Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Fix auto balance

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Fix auto balance (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the auto balance to be fixed

1. Yes (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. No (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Simply; when player transfer to losing team, his points transfer too
And the winning team loses points as many as the transferred player points

So this would work in each gamemode as the following
Team Deathmatch- kills are transferred
Capture the Flag- flags are transferred
Control Points- points are transferred

Edited by basmal121, 23 December 2016 - 04:17 AM.

• Smigstank likes this

29dekvt.jpg

#2 DANGNUGGET

DANGNUGGET

Lance Corporal

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • HomeArizona, United States

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

I haven't played it, it just sounds like a problem that should be fixed.

#3 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

Seems like a legit balance, I fully support this suggestion.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#4 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

So this would work in each gamemode as the following?

Additional question for Control Points: If a player were to capture a point and then switch teams after he dies, would the possession of that point be changed to the other team as well? Or would the points (score) lost from the team from that point that the player is switching to be given back to that team and taken away from his original team instead? Or would both happen?

However, I think I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. Here's a couple reasons why:

Say a player that has to switch teams is doing really well and has racked up a bunch of kills, and is able to assist his teammates that may not be doing so well. Say on the other team there is a really good player as well, who is really beating up these players performing worse, but the main reason that their team is still able to win the game is that they have a good player with them as well. Then the good player switches teams, and now one team has two really good players and the other team won't stand a chance against two really good players that are now leading them by a substantial amount of (whatever the score unit is). And as many might know, this possibly leads to ragequits, arguments, and other things that are obviously detrimental to the game.

This function can also be abused as well. Say a game is going on for a long time, since the objective score was set so high. All the well-performing players just want this game to end now, as it is getting quite boring and they just want their silver and experience. The good players on one team could potentially wait until a player on the other team leaves due to whatever reason (probably also experiencing the same boredom, but don't think it's worth waiting to get the revenue since they wouldn't make very much anyway). The good players on one team subsequently switch teams, so now the score on one team either already reaches the objective so now they all receive the win bonus and finally finish the game, or just get easy kills on the less-skilled players until they do.

Your idea was great, as it had the idea to help balance the game and create more fairness, but I'll have to say otherwise.

• Iluvtanks and Tank Ben like this

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#5 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

So this would work in each gamemode as the following?

Correct, Smart boy.

"Additional question for Control Points: If a player were to capture a point and then switch teams after he dies, would the possession of that point be changed to the other team as well? Or would the points (score) lost from the team from that point that the player is switching to be given back to that team and taken away from his original team instead? Or would both happen?"

Capture Points stay for the previous team after switching, only points transfer (goes to losing team)

"and now one team has two really good players and the other team won't stand a chance against two really good players that are now leading them by a substantial amount of (whatever the score unit is). And as many might know, this possibly leads to ragequits, arguments, and other things that are obviously detrimental to the game."

Players can only switch when the enemy team has lower points otherwise player with average points get transferred

"so now the score on one team either already reaches the objective so now they all receive the win bonus and finally finish the game, or just get easy kills on the less-skilled players until they do."

Auto balance will be smarter. It switches the player with enough points to make both team closet in points e.g. 55-58, 39-35..

This is better than current auto balance Overall

Edited by basmal121, 22 December 2016 - 10:14 PM.

29dekvt.jpg

#6 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

Correct, Smart boy.

"Additional question for Control Points: If a player were to capture a point and then switch teams after he dies, would the possession of that point be changed to the other team as well? Or would the points (score) lost from the team from that point that the player is switching to be given back to that team and taken away from his original team instead? Or would both happen?"

Capture Points stay for the previous team after switching, only points transfer (goes to losing team)

"and now one team has two really good players and the other team won't stand a chance against two really good players that are now leading them by a substantial amount of (whatever the score unit is). And as many might know, this possibly leads to ragequits, arguments, and other things that are obviously detrimental to the game."

Players can only switch when the enemy team has lower points otherwise player with average points get transferred

"so now the score on one team either already reaches the objective so now they all receive the win bonus and finally finish the game, or just get easy kills on the less-skilled players until they do."

Auto balance will be smarter. It switches the player with enough points to make both team closet in points e.g. 55-58, 39-35..

This is better than current auto balance Overall

I think I might be mistaken what you mean by "switch". Do you mean switch as in the automatic balance function, or a new feature where a player can manually and purposely switch teams? If it is the latter, this feature could work, although realistically not too many would use it since they would want the best chance to win. But otherwise, this would be a really cool and helpful new thing :)
  • Iluvtanks likes this

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#7 greenbeard

greenbeard

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 46 posts
  • HomeDragon type - Tricarrier

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:45 AM

Sounds cool.. but It makes the game easy and less competitive (don't ask how)

The legendary GREENBEARD..

#8 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:13 AM

I first voted yes, but after rethinking I voted no, cause this is too complicated and there are more important things.

text.png

#9 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:14 AM

I think I might be mistaken what you mean by "switch". Do you mean switch as in the automatic balance function, or a new feature where a player can manually and purposely switch teams? If it is the latter, this feature could work, although realistically not too many would use it since they would want the best chance to win. But otherwise, this would be a really cool and helpful new thing :)

Currently auto balance switch first one who press spawn to the the team that lacks 2 players.
So we need New Automatic balance function

I don't think developers would accepted manual team switch.

The most thing I hate about playing TankTastic is the current Auto balance

I first voted yes, but after rethinking I voted no, cause this is too complicated and there are more important things.

This isn't Top priority ;)

Edited by basmal121, 23 December 2016 - 04:15 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#10 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

I can't vote because I own a older iOS device and I can't play the update!

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#11 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

I can't vote because I own a older iOS device and I can't play the update!

That has nothing to do with the new update good sir.

#12 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

That has nothing to do with the new update good sir.

yes it does this feature they are mentioning is in 2.0 I can't play 2.0 because I use an older iOS device!

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#13 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

yes it does this feature they are mentioning is in 2.0 I can't play 2.0 because I use an older iOS device!

Again, it has nothing to do with 2.0. it's just a suggestion about team balancing, nothing more than that. What you've said is not relevant with the OP.

If someone is talking about Chickens, you can't just randomly talk about dogs just because the chicken is an animal.

#14 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2626 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

The auto balance in the update is same as in 1.22A.

Spoiler

29dekvt.jpg

#15 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:51 PM

The auto balance in the update is same as in 1.22A.

Spoiler

What I'm saying is I have no right to vote because 2.0 isn't available for older iOS devices. Ok I'm just pointing out that since I don't know what 2.0 feels like I can't vote because I don't have 2.0 because I can't get it BECAUSE it dosent work for older iOS devices

Edited by Bomber jacket, 23 December 2016 - 09:52 PM.

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#16 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

What I'm saying is I have no right to vote because 2.0 isn't available for older iOS devices. Ok I'm just pointing out that since I don't know what 2.0 feels like I can't vote because I don't have 2.0 because I can't get it BECAUSE it dosent work for older iOS devices

No one asked you though.
It's 100% off-topic.

#17 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

No one asked you though.It's 100% off-topic.

I don't think you understand what way I was aproching it

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#18 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

I don't think you understand what way I was aproching it

No one needs to, because it's random and off-topic.

#19 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

No one needs to, because it's random and off-topic.

*facepalm* you are being extreemly redundant.

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#20 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:20 PM

*facepalm* you are being extreemly redundant.

Says the guy posting random off-tolic replies + still continues arguing about it. Smh

Edited by randy12345, 25 December 2016 - 11:20 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}