Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

07-22-2016-0167-132.jpg

My Father is on the right

Article: http://news.gc.ca/we....do?nid=1103409

Some of you may remember, about a week ago; I announced my father and 200 other Canadian Military Officers from all over Canada were partaking in the Nijmegen (An event to remember the Canadians who helped free the Netherlands from German occupation during the World Wars, et cetera). The event involves a 4 day march; each day consisting of a 40km+ march.

My Father and his group of officers successfully finished the whole march; all of them receiving seperate medals, but also earning a medal for having their whole team complete the march!

I must say, I couldn't be more proud! My Father is a huge inspiration. He is an individual resembling perseverance, determination and leadership! Love you Dad!

Humble regards;
Iluvtanks

• rcmppolice, DigitalCrow, Unknown 4249 and 5 others like this

#2 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1108 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:13 AM

Congratsulations, it was hard I heard from my country friends. The weather was maybe a bit to warm. Good job, and maybe he saw a employee from my dad's company.

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#3 Vint

Vint

leader of Eagle One

• Others: In-game Moderator
  • 849 posts
  • HomeCentral Ohio USA

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:37 AM

I salute your father o7
🇺🇸 motto: speak softly but carry a 120 MM smoothbore 🇺🇸
Playing Tanktastic since May 2013

#4 Snake999

Snake999

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • HomeTaiz - yemen

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

Best regards to your father :)

1472252995542.png

#5 Piperi

Piperi

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • HomeThe deep valley of The Black Mountains ( the Balkans )

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

My deepest regards for you're father ILT. For I had a grandfather who did something similar,but a realy big distance running from the Germans in world war 2. He had a rather large bounty on his head for he shot down a few of the best aces in the Balkan, a few dozen bomber and fighters as an air pilot. He walked from today's Podgorica ( Montenegro) to Belgrade ( Serbia ) roughly 210 km as the crow flys, there is now record on what he actually walked because it's the roughest, mountainest terrain in Europe, but on the way he met the president of X Yugoslavia-Tito. Witch was very funny too me, because he almost got killed, for they thought he was a German spy. Later he fought in many of the famous Yugoslavian battles. And from those battles, from what I read from his bravery and hard headednes, was nominated a national hero of Yugoslavia.

Edited by Piperi, 23 July 2016 - 11:49 AM.

#6 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Congratulations to your dad and you, iluvtanks, even though you knew he would be able to do it you must have been proud to see him come home! It's nice that you're so close to your dad.

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#7 khan

khan

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • HomeEARTH

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Awseem ..be prouad....
post-3240-0-65058200-1472822340.png

🌷💲👑UNIT👑💲🌷

#8 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

i had a grandpa who was going to be a fighter pilot but had to drop out of training because of some kind of sickness :/

RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#9 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1163 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

My great great grandfather served in WW2 in the Navy on the Fletcher Class Destroyer named USS Benniun (I don't remember how to spell it) protecting Battleship Texas, and one day, the destroyer shot down a Jap Mitsubishi A6M Zero and a piece of shrapnel landed about 2 inches in front of him, which, if it weren't for that inch distance, the piece would've killed him, so he picked up and put it in is his pocket and kept it as he services through the war and now one of my cousin in Arizona has the piece of shrapnel now

Tho..sadly he died of a sickness somewhere in the 1980s..before I was born, I would've had so many questions T~T

Edited by CaptainPrice, 08 August 2016 - 04:44 PM.

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#10 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

My great great grandfather served in WW2 in the Navy on the Fletcher Class Destroyer named USS Benniun (I don't remember how to spell it) protecting Battleship Texas, and one day, the destroyer shot down a Jap Mitsubishi A6M Zero and a piece of shrapnel landed about 2 inches in front of him, which, if it weren't for that inch distance, the piece would've killed him, so he picked up and put it in is his pocket and kept it as he services through the war and now one of my cousin in Arizona has the piece of shrapnel now
Tho..sadly he died of a sickness somewhere in the 1980s..before I was born, I would've had so many questions T~T

Sorry for your grandfather and thank him for his service, but This isn't relevant to the post, respect iluvtank's dad effort and don't go off topic on such posts.

Edited by randy12345, 08 August 2016 - 07:57 PM.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#11 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1163 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

Sorry for your grandfather and thank him for his service, but This isn't relevant to the post, respect iluvtank's dad effort and don't go off topic on such posts.

I have respect for his dad but it seems it's perfectly ok for others to share things about their family being in a war but not me..hmmmm

And I like it how u seem to usually target me for usually no reason -.-

Edited by CaptainPrice, 08 August 2016 - 09:11 PM.

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#12 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

I have respect for his dad but it seems it's perfectly ok for others to share things about their family being in a war but not me..hmmmm

And I like it how u seem to usually target me for usually no reason -.-

I don't just target you, I target anyone who says anything lol, I answer to every new comment.

#13 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

I don't just target you, I target anyone who says anything lol, I answer to every new comment.

Lies i have a list that proves you wrong ;-;
git gud noob

#14 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

Lies i have a list that proves you wrong ;-;

Are you sure about that?

#15 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:10 AM

Are you sure about that?

Shhhhhhh._.
git gud noob

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}