posts on the Russian Forum.

To solve this, the Russian contest holders could have asked their contestants to submit their best screenshot  or video for evaluation.

Conclusion

I hope this topic has addressed what I outlined and that it is useful feedback for any future contest. Forgive me if I have made any mistakes and your corrections are welcomed.

As a side note, the discussion in the main Christmas topic was not constructive and I hope this made amends. If you were involved, please ask for your posts to be deleted.

Kind regards,

mr blue sky01.

​PS: I could not find a Contest Feedback Section.

Edited by Mr blue sky01, 01 January 2017 - 03:35 AM.

• randy12345, Error 403, khan and 1 other like this
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#2 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:48 AM

You forgot to add poll about feedback.. Wall of text..

29dekvt.jpg

#3 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:44 AM

I do not have much to add, as Mr Blue Sky01 and I appearantally are on the same page. But, I'll write down my thoughts:

The contest

The contest was excellent. The concept of this contest was how you expect them to be from the Contest Coordinators. It was very clear that this was well-thought out by them. Explaination about how to submit your media, the guidelines and just everything about information in general was clear given. I found myself having not much trouble with the description which Altank gave. Also, the possibilty for every tanktastic member to participate was a big pro for me. It is easy to make a screenshot etc. I also found myself really appreciating that the hosters would actually keep in mind that videos can contain way more media then a single screenshot. So overall everything was and is perfectly fine if we are talking about the concept, information etc.

​The Judgement

Like I  stated above, I do appreciate that they would keep the difference between videos and photos clear. That the hosts would Judge the submissions is no more then normal, of course. So, what did go wrong here is that the concept of this Christmas Contest is obviously Christmas. Involving the Russian community is not a problem at all, though the difference in culture did make the problem here.  The hosts and administrators involved in this contest should have noticed this. Because of the different dates of Christmas celebration, the task of the Russian community was clearly changed. Instead of the Christmas Theme, it became the Camaradery and family theme. This is obviously easier to create. And then if you need to mix the submissions and prizes while it are two whole different tasks, is just not possible. So instead of Judge and mix it togheter, it should be judged and not mixed, on their own theme.

​The Rules

You see rules for every contest. And that is good. It will prevent people making content what is not nice. So, the rules of this contest are pretty simple.  Of course your submission shouldn't be  in fight with the EULA, etc. I personnaly think the rules are not more then normal. So I do not have to say about that much. Though if someone is breaking he rule, they should be disqualified, no matter what way they broke it.

The Conclusion

​The contest was well designed. Rules, explainations and themes were excellent given. What did go wrong was the culturegab between the Russian community and the English one. So, overall, the contest and his concept are for me an A+, but due the difference etc the results are a little dissapointing. For me, the hosts of this contest did an amazing job, there is no blame on them. We should thank them for their effort and time.

[attachment=15394:th.jpg]

​I'm absolutely confident that there are several grammar mistakes in my post. My autocorrection is disabled. Thank you for reading!

​Drestdave

• khan likes this

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#4 khan

khan

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • HomeEARTH

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:02 AM

Evrthing is good .i will say one thing judje separately ..we follow the rules and done what is write in the rules..but result is combined..which is not good..

Edited by khan, 02 January 2017 - 07:03 AM.

post-3240-0-65058200-1472822340.png

🌷💲👑UNIT👑💲🌷

#5 Edelstahl99

Edelstahl99

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Homesomewhere in Germany.......

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

I heard that the contests hasn't enough player who participated so the time probably wasn't set right.
Christmas time is holiday time and a bit stressful this means to throttle or shut down other activities (for example Tanktastic and gaming in general), this might be the reason for the low amount of players participating......

Maybe bring the idea earlier online and advertise for this event in the chats or send a email to every forum member
<p>Killing tanks since 15AHTC Desire HD Android 2.2 after this device: Motorola Moto G 2013 with CyanogenMod 14.1 and root (nightly version of cm14.1) (Android 7.1 based) after this: iPhone 5s 16gb

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}