45 replies to this topic

#1 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

The 2.0 update is truly awesome, it has brought a lot more fun, a lot more tanks and of course a lot more players. But I think a lot of old players find it difficult to play top tier battles, here are some things I need to point out.

1. After 2.0 update, the armor is completely useless. Shoot any tank's lower glacis or turret cheeks with APDS (C1 Ariete maybe a nice exception) will cause -300 average alpha damage.

2. Artilleries are almost useless, the HE shells are no longer effective and the artillery mode makes them even less effective. They have horrific camouflage means they are very visible. They have absolutely no armor, any top tier tanks can wipe you out with 1-2 HEAT shells. Artilleries have become liabilities in the team.

3. Arjun and C1 Ariete are obviously overpowered. Arjun has got so many hit points, high alpha damage and an average rate of fire, most enemies are just not able to get through its hit points before they die, it's boxy turret is somehow bouncy, it can bounce some APDS shells. C1 has low armor so APDS is not effective against it, it also eats a lot of HEAT shells thanks to the spaced armor, the gun is one of the hardest-hitting guns in the game, it's gun puts out even more damage than the guns on Abrams, Arjun, Type 99 and Merkava.

4. Terrible shell velocity on both HE and HEAT shells, can even miss at close range.

5. Certain tanks have the ability to fire Anti-tank Missiles (ATMs) can fire ATMs on the move, players don't have cover will get spammed by ATMs from multiple enemy tanks.

Hopefully, the developers will work on rebalancing certain tanks and making artilleries more useful so the top tier battles will be more playable.

• hitman69, raypanzer and Edelstahl99 like this

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[VIPR] Deadly Vipers Clan 

#2 hitman69

hitman69

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2259 posts
  • HomeSomewhere behind hundred mountains and hundred sea.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Well said.
  • JBDD likes this
[CRO] Crossfire

#3 sniper_101

sniper_101

Warrant Officer

• In-game Moderator
  • 112 posts
  • HomeEarth

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

True, may take some time to adjust to the game.

#4 Boom52

Boom52

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • HomeNew York, New York

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

So very true I thought I was the only one feeling that way

#5 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

If there are some rebalancing issues that need to be fixed, please go to the Tanktastic 2.0 Rebalancing Ideas topic to report this. Unfortunately I have not been able to even play the game at all as I have no device to do so, but I will try my best to get these statistics rebalanced.

It is especially a shame as well, as now I cannot play in what must apparently be 2.0's new "unbalanced tank", my good ol' Arjun  -_-

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#6 Rth1131999

Rth1131999

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

1. After 2.0 update, the armor is completely useless. Shoot any tank's lower glacis or turret cheeks with APDS (C1 Ariete maybe a nice exception) will cause -300 average alpha damage.

... I'm pretty sure armor was already pretty useless, even in 1.22. The only armor that really mattered was spaced armor upgrades to nullify HEAT rounds, and that's about it. Otherwise, 95% of the time, the round would/will go through regardless of the armor in the selected area. The 'armor' isn't even really armor, it's just a bunch of values put together, and you can't nullify a round simply because you have X armor amount on a selected area. The best it will usually do is reduce the damaged caused by the round, and at worst do absolutely nothing. Health(in general) and spaced armor upgrades were/are the best defense, quite frankly. That, and speed. There really isn't any 'incentive' to get the usual armor upgrades if everything just goes through anyway. Under the system being used, you'd need a ludicrous amount to have any reasonable chance to bounce rounds, if the game even can do that. A Pershing can penetrate a M1 Abrams as easily as a T-90 can, if a bit more bouncy with the Pershing(which, in any other game, or even in this game unless in a custom match, would never be faced against each other because a Pershing stands no chance against an Abrams, in any way, fashion or form. A Pershing would never be able to penetrate the Abrams unless it hit an optical port or similar weakspot, and yet in TT it has a 50/50 chance of going through pretty much any place on the front, including turret, which makes no sense in the slightest.)

#7 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

Gentlemen, please, I kindly remind you to create such Topics in the appropriate subsection of the Tanktastic English Forum, i.e. "Updates Feedback and Patch Notes"; as clearly stated in the administrative guidelines concerning the Tanktastic English Forum's structure set in this Topic.

Topic moved.

Thanks for your invaluable feedback and Best Regards;

Altank

• Tank Ben likes this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

~Ignorantia Legis non excusat~

~Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.~

#8 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

That's modern tanks for you bud. Armor Is nonexistent because they can penetrate each other with ease. This isn't WW2 where tanks could barely scratch its opponent's paint. Were talking about Main Battle Tanks, carrying 120/125mm of justice.

I truly have no problem with HEAT and HE shells being slow, as it encourages people to aim, tactically switch between shells depending on the situation, and/or encourage the player to switch shells instead of using one shell (which is HEAT, most notoriously known for their high alpha damage and high chance of low role damage/bouncing/repelling).

Arjun is balanced to a certain degree. Listen, all level 60+ tanks have gotten a damage buff. What does that mean? This means that the usual 500 damage you used to do when using the Abrams, turns into butt whooping 1k damage if you hit the tank on the rear. In order o compensate the tank's bad armor, the devs needed to increase the health, as most level 60+ vehicles can take it out with 1 well scored hit using HE shells.

ATGM spam has significantly increased on this update. Seems extremely awkward seeing yourself getting rent on a Merkava by a T-72.
I recommend the devs to, in order to fire an ATGM, the tank must be fully stopped. Hate seeing MLG players no scope me while fireing ATGM at midair.

Artilleries are now doing their main role, which is giving your team support fire. You're an SPG, they aren't made to engage on 1v1 confrontations, you're designed to give suppressive fire, get the enemy as damaged as you can so your teamates can kill it easier. The devs need to remove that ring you get around the Artillery, it's quite irritating, specially when there's target which are on range of fire, but the circle blocks you from shooting, leading to your death.

Edited by randy12345, 11 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

• Edelstahl99 likes this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#9 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

i think you also forgot how OP the t72 is aswell. and al khalid too.... why did they make the less good tanks(irl) OP and the actual good tanks normal or below normal....
git gud noob

#10 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:31 AM

The balancing is changed probably since they added APCs and LAVs which are really weak and need to stand a chance against MBTs.

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

Member of TECREAT

#11 JBDD

JBDD

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

i think you also forgot how OP the t72 is aswell. and al khalid too.... why did they make the less good tanks(irl) OP and the actual good tanks normal or below normal....

TR-85M1 is the most ridiculous tank...

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[VIPR] Deadly Vipers Clan 

#12 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:16 AM

TR-85M1 is the most ridiculous tank...

2 shots abrams lol
git gud noob

#13 khan

khan

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • HomeEARTH

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

lol what do you think .MBT. word stand for..
post-3240-0-65058200-1472822340.png

🌷💲👑UNIT👑💲🌷

#14 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

lol what do you think .MBT. word stand for..

hmmmmm? abrams , amx56,t90 and leo2 are alot better than al khalid and arjun irl. why even try to compare. all of them are mbts but even between mbts theres a difference.
MBT:main battle tanks*
git gud noob

#15 Bomber jacket

Bomber jacket

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • HomeKekistan

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

Fixes will probably result in 2.1

Lazar Beam @ Youtube

#16 Snake999

Snake999

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • HomeTaiz - yemen

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

true ! 

1472252995542.png

#17 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Fixes will probably result in 2.1

2.1 will probably be out between January and February.

Its too early to talk about updates.

Edited by randy12345, 12 December 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#18 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

2.1 will probably be out between January and February.
Its too early to talk about updates.

It's never early to talk about updates

29dekvt.jpg

#19 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

It's never early to talk about updates

Update came out 2 weeks ago, how's that not early.

The devs need some rest.

#20 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3286 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

Update came out 2 weeks ago, how's that not early.

The devs need some rest.

I do not think the developers know what resting is. :P

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}