Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

[Tanktastic v2.0] Rebalancing ideas (Permissions Fixed)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:13 PM

You are right, it is a part of them game that artillery fire from long distances. That's what we are all hoping for here though, isn't it? We actually WANT the artillery to stay behind and camp, because that's what artillery is supposed to do. Nerfing the health pool is the most proper method of discouraging artillery/MLRS players from just going out in the middle of the battlefield and simply spamming high explosive. With the combination of this and the replacement of artillery's gunner's view with a bird's eye view, I can almost guarantee you that this huge problem in the game will be near completely gone with these effects put into place.

If you add together the Oplot's health pool and armor value in order to get its "survivability total", it is actually pretty high and totals to over 1700. Also remember, we are trying to make the tanks' statistics balanced with one another and not so impressive that they are near overpowered.

The T-90 is a very solid tank, but look at what the Oplot has that the T-90 doesn't: amazing agility (though the T-90's is still respectable), very high speed (7 kph better), some amazing reverse speed (actual reverse speed at all, since the T-90's is laughable), much faster turret rotation speed (16 degrees/second faster), and still a good health pool when considering its great armor (the T-90 has awesome armor, but its health pool is definitely lacking.)

Buffing its damage to 450 would not give it an impressive DPM, but it would still make the BM Oplot overpowered as that is its main weakness besides the almost nonexistent gun depression and huge cupola weakspots. It would basically make it a very fast and agile T-90 with a little less armor, which definitely sounds overpowered when just thinking about it.

You have surely reson for the artys. Good text.
The Oplot is a rarely tank in the fight. I'm sure it need a buff.
«Before all things do you want to do, believe in yourself.»

#22 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

You have surely reson for the artys. Good text.
The Oplot is a rarely tank in the fight. I'm sure it need a buff.

Thanks for understanding, it's good to discuss about any of this so we are all on the same level here.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#23 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

If you want tanks to get a buff, then why would the devs do that if they use the tank's real stats, it's better to keep the game more realistic

Edited by DeathMachine17, 27 August 2016 - 04:44 PM.

YOU WILL BE DIE

#24 billybob-45

billybob-45

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • HomeDeposit NY, USA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

If you want tanks to get a buff, then why would the devs d that if they use the tank's real stats, it's better to keep the game more realistic

the devs want to keep it as close to as being realistic without going too overboard

You can either join me or die at the hands of the enemy, your choice~unknown

#25 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

the devs want to keep it as close to as being realistic without going too overboard

Then, what's the point of changing the tank's stats if the devs want them to be the real stats, if anyon doesn't like the tank then they just shouldn't play with it. Just in my opinion, tanks shouldn't get stronger or weaker
YOU WILL BE DIE

#26 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2643 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Then, what's the point of changing the tank's stats if the devs want them to be the real stats, if anyon doesn't like the tank then they just shouldn't play with it. Just in my opinion, tanks shouldn't get stronger or weaker

Current stats are incorrect with real life

29dekvt.jpg

#27 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

The only things that are kept completely realistic is the ammo compatibility with various tanks, gun depression/elevation, agility, and a couple more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Health pools are completely decided based on balance, and even armor is only realistic to a small extent. We couldn't know the actual reload of tanks in the game that don't have an autoloader, because that usually depends on the loader of the tank itself. The developers try to make the tanks as realistic as they can, but that is still not THAT realistic that we would have to go by the "don't like it, don't play it" logic. If we went by that, tanks that are overpowered will be the only vehicles seen in matches and underpowered vehicles would be near impossible to encounter anymore. The developers are constricting the realism to a limit, as this is an arcade game with realistic elements, and not vice versa. It is great to have realism in the game, but the game still needs both balance and fun as well.

• Iluvtanks likes this

AFRIKA KORPS

#28 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

Will there be trees in da v2.0 cuz if there is, i will never play CTF matches ever again...

YOU WILL BE DIE

#29 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:05 AM

Will there be trees in da v2.0 cuz if there is, i will never play CTF matches ever again...

Tree's no longer slow you down in v2.0.

#30 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

Tree's no longer slow you down in v2.0.

👏👏

Edited by DeathMachine17, 28 August 2016 - 05:59 AM.

YOU WILL BE DIE

#31 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

And in 2.0 we better be able to shoot things that are behind penetrable.cover like walls and trees. Those stuff almost dont affect a tank shot
git gud noob

#32 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

And in 2.0 we better be able to shoot things that are behind penetrable.cover like walls and trees. Those stuff almost dont affect a tank shot

That's what HE is for
YOU WILL BE DIE

#33 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

That's what HE is for

No matter the shell
git gud noob

#34 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

That's what HE is for

That's exactly what HE is not for, lol

Speaking of tech trees, I'll will very likely have to make a tech tree of every vehicle as well. As we are currently seeing the tech trees in the game, many of them only go in the order of the vehicles as they already are in the game. Going from a Leopard 1 to a Marder 1 to a Leopard 2 makes no sense. Players will not like this either because it now takes longer to advance through tech trees and more money is required to be spent on all these various vehicles. This really needs to get fixed before they release the final version.

AFRIKA KORPS

#35 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

HE wasn't made for that, but you can use HE to shoot people from behind walls and damage them

Edited by DeathMachine17, 28 August 2016 - 10:44 AM.

YOU WILL BE DIE

#36 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

HE wasn't made for that, but you can use HE to shoot people from behind walls and damage them

I'm afraid to say that it won't be happening anymore starting with 2.0, HE shells have been made much more realistic and its splash radius has been drastically nerfed.

AFRIKA KORPS

#37 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Although many statistics of the new tanks are very subject to change, there are quite a few new tanks on there that need some stat modifications. I will be placing these new rebalanced stats on the spreadsheet, and if you guys have your own ideas for stat rebalances please say so on this topic. Just remember to go by the guidelines.Thanks for helping out :)

AFRIKA KORPS

#38 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Maus has no upgrades.........

Bow down to my dank memes.

#39 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

Maus has no upgrades.........

The fact that the tank is available for purchase on the tech trees normally is kind of stupid in my honest opinion. Do they honestly want several houses to be driving throughout rooms as if they were normal tanks? This is exactly like the Object 279, and look at that thing. If you look back at the tech tree, the Maus has 194 health. A tank that is several times larger than a Pershing will have the same health pool as it. This attempt at balancing this machine like a normal vehicle will prove to be useless, I just know it.

Speaking of health pools, look at all these artillery health pools that need to be nerfed...

AFRIKA KORPS

#40 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:35 PM

The fact that the tank is available for purchase on the tech trees normally is kind of stupid in my honest opinion. Do they honestly want several houses to be driving throughout rooms as if they were normal tanks? This is exactly like the Object 279, and look at that thing. If you look back at the tech tree, the Maus has 194 health. A tank that is several times larger than a Pershing will have the same health pool as it. This attempt at balancing this machine like a normal vehicle will prove to be useless, I just know it.

Speaking of health pools, look at all these artillery health pools that need to be nerfed...

Ik, I realized that, but not only that, if you try upgrading your tank, it forces you to pay 20+ extra gold because I don't have "Upgrade points". What in the world GHOR is thinking? They charge for storage space and now charge gold to upgrade your tank?

And yes, I agree with you, some tank models and stats seriously absorb.

Bow down to my dank memes.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}