Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[SPG] G6-52 Rhino

SPG South Africa

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: [SPG] G6-52 Rhino (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should be added to TankTastic ?

1. Yes (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Select the perfect level

1. 56~46 (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. 45~35 or lower (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

Denel_G6-45_Ysterplatt_Airshow_2006.jpg
G6-52 is a South African artillery piece, It is a further development of the combat proven G6 Rhino to meet demands of modern warfare. This new artillery system has increased firing range and increased rate of fire.
G6_Denel_400.jpg
Features:
- can fire projectile up to 67 km at a rate of fire of eight rounds/minute;
- increased off-road speeds to nearly 70 km/h;
- implemented multiple rounds simultaneous impact (MRSI) technology and can land six (G6-52L variant) or five (G6-52) rounds simultaneously at targets up to 25 km away
rao.jpg
Armament:
The G6-52 is fitted with a long 155-mm /L52 howitzer comparing with its predecessor. It is also fitted with a fully-automatic ammunition loading and handling system. The G6-52 was originally developed with 23 and 25 liter chambers, This artillery system comes with a modular charge system and is compatible with a Denel developed V-LAP rocket assisted projectiles, as well as standard NATO 155-mm ammunition. The G6-52 has a range of 58 km with V-LAP projectile. When firing a high-explosive extended-range full bore projectile maximum range is 33 km. The G6-52 is capable of multiple round simultaneous impact firing. It can fire 5 rounds at 25 km range to hit target simultaneously.
Gulf_-countries_-turn_-towards_-wheeled_
Variant:
G6-52L Extended Range, fitted with 25 liter chamber. The G6-52 Extended Range has a maximum range of 67 km with a V-LAP projectile. This artillery system can launch a maximum of 6 rounds in MRSI mode.

Click here for High-quality full 3D view

Edited by basmal121, 30 October 2016 - 03:39 AM.

• Iluvtanks likes this

29dekvt.jpg

#2 TheEncryptor

TheEncryptor

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • HomeSomewhere in California.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

I have to say... that thing is cool looking. Although it wouldn't have very much armor, it would still be a beast. 

</TheEncryptor> Leader of [STAT] First Responders

STAT's motto: "Mess with one of us, you get all of us."

#3 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

I have to say... that thing is cool looking. Although it wouldn't have very much armor, it would still be a beast.

Tell me about the Type 60 that slaughtered the merkava

29dekvt.jpg

#4 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

This thing would be so OP....

Bow down to my dank memes.

#5 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3928 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

This would be so godly lol I want it
  • Smigstank likes this
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#6 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

The problem with this is that the developers never seem to add vehicles from countries that don't have at least one medium or MBT already. The countries that only have one vehicle in their tree? MBT. Italy has the Ariete, India has the Arjun, Israel's first vehicle was the Merkava, Romania has the Bizonul, Ukraine has the Oplot (although it is getting the BTR-4), Iran has the Zulfiqar, Pakistan will have the Al Khalid, and Poland will have the Concept. I think the only exception to this is Sweden, whose first vehicle is classified as a tank destroyer (the Ikv 91). If you were playing the game back in a time long, long ago, the first vehicles for every country was an MBT.

Does this make sense? Well, in a way the answer is yes. Artillery, IFVs, and all of those vehicles that are not really tanks are... not really tanks. I guess the developers are keeping TANKtastic up to its real name.

This vehicle would be great to see in the game, but the main issue about adding it is convincing GHOR that nations can have tech trees that don't have any MBTs within them.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#7 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:29 PM

The problem with this is that the developers never seem to add vehicles from countries that don't have at least one medium or MBT already. The countries that only have one vehicle in their tree? MBT. Italy has the Ariete, India has the Arjun, Israel's first vehicle was the Merkava, Romania has the Bizonul, Ukraine has the Oplot (although it is getting the BTR-4), Iran has the Zulfiqar, Pakistan will have the Al Khalid, and Poland will have the Concept. I think the only exception to this is Sweden, whose first vehicle is classified as a tank destroyer (the Ikv 91). If you were playing the game back in a time long, long ago, the first vehicles for every country was an MBT.

Does this make sense? Well, in a way the answer is yes. Artillery, IFVs, and all of those vehicles that are not really tanks are... not really tanks. I guess the developers are keeping TANKtastic up to its real name.

This vehicle would be great to see in the game, but the main issue about adding it is convincing GHOR that nations can have tech trees that don't have any MBTs within them.

that means GHOR should add:

EE-T2 Osorio (Brazil)
M-95 (Croatia)
MTB Revolution (Germany)
Sebalan (Iran)
T-55 Enigma (Iraq)
M-60 Phoenix (Jordan)
M2002 (North Korea)
PT-91 (Poland)
TM-800 (Romania)
T-72M2 Modern (Slovakia)
Olifant Mk 2 (South Africa)
Lince (Spain)
RUAG Leopard 2 (Switzerland) Why not?
Atlay (Turkey)
BTMP-84 ((Poland)

#8 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

Ok. How about a change? And why not?

Edited by basmal121, 27 October 2016 - 07:38 PM.

29dekvt.jpg

#9 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

Ok. How about a change? And why not?

He clearly explained why :|

#10 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

He clearly explained why :|

Still can be changed

29dekvt.jpg

#11 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

Still can be changed

He isn't a dev to do so :|

#12 TheEncryptor

TheEncryptor

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • HomeSomewhere in California.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:34 AM

Tell me about the Type 60 that slaughtered the merkava

That was me X)

Merks can be oblivious sometimes. And it doesn't help that they have a fat butt made out of paper.

</TheEncryptor> Leader of [STAT] First Responders

STAT's motto: "Mess with one of us, you get all of us."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPG, South Africa

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}