#2 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Eh everybody know them.. Who doesn't, doesn't like tanks
And what the list is based on? Power? Effectiveness? Size? Some tanks nerd opinion?
It's completely wrong
Tiger 1 was top tank, than comes M4 Sherman, T-34-85, IS-2, Panzer 4 etc

Edited by basmal121, 22 August 2016 - 06:40 PM.

29dekvt.jpg

#3 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:10 PM

Basmal, your right again. Magic, thanks for the vid.

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#4 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:17 AM

Eh everybody know them.. Who doesn't, doesn't like tanks
And what the list is based on? Power? Effectiveness? Size? Some tanks nerd opinion?
It's completely wrong
Tiger 1 was top tank, than comes M4 Sherman, T-34-85, IS-2, Panzer 4 etc

The Tiger tanks tiger 1 and 2 are in-front of the Sherman's.. The number one place is the tiger II as it was made just before the war ended but on its life time it pushed the Americans back and some British forces, plus the list is based on power, oh and the Firefly is made specifically to kill tiger's so I put it Infront of the tiger 1 as it has a range of fire 3x the range of a tiger 1 but the tiger II was much better armour and cannon.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#5 Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • HomeManhattan, New York

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

The Tiger tanks tiger 1 and 2 are in-front of the Sherman's.. The number one place is the tiger II as it was made just before the war ended but on its life time it pushed the Americans back and some British forces, plus the list is based on power, oh and the Firefly is made specifically to kill tiger's so I put it Infront of the tiger 1 as it has a range of fire 3x the range of a tiger 1 but the tiger II was much better armour and cannon.

Tiger 2 was actually worst than the Tiger I. The tank itself had a lot more technical issues than its predecessor, something that came in notice during the Battle of Berlin. Same applied to the Jagdtiger Tank destroyer, which was a based on the Tiger 2's hull. The German tanks had a very high fear factor, that was for their extreme high class armor and powerful armament. They where very badly maintained tanks, specially the Tiger I and occasionally the Panther I. Too many breakdowns and engine issues. The tanks where badly maintained and took awful amount of time to produce, enough time to produce plenty of Panzer IV Aus.F, in which in a comparison between the M4A3, T-34-76, Crusader and Panzer IV, the Panzer would excel due to it been extremely balanced.

Let's say the Tiger series where overrated. They were well produced, but not well maintained.

Edited by Flamethrower, 23 August 2016 - 03:34 AM.

They see me burning

#6 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Tiger 2 was actually worst than the Tiger I. The tank itself had a lot more technical issues than its predecessor, something that came in notice during the Battle of Berlin. Same applied to the Handover Tank destroyer, which was a phased on the Tiger 2's hull.
Let's say the tank itself was overrated.

It did have a lot of technical issues but the (H) modification solved most of the issues but due to the transmission on the front of the tank (Like the tiger I) it turned slower, any shrapnel under the tank could set fire to the tank as 2 large ammo racks was located just under the turret drives and at the rear of the turret it was a very easy to poke a 17 pounder right through the side of the tank, but the Tiger II you see in this video is the (H) variant what was better than the Tiger E as it had even more issues than the II because if it's cannon even got damages they was told to leave it.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#7 Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

It did have a lot of technical issues but the (H) modification solved most of the issues but due to the transmission on the front of the tank (Like the tiger I) it turned slower, any shrapnel under the tank could set fire to the tank as 2 large ammo racks was located just under the turret drives and at the rear of the turret it was a very easy to poke a 17 pounder right through the side of the tank, but the Tiger II you see in this video is the (H) variant what was better than the Tiger E as it had even more issues than the II because if it's cannon even got damages they was told to leave it.

The Tiger 2 H variant came late to the party, it didn't get produced in time and it happened to be out-performed by the IS-2 and M26. It doesn't deserve to be on number 1 because it had many flaws.

As usual, the German heavies only focused on armament and armor, that's all Hitler cared about, that's why projects such as the Panther 2 and improved Panzer IV variants where stopped until the last days of the war, Hitler wanted bigger guns, just like a child, which slowed down the tank production, which gave the Allies more time to continue their way to Germany. That lead up to his desperation, forcing Henschel and Porsche build bigger tanks with Bigger guns and stronger armor. The late war allied tanks where perfectly balanced in terms of armament, protection, crew, and quality. German tank didn't have that, they showed their vulnerabilities and where ultimately defeted on their homeland. They Tiger tanks where designed to be used as stationary tanks, they where too slow to be used on the front lines, that's why the Panther and Panzer IV where seen more frequently.

Edited by Flamethrower, 23 August 2016 - 04:30 AM.

They see me burning

#8 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

Nice but i think T-54 can be in ;)

Edited by Driver353, 23 August 2016 - 07:43 AM.

«Before all things do you want to do, believe in yourself.»

#9 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

No...
2jbvfp1.jpg

Edited by basmal121, 23 August 2016 - 08:09 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#10 Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

T-54 prototype was made on 1949. If we going all the way down then, M48 Patton, Centurion MK 3, IS-3 and IS-4 should be on the list too.
They see me burning

#11 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

The T-54 wasn't made then it was made in 1947 (the prototype) but in 1949 the tank was relised and was widely spread throughout Asia.

T-54 prototype was made on 1949. If we going all the way down then, M48 Patton, Centurion MK 3, IS-3 and IS-4 should be on the list too.

There for a later top 10. 😊

Edited by magic ender11, 23 August 2016 - 08:47 AM.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#12 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

However.. All know the best is ..
1z1cy90.jpg

Edited by basmal121, 23 August 2016 - 09:52 AM.

29dekvt.jpg

#13 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

Maus.jpg

The mighty maus! All hail Bas the maus!

Edited by magic ender11, 23 August 2016 - 09:28 AM.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#14 Driver353

Driver353

Corporal

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

Oh.. Ok^^
«Before all things do you want to do, believe in yourself.»

#15 Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

1z1cy90.jpg

I would call it best practice target, that's for sure. The Allies had something the Germans didn't have, Air superiority.

Edited by Flamethrower, 23 August 2016 - 01:08 PM.

They see me burning

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}