• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 _In_PlaiN_SighT_

_In_PlaiN_SighT_

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Well, lately the latest craze is this harmless looking app. In general... In the world of pokemon, there is; Pokémon, trainers, pokeballs (to capture and keep pokemon) and so on. Nevertheless, instead of restricting yourself to a table to play this via "trading card game" (old fashioned?) why not use your AR on your smartphone?

So walk around, use your AR, capture pokemon, meet others, play against them etc...

Not a player pokemon player myself, but it has managed one way to catch my attention...

Kibitz?

KJ05QZC.jpg

#2 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• General Community Representative
  • 3182 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Pokémon GO kills! Be aware! :P

u0KGBYG.gif

:: General Community Representative ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#3 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

I'm level 3!
YOU WILL BE DIE

#4 Tank Ben

Tank Ben

Lieutenant General

• Others: In-game Moderator
  • 504 posts
  • HomeSomewhere cold, warm, cloudy and rainy.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

Haven't tried PokeMan Go, don't plan to, and never will. :P
"Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose." - Unknown

#5 Colonel-candy

Colonel-candy

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Homethe land where it always rains.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

Veteran Pokemon player here. It's nothing compared to the originals but it's good fun,I would recommend it.
Welcome to the banter bus.

#6 USMC Sniper

USMC Sniper

Old Man of the Forums

• Senior Moderator
  • Others: In-game Senior Moderator
  • 2270 posts
  • HomeFiore

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:56 AM

Doesn't work on my tablet so I'm not going to play it :P

#7 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • HomeGreat Britain, England.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

They are updating the game every 2 weeks. I hope we get a trading system :P.
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#8 billybob-45

billybob-45

General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • HomeDeposit NY, USA

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:34 AM

Pokémon GO kills! Be aware! :P

yeah, be aware of your surroundings at all times!!!

Edited by DigitalCrow, 30 July 2016 - 06:38 AM.
Red is reserved for use by staff. Excessive caps.

• AllyNJace) likes this

You can either join me or die at the hands of the enemy, your choice~unknown

#9 Guest_izzers_*

Guest_izzers_*

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:10 AM

Pokémon go isnt available in my country yet sadly :(....but i still got it :3...gotta love android, I'm lvl 23 ^_^
  • Tank Ben likes this

#10 AllyNJace)

AllyNJace)

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • HomeAlongside Jehovah)

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

Well, lately the latest craze is this harmless looking app. In general... In the world of pokemon, there is; Pokémon, trainers, pokeballs (to capture and keep pokemon) and so on. Nevertheless, instead of restricting yourself to a table to play this via "trading card game" (old fashioned?) why not use your AR on your smartphone?

So walk around, use your AR, capture pokemon, meet others, play against them etc...

Not a player pokemon player myself, but it has managed one way to catch my attention...

Kibitz?

I tried it, but I think there are ways it could be improved. Its kinda boring a bit, to be honest. Also to say, I do not really feel like walking around outdoors. I think are a lot of ways they can make it more interesting, since its the new 'craze' at the moment and since many people have hopped on-boards with the game even though that are not really original Pokemon fans but playing the game just to experience it and see what its like. So I feel to keep those people around, they need to add more components to the game, otherwise it will not be long before another game is released and that will be the new 'craze'. Also, I am on level 2 or 3 I think, but I haven't opened the app in awhile after I've tried it out.

I do admit though, that it can be a good way to encourage exercise if the player is very into it. I think that's what had caught my attention in the beginning.

Thanks You Loves, Fr 700 Subscribers! 😘)) 😊

*:....:* *  Ally  Stiles ...:* *:....:* *・゜゚25-month Friendsnniversary. *:....:* *

#11 Guest_izzers_*

Guest_izzers_*

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

I tried it, but I think there are ways it could be improved. Its kinda boring a bit, to be honest. Also to say, I do not really feel like walking around outdoors. I think are a lot of ways they can make it more interesting, since its the new 'craze' at the moment and since many people have hopped on-boards with the game even though that are not really original Pokemon fans but playing the game just to experience it and see what its like. So I feel to keep those people around, they need to add more components to the game, otherwise it will not be long before another game is released and that will be the new 'craze'. Also, I am on level 2 or 3 I think, but I haven't opened the app in awhile after I've tried it out.

I do admit though, that it can be a good way to encourage exercise if the player is very into it. I think that's what had caught my attention in the beginning.

the whole point of the game is to walk around and catch Pokémon, ofcourse you're supposed to be moving around...but there are some improvements needed..it might be just that im using an apk,but the servers need to be fixed and all the games freezes..other than that the game is fine. i do have some friends that have jumpped on the Pokémon band wagon, i my self have been a Pokémon nerd my whole life :3

Edited by izzers, 31 July 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#12 Tank Ben

Tank Ben

Lieutenant General

• Others: In-game Moderator
  • 504 posts
  • HomeSomewhere cold, warm, cloudy and rainy.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

the whole point of the game is to walk around and catch Pokémon, ofcourse you're supposed to be moving around...but there are some improvements needed..it might be just that im using an apk but the servers need to be fixed and all the games freezes..other than that the game is fine. i do have some friends that have jumpped on the Pokémon band wagon, i my self have been a Pokémon nerd my whole life :3

Is the game worth a try, izzy? :3
"Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose." - Unknown

#13 Guest_izzers_*

Guest_izzers_*

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:55 PM

Is the game worth a try, izzy? :3

i dunno benz, if you like Pokémon yes, if you're not into it and just wanna be part of the experience it'll get boring. :S

#14 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3182 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

it might be just that im using an apk but the servers need to be fixed and all the games freezes

If you download the application directly from Google Play, it is still an APK-file, just as if you download it from the internet.

u0KGBYG.gif

#15 Guest_izzers_*

Guest_izzers_*

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:46 PM

If you download the application directly from Google Play, it is still an APK-file, just as if you download it from the internet.

Sorry i meant to say, a bad apk*

#16 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3182 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

Sorry i meant to say, a bad apk*

What does a "bad" APK-file has to do with the game's servers?

u0KGBYG.gif

#17 AllyNJace)

AllyNJace)

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • HomeAlongside Jehovah)

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

the whole point of the game is to walk around and catch Pokémon, ofcourse you're supposed to be moving around...but there are some improvements needed..it might be just that im using an apk but the servers need to be fixed and all the games freezes..other than that the game is fine. i do have some friends that have jumpped on the Pokémon band wagon, i my self have been a Pokémon nerd my whole life :3

Yep, I know. Is why I decided to try it out, to see if it would help me to start going outdoors a bit more. But it didn't really hold my attention for too long. I had a couple of problems with it, also.  Like when I walked would around, my avatar would only stay in one place. But I was able to fix that. The other problem was that when I would flick on the real life camera before you are about to capture one, I couldn't see the Pokemon. So I could only stay in the game perspective instead of mines. (All of my location services, GPS, Wi-FI, Mobile Networks, was turned on high accuracy, so I believe it was an issue with the game) I gave it a try though.

*:....:* *  Ally  Stiles ...:* *:....:* *・゜゚25-month Friendsnniversary. *:....:* *

#18 DeathMachine17

DeathMachine17

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Homeus

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

I don't like pokemon In general, but I like playing pokemon go just for the fun of it

Edited by DeathMachine17, 30 July 2016 - 11:59 PM.

YOU WILL BE DIE

#19 AllyNJace)

AllyNJace)

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • HomeAlongside Jehovah)

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:04 AM

What does a "bad" APK-file has to do with the game's servers?

Maybe the APK File might have been sloppily put together, so there could be a few issues that are present in the game. 

#20 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• 3182 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

Maybe the APK File might have been sloppily put together, so there could be a few issues that are present in the game.

The APK-file should be the original application.

u0KGBYG.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}