#1 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

Tanktastic v2.1 review

Tanktastic v2 is a brand new start for tanktastic of which had not been updated since October 14th, 2014. The hype was real for this update to be the update to trump all others. Upon its release many players were upset what was presented while others were very happy with the new game presented by the developers. In this review we will be getting what people feel GHOR did correct and what needs to be changed/ or fixed.

Pros:

Newly edited maps: The new maps look fantastic the revamp to many was needed. Forest, Oilfield, and Winter feel much better to play then they ever did in the past battle wise with both spawns being fairly balanced with everyone converging to mid map for intense battles.

New Shooting ballistics: The new shell ballistics are fantastic adding more depth to which shell is best for a certain tank, or length of engagement all are much more realistic now requiring more skill in general to use shells such as HEAT, HE due to slow shell velocities they are primarily used at close range , were as AP, and APDS are of higher shell velocities giving them easier use over range making these shells prime for snipers.

New effects: The new shooting effects look amazing love seeing dust and smoke fly when firing makes it seem as if you're actually shooting a big massive cannon that is sending massive shells of death towards an enemy tank, or a tree. Sound effects are a massive improvement as well no longer does driving a tank sound like a glorified fart from old uncle Frank after taco tuesday. The tanks actually sound mean like a vicious pack of wolves ready to hunt. Cannon sounds now sound like a massive clap of thunder sending shivers up my spine every time I fire.

New Psychics: The new Psychics in tanktastic are an improvement over the clunky controls of tanktastic v1 the feeling of control over one's tank making maneuvers much more fluid after some practice.

New Tank Models: Tank Models look absolutely stunning the detail to each one is just amazing for a mobile game I always feel as if I am looking at the real thing when looking at say the Abrams in game or a Type 99, etc.

New Graphics:simply...wow never expected tanktastic to make such a massive leap in graphics from v1 many were skeptical when shown the first screenshots of v2 back in early 2015 most figured the pictures were edited on a computer to make them look much better than they really were yet everything looks exactly how it did in those early pictures no downgrade at all can be seen.

Things that need fixing:

Remodeling Challenger 2: Over the years many have asked for the Challenger 2 to get a remodeling for it is wider than its real life counterpart when judged side by side.

Aiming Circle: Sometimes when shooting shells will not fire within the green aiming reticle causing shots that would have otherwise hit a target to fly off into the infinite abyss of sky above. There is also the issue when in close quarters your barrel will simply go over a target causing a very stupid and embarrassing missed shot.

Artillery: Remove the spotting of enemy artillery when they fire causes artillery players just to simply wait for the other to shoot rather than supporting their teams. Also shrink the range needed for artillery to fire at short range as to give them some form of chance if an enemy tank gets within your base.

Buffs:

Abrams: Lower glacis buff, damage nerf to 640. Needs the lower armor buff no tank should be slamming shells through the Abrams lower plate for its frontal armor is the Abrams only saving grace. Decrease in damage is to limit it from being unstoppable head on.

K1: Accuracy buff, Damage buff. This tank was slammed to being basically worthless weak damage and accuracy so horrid you could miss at point blank range.

AMX-13: Damage buff, Acceleration buff. AMX-13 was at one point the go to light tank of mid level matches it had speed and firepower to give enemy tanks a hard time...in this update the thing is nearly worthless its damage sucks for its level and it is frankly fairly slow at accelerating making it an insanely easy kill.

Type 10: Armor buff. Type 10 was the one tank that dominated tanktastic for over 2 years being god tier in 21A and unbalanced enough to be above most tanks in 22A. It got a well deserved nerf but I feel it was far too hard of one Type 10 is basically a moving joke right now, with low health, and crappy armor it dies in 2 shots consistently making it useless unless sniping then hiding behind a bigger tank.

Challenger 2: Damage buff. The Challenger 2...one of the few tanks that have been consistently underpowered over the years is still very much stuck in the same area as it has always been...underpowered. Despite the massive health increase and the damage buff the Challenger 2 took a massive nerf in armor effectiveness making it a big low damage softie that dies long before it ever gets you below 40% health regardless of the tank used against it...besides Type 10. Either damage needs a increase or HESH round needs to be added for tanks that use it as to balance the low damage the Challenger 2 and a majority of the british tanks do.

Merkava: Damage nerf, reload buff,. The Merkava needs a damage nerf to around 600 damage then give it a reload of 3.5 or quicker in a game of making quick follow up shots the Merkava is more or less a sitting duck to any other tank as long as the other tanks do not miss a shot.

Type 99: top speed buff. Type 99 dies often due to its mediocre speed there is almost no chance for a player in a Type 99 to back up and reposition or get to locations quickly.

All MBT’s: Gun Mantel buff. It is annoying just how easily guns are taken out in v2 you spend more time waiting for your gun to get repaired then actually battling it feels like a lot of the time. Also MBT’s need a turret armor buff APDS should not be automatically doing -300 damage or more to a heavily armored turret especially if it's sloped.

Armor Effectiveness buff: With the release of v2 many have noticed that armor is more or less worthless with Health and Damage being much more of a factor in actually winning a fire fight. Armor needs a rework so that it is truly a worthwhile upgrade on tanks in later updates because right now the best tanks are the ones that have low armor totals because APDS is basically worthless against them.

Nerfs:

Arjun: damage nerf. The Arjun has become the go to tank in the game for its powerful missiles and insane damage(nearly rivaling the Abrams’s 670) making it insanely easy to secure kills not to mention its massive healthpool giving it a high chance of beating most other tanks out there if they do not get the drop on the Arjun not to mention its amazing speed making it able to cross maps insanely quick to get to power positions on a map.

Al Khalid: Health nerf. The Al Khalid is OP due to its healthpool and mildly fast fire rate makes it hard to kill before it kills you.

T-72: Damage nerf. T-72 is easily the most god tier tank at its level range with it being able to rival tanks almost 12 levels higher than it with the ability to 2-3 shot a Abrams head on, or 3 shot a Arjun T-72 is easily the most overpowered tank at its level and it shows when you face it.

C1: Damage nerf. The C1 has had its ups and downs over the last few years being god tier in both 19A and 20A then getting nerfed in 21A and 22A but still being considered the best level 60 tank out there. It is yet again insanely overpowered with the ability to do even more damage than the Abrams while having less damage stats wise(630 for C1 compared to Abrams 670) C1 can 2-3 shot any tank even Arjun, Challenger 2, or Merkava which have some of the highest healthpools in tanktastic currently.

T-80: Health nerf. The T-80 currently in tt is comparable to its 20A counterpart(the last time it was considered overpowered) it has an insane healthpool, average damage, and great frontal armor. It is not unfound to see T-80 smash even the Arjun into the ground if given the first shot advantage it kills most tanks in 3-4 shots while being able to absorb around 4-5 shots itself thanks to its high healthpool.

MSTA-S: Damage nerf. MSTA is easily the most powerful artillery for its level in the game currently being able to even 3 shot a T-72 if shots land closely no tank at its level range stands a chance once spotted.

TR-85: Damage nerf. The TR-85 is insanely powerful its armor is effective, has a healthpool, decent reload, and godly damage. This tank can two shot most tanks in tt. It is easily as powerful if not arguably more powerful than the C1 with it being able to 2-3 shot most 65+ tanks with ease while being able to soak up shots about the same way the Merkava did in old updates.

Suggestions:

Editing of garage slots/or removal: Most agree the garage slots are a big negative with v2 we all know GHOR needs cash to keep updates coming but most feel devs could edit how much garage slots cost, or possibly to put premium tanks, or camos into the game to help make profit. The player count has barely increased since the release of v2 a month ago this is usually not a good sign especially when player counts skyrocketed upon the release of v2. To bring in new players most feel the paywall to get tanks must be edited more removed completely with premium currency being placed towards unique tanks that just do not fit into any tech trees.

Shooting Tracks immobilizes tanks rather than damaging: This has been a thing suggested by many in the past and is still being suggested currently. It would be cool if shooting tracks merely immobilized a tank rather than causing massive damage giving you a chance to flank an enemy or just to throw their aim off causing them to miss the one shot needed to beat them head on. This would add a layer of depth and difficulty when in face off situations requiring you to think of how to approach an enemy and where to aim to guarantee a damaging shot.

Make damaging guns more difficult: While I do think this mechanic added in v1.22A added a depth realism to tanktastic I do feel it is much too easy to disable cannons in tt currently with most winning firefights merely by shooting each others cannon and disabling it over and over. I believe guns should be harder to knock out but add a mechanic where it is possible to hurt the reload speed or accuracy of a cannon for a certain amount of time and limit gun damaging to a 15% chance while making these other mechanics more of a 25% to 30% chance of happening.

ATGM’s being fired on flat ground: I feel rather than nerfing ATGM’s into oblivion like past updates I feel we should make firing them more realistic with you having to be on flat terrain with no massive mountains in front of you to be able to fire off missiles or if fired behind a mountain make it so there is a likely chance if either misses the target or hits the ground in front of your tank causing you to take damage.

ATGM lock on increase: I believe ATGM’s should have to take more time to lock onto an enemy and not be ready to fire about as soon as it's loaded it is far too quick as it stands currently making them more powerful than they were even in 19A when lock on feature was first added.

Active Protection Buff: Active Protection in real life is able to stop missiles from enemy tanks roughly 95% of the time and shells 70% of the time. While I am not suggesting making Active Protection that OP in tanktastic I do believe it needs a buff against missiles for as it stands it rarely if ever stops a missile before it hits you. I also believe Active Protection should warn you if an enemy is locked on to you giving you a chance to take countermeasures.

This concludes the Tanktastic v2.1 review feel free to post your thoughts and questions below.

Written by Tankiller96,

Thanks goes to: Jbdd, Sexytiger, MrBlueSky01, Flapjack12345j, Randy12345, jake_h_music, Psychosnake, Mikek, and raptorjet. In helping this group review become a reality.

Edited by Tankiller96, 26 December 2016 - 08:02 PM.

• Fiutel_88, Mr blue sky01, randy12345 and 5 others like this
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#2 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Well said, Damion. Keep up the good work!

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[VIPR] Deadly Vipers Clan 

#3 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

This is why I love my taco killer so much.

Dude, straight up outstanding review. Didn't expect this to be that well composed. It's even hard to think how non-biased it is as you're not only poiting your views and thoughts in a way that makes it look like a problem for one personally, but the whole community too.

Good work as always, couldn't have done any better.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#4 Qnomei

Qnomei

Official Wiki Admin

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • HomeThe Great Land of Cheese, also known as Wisconsin

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

I would like to see ATGMs have TOW missile style aiming on the raketenjagdpanzer 2, IT-1, M2 Bradley, and FV102. It would make them far more balanced if players actually had to aim their rockets instead of fire-and-forget instant kills. On MBTs like the T-90 the lock-on can stay.

The M50 Ontos is once again OP as well, and the upgrades are dirt cheap. I bought it in 18a, but never used it. Now it can kill most tanks in its level range with a single clip.

I know the Leopard 2 armor and health were buffed a little, but it still feels like a paper tank. It's nice that it can actually do damage to other high level MBTs now, but it seems to get basically one-shotted more often than before.

#5 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

I know the Leopard 2 armor and health were buffed a little, but it still feels like a paper tank. It's nice that it can actually do damage to other high level MBTs now, but it seems to get basically one-shotted more often than before.

You can't play it frontline. That's how the German tanks are built to be, Ambusher or Sniper. It can't afford to take hits, that's why you either Support your teamates from a nice spot, and once spotted by an enemy vehicle, bail out ASAP.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#6 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

You can't play it frontline. That's how the German tanks are built to be, Ambusher or Sniper. It can't afford to take hits, that's why you either Support your teamates from a nice spot, and once spotted by an enemy vehicle, bail out ASAP.

Leopard 2 is very good at sniping thanks to the DPM, and it has very large profile trade with high hit point pool. Sometimes it can save itself in dangerous situations, for example, a C1 approaches the Leopard 2.

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[VIPR] Deadly Vipers Clan 

#7 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

You forgot me pleb

29dekvt.jpg

#8 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

you can switch raptorjet to je4n ._.
btw cant we also lower "rubberness" of the tanks when you ram them ?
git gud noob

#9 DANGNUGGET

DANGNUGGET

Lance Corporal

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • HomeArizona, United States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

...I can't even play the game still...

#10 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

I also agree, the type 10 definitely needs to be modified to actually have a chance against tanks with double the armor as most tanks between level 50-72 can destroy it with 2-3 shots....

But overall most tanks are okay in balance but there is still plenty of updates to modify that.

Have a great Christmas.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#11 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1577 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:53 AM

I also agree, the type 10 definitely needs to be modified to actually have a chance against tanks with double the armor as most tanks between level 50-72 can destroy it with 2-3 shots....

But overall most tanks are okay in balance but there is still plenty of updates to modify that.

Have a great Christmas.

the type 10 is good as it is , can say very good. its not a brawl tank its a sniping / guerrilla tactic tank. good dpm and accuracy and mobility
git gud noob

#12 hjgator

hjgator

Captain

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • HomeSwitzerland

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

I only can say since they started the 2.0 update i still was able to play it on my galaxy tab 2 but now with evry update it gets harder.

After the latest update if i play a battle and want to go back to main menu it kicks me out. its very disappointing i believe all this christmas stuff and push stuff doing this.

PLEASE CHECK THAT

Also the speed difference in playing on a 7 inch tab or on a 10 inch tab is way too slow

I hope somebody cann tell this to the Developers

Thanks

#13 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3307 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

I only can say since they started the 2.0 update i still was able to play it on my galaxy tab 2 but now with evry update it gets harder.

After the latest update if i play a battle and want to go back to main menu it kicks me out. its very disappointing i believe all this christmas stuff and push stuff doing this.

PLEASE CHECK THAT

Also the speed difference in playing on a 7 inch tab or on a 10 inch tab is way too slow

I hope somebody cann tell this to the Developers

Thanks

If you have problems with lag; if the game crashes when it reaches the main menu after leaving a room, if the game lags while playing or if you have problems with loading your keyboard when trying to chat, your device cannot handle the amount of RAM the game is required to use in order to run. You could solve this problem by reducing the graphics. Go to Settings – Graphics and set Textures Quality to medium. This will, on some devices, make the game run much more smooth and prevent crashes.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#14 mikek

mikek

Sergeant

• In-game Senior Moderator
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

don't all seem so surprised. this is the damion ive known for 3 years...hes always looking at pros and cons and does due diligence to researching all....when your looking for answers damion always has them...o7 bro...WELL DONE!

• Tank Ben and Drestdave like this

#15 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

As to the fact that v2.2 is on the horizon I wish to bump this topic as to give mods, admins, and possibly the devs feedback of what a general majority of the community want from this next update.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#16 nardo99

nardo99

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • HomeSlovakia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

3 months after this great post absolutely NOTHING has changed...

My favourite tanks : Type10, Black Eagle, M1A2 Abrams, K1
My clan : VIPR - deadly vipers clan

#17 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3307 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

3 months after this great post absolutely NOTHING has changed...

Simply because there has been no update to cover these parts yet.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}