40 replies to this topic

#21 DANGNUGGET

DANGNUGGET

Lance Corporal

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • HomeArizona, United States

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

system RAM is different from system space. Space is the amount of stuff you can put on a device RAM is how much the device can handle before it crashes an app or crashes completely.

Oh ok, thanks I'll check on that.

#22 Rth1131999

Rth1131999

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Well, tried to start it up on my iPad mini 1st generation, and it crashes on the second loading screen(If you can even count the 'GHOR CORPERATION' thing as a loading screen)... I hope the problem gets fixed soon, because I was very much looking forward to playing this. Surprisingly, I don't find this to be uncommon. Every game I've like to play, after they've reached a certain point, won't even start, and the iPad mini 1st generation isn't even all that old. Still annoying, regardless.

#23 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

Well, tried to start it up on my iPad mini 1st generation, and it crashes on the second loading screen(If you can even count the 'GHOR CORPERATION' thing as a loading screen)... I hope the problem gets fixed soon, because I was very much looking forward to playing this. Surprisingly, I don't find this to be uncommon. Every game I've like to play, after they've reached a certain point, won't even start, and the iPad mini 1st generation isn't even all that old. Still annoying, regardless.

It's like asking, "Can my computer using 2003 hardware run Arma 3?".

Dude, its obvious that thing won't run Tanktastic, the specs are extremely low (when we talk about today's game standards). I think its time to upgrade.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#24 Rth1131999

Rth1131999

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

"Can my computer using 2003 hardware run Arma 3?"

I'd like to point out that 2003 hardware can't even operate windows 7, 8, or 10, sooooooo....... You couldn't even get Arma 3, and probably have trouble finding the home page. That is an extremely bad comparison, as that isn't within the same ballpark as the more accurate comparison, a generically decent PC laptop(not gaming) trying to run Arma 3. It will do it, but not as well as you'd like. But having a game physically not run ever, not even get past start up is unheard of on PC's in general, as hardware restrictions will come down as a roadblock first before it ever, ever happens.

Dude, its obvious that thing won't run Tanktastic, the specs are extremely low (when we talk about today's game standards). I think its time to upgrade.

Shrug. I could upgrade, but then I wouldn't be able to get a new computer... IMAO I'll take a better computer over a better iDevice, for the reason that a iPad mini 1st gen is much much much more up to date with iOS standards than whatever laptop PC I have right now. The iPad mini 1st gen is plenty good for the standards of iOS, and most applications. The only apps I've had a lot of problem with them(as in not starting ever instead of allowing me to run it for short-mid periods before crashing, which is what usually happens with the RAM intensive games.), is this now, one I found a few days ago which gave a very specific warning on that for no reason, and... Warship Battle, when that updated to 2.0. By the gaming standards of iOS, the iPad mini 1st generation is pretty good, and is much better than terrible as you are trying to discribe it as. Game standards of iOS are not all that high, we aren't talking gaming PC's which go 'out of date' within about 2 years, iOS devices last for long durations of time. If something doesn't work on older iOS devices, it's usually due to either age of hardware and stuff, or poor optimization on the game itself. iPad mini 1st gen isn't up to snuff, but I can count the number of games and apps that will physically never run on my device or run extremely low performance on my hands, which is much better than I can say for my laptop, which struggles to run anything more complicated than [EDITED], and it struggles even with that, on low settings.

Edited by dragontanker, 14 December 2016 - 05:39 PM.

#25 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

I'd like to point out that 2003 hardware can't even operate windows 7, 8, or 10, sooooooo....... You couldn't even get Arma 3, and probably have trouble finding the home page. That is an extremely bad comparison, as that isn't within the same ballpark as the more accurate comparison, a generically decent PC laptop(not gaming) trying to run Arma 3. It will do it, but not as well as you'd like. But having a game physically not run ever, not even get past start up is unheard of on PC's in general, as hardware restrictions will come down as a roadblock first before it ever, ever happens.

Shrug. I could upgrade, but then I wouldn't be able to get a new computer... IMAO I'll take a better computer over a better iDevice, for the reason that a iPad mini 1st gen is much much much more up to date with iOS standards than whatever laptop PC I have right now. The iPad mini 1st gen is plenty good for the standards of iOS, and most applications. The only apps I've had a lot of problem with them(as in not starting ever instead of allowing me to run it for short-mid periods before crashing, which is what usually happens with the RAM intensive games.), is this now, one I found a few days ago which gave a very specific warning on that for no reason, and... Warship Battle, when that updated to 2.0. By the gaming standards of iOS, the iPad mini 1st generation is pretty good, and is much better than terrible as you are trying to discribe it as. Game standards of iOS are not all that high, we aren't talking gaming PC's which go 'out of date' within about 2 years, iOS devices last for long durations of time. If something doesn't work on older iOS devices, it's usually due to either age of hardware and stuff, or poor optimization on the game itself. iPad mini 1st gen isn't up to snuff, but I can count the number of games and apps that will physically never run on my device or run extremely low performance on my hands, which is much better than I can say for my laptop, which struggles to run anything more complicated than [EDITED], and it struggles even with that, on low settings.

Did you really had to type a whole soup just to say that? It's quite hard reading through all that when you don't make paragraphs every time you begin talking about a new subject you want to discuss.

Also, have you ever heard about examples? Yeah, those aren't meant to be used literal.

#26 DANGNUGGET

DANGNUGGET

Lance Corporal

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • HomeArizona, United States

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Did you really had to type a whole soup just to say that? It's quite hard reading through all that when you don't make paragraphs every time you begin talking about a new subject you want to discuss.
Also, have you ever heard about examples? Yeah, those aren't meant to be used literal.

That iPad mini shouldn't have many problems running it, this shouldn't really be an argument either. Tanktastic has never been really great on iOS, and it doesn't surprise me that it won't work for me or you. Hopefully the developers are working to fix this.

#27 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

That iPad mini shouldn't have many problems running it, this shouldn't really be an argument either. Tanktastic has never been really great on iOS, and it doesn't surprise me that it won't work for me or you. Hopefully the developers are working to fix this.

You're telling me a device from 2012 will handle a game using a 2016 game engine? It's literally running on a A5 chip, that's the same one used on the IPhone 4s for crying out loud! Hell, my iPhone 5S has an A7 chip and it still struggles to run Tanktastic at mid-settings. The devs can't change anything, if your device can't meet up with the game requirements, then deal with it. The devs can't magically increase your device specs so it can run Tanktastic, that's absurd. You either upgrade, or find an alternative.

#28 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

You're telling me a device from 2012 will handle a game using a 2016 game engine? It's literally running on a A5 chip, that's the same one used on the IPhone 4s for crying out loud! Hell, my iPhone 5S has an A7 chip and it still struggles to run Tanktastic at mid-settings. The devs can't change anything, if your device can't meet up with the game requirements, then deal with it. The devs can't magically increase your device specs so it can run Tanktastic, that's absurd. You either upgrade, or find an alternative.

It's about the RAM not Processer. TankTastic only uses 10% of CPU and 700 MB of RAM. which leaves only 50 MB free memory

29dekvt.jpg

#29 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

It's about the RAM not Processer. TankTastic only uses 10% of CPU and 700 MB of RAM. which leaves only 50 MB free memory

You do know without processing power you can't run a game right? RAM is only the amount of space you have to run an app. There is no reason why I should bring up RAM storage because it's quite unnecessary when the device literally has 512mb of RAM.

Weak Processor=Low FPS/Unplayable/high chance of crashing

Small RAM storage=Unable to open the game at all.

Edited by randy12345, 14 December 2016 - 09:57 PM.

• Error 403 likes this

#30 Rth1131999

Rth1131999

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

True. I can run even the more intensive games on my iPad mini, with no problem what so ever(Even SP, which is very CPU intensive more than anything, I can easily run it on high, with medium/low when running with large builds(always keep physics on high, though...).), but once the RAM fills up, doesn't matter the game, it's going to crash, which is the most problem my iPad mini has, a low RAM storage. Everything else is fine, minus storage space, which I wish I had more of on it(16GB is pretty low in terms of storage, I constantly have to manage it to switch to one game or another.). But other than that, all the games on iOS don't even really put a dent in the processing power... May not be able to run everything at max, but it's not that bad, IMAO.

#31 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:34 AM

You do know without processing power you can't run a game right? RAM is only the amount of space you have to run an app. There is no reason why I should bring up RAM storage because it's quite unnecessary when the device literally has 512mb of RAM.
Weak Processor=Low FPS/Unplayable/high chance of crashing
Small RAM storage=Unable to open the game at all.

Small RAM storage=Game crashes as soon as run out of RAM.
Playing the "other game" on my previous device. I could only play one battle with 40 FPS. On second battle it crashes. Worth noting my storage were 70% full

Edited by basmal121, 15 December 2016 - 06:34 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#32 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

Playing the "other game" on my previous device. I could only play one battle with 40 FPS. On second battle it crashes. Worth noting my storage were 70% full

RAM and storage are two different types of storage....

#33 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

RAM and storage are two different types of storage....

By "storage" I mean memory storage. So many games were installed..

Edited by basmal121, 15 December 2016 - 07:25 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#34 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

By "storage" I mean memory storage

How did you go from RAM to memory storage....

#35 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

How did you go from RAM to memory storage....

44.8 GB. Of 64 GB.
It really effects the performance

Edited by basmal121, 15 December 2016 - 09:22 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#36 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

.....:facepalm:

#37 s3viking

s3viking

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:25 AM

This wouldnt happen with Ford lol but on a serious note its time for me to upgrade my ipod5 is there an ipod6 out? I never keep up with apple

#38 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

This wouldnt happen with Ford lol but on a serious note its time for me to upgrade my ipod5 is there an ipod6 out? I never keep up with apple

iPod 6th generation was released.. for FEW weeks then it's gone magically and nobody talks about it.. maybe a failure..

29dekvt.jpg

#39 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

I would buy an iPad than an iPod if I were you....

#40 s3viking

s3viking

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Ok i'll buy an ipad and a Ford

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drestdave, problems, ios

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}