#1 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

14-0112-m.jpg

Article: https://en.m.wikiped...arches_Nijmegen

My father (Major McDonald) and his team of officers whom are in the Canadian Armed Forces are also doing this march. As it is a yearly tradition. They will be walking exactly 160km within the span of 4 days, whilst carrying equipment equivalent to the weight of themselves. They are very strong and determined individuals, whom I know will be successful in their task at hand. Good luck Dad!

Humble regards;

Iluvtanks

• rcmppolice and PufPuf like this

#2 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Cool, that must be a great experience, has he participated in them before?

• Iluvtanks likes this

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#3 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Cool, that must be a great experience, has he participated in them before?

His first time; but based off his past (2 tours: 1 year 5 months Afghanistan and a couple months in Bosnia for the peace keeping mission. Et cetera), he'll surely be able to handle it.

#4 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

heyy, you changed the picture...hehe, it must be a great honor (or some kind of honor) and achievement.

• Iluvtanks likes this

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

#5 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

heyy, you changed the picture...hehe, it must be a great honor (or some kind of honor) and achievement.

Canadian Armed Forces partake in the Nijmegen as it honors the Canadians whom fought during WW2.

• "The CAF contingent will cover 160 kilometres through the Dutch countryside and crowded town streets in the Nijmegen area, often walking across the same terrain where many Canadians fell during the Second World War."

• "While overseas, CAF members will commemorate Canada’s First World War legacy in Europe during traditional ceremonies at the Vimy Ridge Memorial, Tyne Cot Cemetery, the German war cemetery in Ysselsteyn, and the Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing. An additional ceremony will take place on the third day of the Marches at the Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery, commemorating fallen Canadians from the Second World War."

Source: http://news.gc.ca/we....do?nid=1000679

#6 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

God Jesus, those Canadians do know what real work is. This reminds me of how the SAS (Special Air Service) aka the best of the best, training basically is.

Edited by randy12345, 15 July 2016 - 09:01 PM.

• Iluvtanks likes this

Bow down to my dank memes.

#7 hastag

hastag

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts
  • HomeTuonela

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

40 km a day is, well, quite a bit. With equipment that's even more. That's just bonkers.

• Iluvtanks likes this
Chris Hansen is my personal bodyguard

#8 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

Canadian Armed Forces partake in the Nijmegen as it honors the Canadians whom fought during WW2.

• "The CAF contingent will cover 160 kilometres through the Dutch countryside and crowded town streets in the Nijmegen area, often walking across the same terrain where many Canadians fell during the Second World War."

• "While overseas, CAF members will commemorate Canada’s First World War legacy in Europe during traditional ceremonies at the Vimy Ridge Memorial, Tyne Cot Cemetery, the German war cemetery in Ysselsteyn, and the Menin Gate Memorial to the Missing. An additional ceremony will take place on the third day of the Marches at the Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery, commemorating fallen Canadians from the Second World War."

Source: http://news.gc.ca/we....do?nid=1000679

You must be proud of him. The experience sounds good.

• Iluvtanks likes this

#9 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

You must be proud of him. The experience sounds good.

I am very proud.

• blitzkrieg101 likes this

#10 Snake999

Snake999

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • HomeTaiz - yemen

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Good job (y)
  • Iluvtanks likes this

1472252995542.png

#11 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

Today it begins right. I am mommentally abroad but I wish him succes. If I wasn't abroad, I also participated. It current warm in the Netherlands, so tell him to have much water with him.
  • Iluvtanks likes this

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#12 Piperi

Piperi

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • HomeThe deep valley of The Black Mountains ( the Balkans )

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Wish him luck for me ;).

#13 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

They walked 46 km today. They will be waking up again tomorrow at 5 am to repeat this.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}