Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

[Tanktastic v2.0] Rebalancing ideas (Permissions Fixed)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Community Contest Coordinator

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1861 posts
  • HomeWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

PicsArt_08-26-12.39.42.jpg

Here is the full list of all tanks currently in the game (except the Stryker and WWII tanks) with their new "rebalanced" statistics created by Unknown. Each and every single tank in the game has been taken into account when rebalancing all of the tanks in the game, and almost all of them have at least a slight modification in their statistics. I encourage you guys to observe these stats and make your opinions and own ideas, so that we can get every tank balanced in the game. The chart has been created with Google spreadsheets and has been published for you guys to see it of course. This is not just any normal topic either, it is to be very serious and almost official in a sense. Like Unknown has said said before, if ideas are to be posted they need to go by the following guidelines:

1. Ideas need to be realistic, an example of an unrealistic proposal: "In order to balance the Type 10's high DPM, its health should be nerfed even further to around 400."
  2. Ideas are to be unbiased, an example of what is biased: "The T-62's reload speed should be buffed to 2.4 seconds, because Soviet vehicles load faster than that."
  3. Ideas need to be supported and be at least somewhat logical, an example of what is a bit illogical "The K2 Black Panther has low accuracy, so its speed should be buffed." They are allowed to still have not much correlation between what is being changed, but they still need to be supported. Reasons have not been added into the spreadsheet because there would be too much too look at on there, but if you are wondering the reason for a certain stat change feel free to ask.
  4. When making ideas, remember to take into account basically everything about the vehicle (possibly also including some things about the tanks that are true IRL). Example: the Black Eagle's DPM is rather low for a rapid-firing tank, but its balanced out due to the tank having amazing armor, great speed and agility, and a ultra-low profile. Ideas should be well thought out before posted.
  5. These ideas should be honest. No kidding around on here.

A new and updated DPM chart has also been created as well to show the tank stats in another perspective. Since the open beta is releasing next Monday, we will all have a chance to test the tanks with the new mechanics and possibly new stats, so any of the stats on here may change after doing some testing and taking the new mechanics into account (as well as taking into account your ideas). When we get every single tank on this chart balanced, hopefully it can be sent to one of the developers for all of them to see for themselves. It is greatly appreciated for all of you guys that help in completing this and making the tanks in the game as balanced as possible. Let's take advantage of this awesome privilege that the developers have gave us that is called the open beta, and help them in getting this update released.

Tank Rebalances

If you need a link to the current tank statistics in the game, here's a link to Digital Crow's Stat Database.

Humble regards;

Iluvtanks.

Any and all material in said files belongs to the sole creater; Unknown. Any distribution and/or copying of this material is strictly forbidden anywhere. If one does utilize this material without proper consent, action may or may not be taken.

• Unknown 4249 likes this

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity." - Unknown

#2 Fiutel_88

Fiutel_88

Lieutenant Colonel

• In-game Senior Moderator
  • 353 posts
  • HomeValhalla

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Heh.. that brings so much good memories :)
My armour is Contempt,My shield is Disgust,My sword is Hatred,In the Emperor's Name,Let none survive!

https://youtu.be/JjaYW5Cnr5k

#3 Train Heartnet

Train Heartnet

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • HomeBorn in Maryland. Raised..well, mainly in Maryland...and Delaware

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:53 AM

Mmmmmm, I'm loving those rebalances... But. Why the buff in acceleration for the Ariete? -_-

Edited by Train Heartnet, 27 August 2016 - 01:53 AM.

• PufPuf likes this
No need for revenge-Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you wil eventually screw up all by themselves - Unknown Author

TOMB - Unknown Soldiers

#4 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:22 AM

Rip K9 :( .... And why no buff the Oplot damages....
«Before all things do you want to do, believe in yourself.»

#5 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:27 AM

Lerc guna be bawss= OP :troll:

Edited by je4n10, 27 August 2016 - 03:31 AM.

git gud noob

#6 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • Others: Community Contributor
  • 3047 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

Lerc guna be bawss= OP :troll:

Nope.

u0KGBYG.gif

:: Tanktastic In-game Moderator ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#7 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:39 AM

Nope.

You wont succed in ruining my mood.
git gud noob

#8 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • 3047 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

You wont succed in ruining my mood.

That is not my goal either.

u0KGBYG.gif

#9 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

That is not my goal either.

Gitgudm8
git gud noob

#10 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

why does it have to come out on a Monday...

YOU WILL BE DIE

#11 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • 3047 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

why does it have to come out on a Monday...

It is best suited for the developers to release the open beta test at the beginning of a week than at the end.

u0KGBYG.gif

#12 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

It is best suited for the developers to release the open beta test at the beginning of a week than at the end.

if it was released on a saturday, more people would be on

YOU WILL BE DIE

#13 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:00 AM

Why nerf K9 ???? Please keep it :/
And why Nerf MRLS ? It's already a horrible tank at level 63, so i can't Think it at level 67 with 480 healt...
I Think the Oplot need a better gun, Irl it have a 125mm gun, And generally others tanks have 120mm. Why nerf it ? Already a bad gun... 450-500 damages should be correct i think.
I am afraid that with the update , the TOS- A1 will be too OP

#14 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4710 posts
  • HomeCali Baby

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Mmmmmm, I'm loving those rebalances... But. Why the buff in acceleration for the Ariete? -_-

I'll add "small" to the front of that, it's meant to be a small consolation for a max level increase from 60 to 62 (it's a bit too overpowered when top tier at 60). And also thanks :)

Rip K9 :( .... And why no buff the Oplot damages....

The Oplot has a low DPM to counteract for its both good armor and health pool (which is somewhat rare), amazing agility, and great penetration values on the gun itself. Its current damage is justified where to currently is, but that may change when we test it out in the beta so there's still a bit of hope for it being buffed.

Why nerf K9 ???? Please keep it :/
And why Nerf MRLS ? It's already a horrible tank at level 63, so i can't Think it at level 67 with 480 healt...
I Think the Oplot need a better gun, Irl it have a 125mm gun, And generally others tanks have 120mm. Why nerf it ? Already a bad gun... 450-500 damages should be correct i think.
I am afraid that with the update , the TOS- A1 will be too OP

Every single artillery or MLRS has had its health pool nerfed by at least 50%. This is because neither of these vehicles actually go onto the battlefield (since they fire from a distance), and they can easily "shotgun" attacking enemies dealing some massive damage at such little range. But, since artillery and MLRSs have taken such a substantial health nerf and will only be able to accurately fire at enemies with the brand new bird's eye view (which I am very looking forward to) I have also buffed the damage of most of them in order to compensate for this. This should cause these vehicles to be more balanced in the game and not misused as any other tank unit. Missile-armed tank destroyers have also taken a 25% nerf in health as well, for essentially the same reason.

Edited by Unknown 4249, 27 August 2016 - 10:53 AM.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#15 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

For me, it's a part of the game, that the artys fire on longs disctances. It you nerf his healt pool, the players who play artys Will only can camp, allo the game.

For the Oplot, his healt pool And his armor is not most OP Than others tanks: T-90 | Challenger 2 | Type99 | Abrams M1A2 | BE it you wan't ....

Look at the T90 for exemple, it is most solid, And have 460dmgs, And it's not a very OP tank. You can try the Oplot at Lvl 68/69 il you want, but 450dmgs on the Oplot should correct.

Edited by Driver353, 27 August 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#16 PufPuf

PufPuf

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • HomeOmaha Beach

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

Ideas are to be unbiased, an example of what is biased: "The T-62's reload speed should be buffed to 2.4 seconds, because Soviet vehikels load faster than that"

Wrong example, this an unbiased comment, referring to an actual situation IRL, as stated in guideline 4.
Biased would be: "I want the T-62 reload speed to be buffed, because I think it's a darn slow son-of-gun".

Regards Puf, with lots of respect for the helluva job you guys (especially Unknown) did!

Signature_300x75.jpg

PufPuf. Because 2 shots should be enough...

#17 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4710 posts
  • HomeCali Baby

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

For me, it's a part of the game, that the artys fire on longs disctances. It you nerf his healt pool, the players who play artys Will only can camp, allo the game.

For the Oplot, his healt pool And his armor is not most OP Than others tanks: T-90 | Challenger 2 | Type99 | Abrams M1A2 | BE it you wan't ....

Look at the T90 for exemple, it is most solid, And have 460dmgs, And it's not a very OP tank. You can try the Oplot at Lvl 68/69 il you want, but 450dmgs on the Oplot should correct.

You are right, it is a part of them game that artillery fire from long distances. That's what we are all hoping for here though, isn't it? We actually WANT the artillery to stay behind and camp, because that's what artillery is supposed to do. Nerfing the health pool is the most proper method of discouraging artillery/MLRS players from just going out in the middle of the battlefield and simply spamming high explosive. With the combination of this and the replacement of artillery's gunner's view with a bird's eye view, I can almost guarantee you that this huge problem in the game will be near completely gone with these effects put into place.

If you add together the Oplot's health pool and armor value in order to get its "survivability total", it is actually pretty high and totals to over 1700. Also remember, we are trying to make the tanks' statistics balanced with one another and not so impressive that they are near overpowered.

The T-90 is a very solid tank, but look at what the Oplot has that the T-90 doesn't: amazing agility (though the T-90's is still respectable), very high speed (7 kph better), some amazing reverse speed (actual reverse speed at all, since the T-90's is laughable), much faster turret rotation speed (16 degrees/second faster), and still a good health pool when considering its great armor (the T-90 has awesome armor, but its health pool is definitely lacking.)

Buffing its damage to 450 would not give it an impressive DPM, but it would still make the BM Oplot overpowered as that is its main weakness besides the almost nonexistent gun depression and huge cupola weakspots. It would basically make it a very fast and agile T-90 with a little less armor, which definitely sounds overpowered when just thinking about it.

AFRIKA KORPS

#18 billybob-45

billybob-45

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • HomeDeposit NY, USA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

no, don't get rid of heat for the chief, thats what makes it strong, what should be nerfed on it is the repels, it's a freaking repel magnet, its not easy to kill with an amx 13, you need like 7 or more shots to kill it effectivly, by which time your dead

You can either join me or die at the hands of the enemy, your choice~unknown

#19 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4710 posts
  • HomeCali Baby

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

no, don't get rid of heat for the chief, thats what makes it strong, what should be nerfed on it is the repels, it's a freaking repel magnet, its not easy to kill with an amx 13, you need like 7 or more shots to kill it effectivly, by which time your dead

I was thinking of either nerfing the spaced armor by removing the second tier of upgrade for it, or removing its HEAT ammo. It didn't actually use HEAT in real life, so I was leaning more towards that.

AFRIKA KORPS

#20 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • Home🇮🇶

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

I was thinking of either nerfing the spaced armor by removing the second tier of upgrade for it, or removing its HEAT ammo. It didn't actually use HEAT in real life, so I was leaning more towards that.

removing HEAT is better

I expected these agruments, and there will be more
I could help you with clip magazine tanks dpm
But sheets app is not working anymore

Edited by basmal121, 27 August 2016 - 12:30 PM.

smbnnn.jpg
 iPad Air 2 ~ Retina Display ~ iOS 10.2.1
64-bit A8X Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon ~ PowerVR Series 6XT GXA6850 Octa-core ~ 2 GB RAM

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}