Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

[Tanktastic v2.0] Rebalancing ideas (Permissions Fixed)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

I have finished creating all of the new tech trees, with more logical "branching" I guess you could say. If you have any questions or thoughts on anything please feel free to tell on this topic.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#62 blackgale

blackgale

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeIndia

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

I'll add "small" to the front of that, it's meant to be a small consolation for a max level increase from 60 to 62 (it's a bit too overpowered when top tier at 60). And also thanks :)

The Oplot has a low DPM to counteract for its both good armor and health pool (which is somewhat rare), amazing agility, and great penetration values on the gun itself. Its current damage is justified where to currently is, but that may change when we test it out in the beta so there's still a bit of hope for it being buffed.

Every single artillery or MLRS has had its health pool nerfed by at least 50%. This is because neither of these vehicles actually go onto the battlefield (since they fire from a distance), and they can easily "shotgun" attacking enemies dealing some massive damage at such little range. But, since artillery and MLRSs have taken such a substantial health nerf and will only be able to accurately fire at enemies with the brand new bird's eye view (which I am very looking forward to) I have also buffed the damage of most of them in order to compensate for this. This should cause these vehicles to be more balanced in the game and not misused as any other tank unit. Missile-armed tank destroyers have also taken a 25% nerf in health as well, for essentially the same reason.

Think for small maps, for Artilleries, they need to nerf accuracy, not health.. like that dotted eclipse slowly adjusting the accuracy even after reload.

Black Gale ( Faiz Sayyed )

#63 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

Think for small maps, for Artilleries, they need to nerf accuracy, not health.. like that dotted eclipse slowly adjusting the accuracy even after reload.

There is no need to worry about that anymore, as artillery has been restricted from joining small maps.

AFRIKA KORPS

#64 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

Artillery barely makes damage. The only good artillery may be the low level American Spg and the M109.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#65 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

Artillery barely makes damage. The only good artillery may be the low level American Spg and the M109.

I have buffed the damage of all the artillery/MLRS to compensate for the big health nerf.

AFRIKA KORPS

#66 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

I have buffed the damage of all the artillery/MLRS to compensate for the big health nerf.

Not really, K9 makes 80-110 damage per shot. MSTA makes 100 damage per shot. M109 makes 220-330 damage per shot.

Edited by randy12345, 19 September 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#67 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

Not really, K9 makes 80-110 damage per shot. MSTA makes 100 damage per shot. M109 makes 220-330 damage per shot.

That seems fairly balanced, I would agree just a bit underpowered for all three of them, but my buff in damage for all of them should fix that. The M109 deals more damage per shot as it reloads much slower than the other two: 3.1 seconds vs 2.1 seconds (Msta-S) and 2 seconds with a 6 second clip reload (K9).

AFRIKA KORPS

#68 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

They should have some sort of M109 type of alpha damage. They won't be able to do nothing and basically no one will be interested on playing artillery as 1. You get no kills. 2. You deal crap damage. The point? Waste time.(except 109, truly worth it).

#69 Red Faction

Red Faction

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

They should have some sort of M109 type of alpha damage. They won't be able to do nothing and basically no one will be interested on playing artillery as 1. You get no kills. 2. You deal crap damage. The point? Waste time.(except 109, truly worth it).

yea becus it takes 7 seconds for the shell to hit the enemy
while the enemy is far away

#70 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

yea becus it takes 7 seconds for the shell to hit the enemy
while the enemy is far away

That's why I am saying I like the M109, it works as good as it should.

#71 Sharks0606

Sharks0606

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • HomeThe undiscovered 99% of the ocean

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

How does the new health box/ repair kit work now
United as one or crumble as many

#72 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3271 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:35 AM

How does the new health box/ repair kit work now

They have changed the icon of the medic box with a repair tool and it gives you health little by little. post-5310-0-74795500-1474393778.png

Check from 7:20 in this video:

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#73 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

Since the update is announced to release tomorrow for Android users, I will bump this topic for the when the occasion arrives that players have proposals for potential tank rebalances.

It feels great to finally say this after nearly two long years of wait, let's see what they have in store for us  :D

• Error 403 likes this

AFRIKA KORPS

#74 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

I just finished creating a level range chart for all the vehicles, from their stock to max level. However, this is currently with 1.22 statistics as I am still working on changing everything to 2.0 standards.

AFRIKA KORPS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}