Two game versions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

Forget this, useless. Waste of time.

Edited by randy12345, 30 May 2016 - 11:53 AM.

Bow down to my dank memes.

#2 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

So I've been looking at the update and thought,"This videos show a huge graphic nerf, maybe because the devs want people to complain about their FPS."

So in order to solve this problem, there should be two game versions, the original update which is 550 MB and the other Version with HD graphics, which may affect the app space to up to 1GB-2GB.

What do you guys think?

Credit goes to _In_PlaiN_SighT_ for this amazing idea.

Yas its a very good idea
git gud noob

#3 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Contest Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

I do like the idea it self, but this should be in the play store or app store as option be for downloading, not 2 different.

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#4 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Let's be realistic here, this is a mobile game. The graphics aren't going to be superb. Also, to be honest; I don't care about the graphics, I care more about the gameplay. Because, in reality; this is a fps game, unless you're in Hehe you won't be paying too much attention to graphics quality.
  • PufPuf likes this

#5 hastag

hastag

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts
  • HomeTuonela

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Why the underworld not?
Chris Hansen is my personal bodyguard

#6 Snake999

Snake999

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

i don't think that , Because the players who will play in the quality weak they can't play with others who have HD quality 

This is also a bit difficult because it will be every other game database

1472252995542.png

#7 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• Administrator
  • 3370 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

i don't think that , Because the players who will play in the quality weak they can't play with others who have HD quality
This is also a bit difficult because it will be every other game database

The graphics would be the only difference between the two OBB files; you will be able to play with the same players with both of the versions.

However, it is not possible to add two "versions" of the same game on Google Play or App Store. In order to get two "version" with different graphics, they have to add two opinions when we start the game for first time: to either download the OBB data for the standard graphics, or for the HD graphics.

This will take even longer time to fix, and I do not think they will add this feature before they have released version 2.0 of the game.

Edited by Error 403, 29 May 2016 - 10:58 AM.

• Iluvtanks and Tank Ben like this

u0KGBYG.gif

:: English Community Coordinator ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#8 Qnomei

Qnomei

Official Wiki Admin

• Contest Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • HomeThe Great Land of Cheese, also known as Wisconsin

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

Mobile Unity games have a texture size limit that can't be surpassed, otherwise the textures appear black/monochrome. I'm pretty sure most of Tanktastic's textures already reach this limit. The game already has graphics options in the settings menu, and they are far more in-depth than any other mobile game I have played. With the optimizations Unity 5 brings, the game will perform just as well, if not better than 1.22. Those optimizations include multi core support, meaning your 8 core whatever tablet won't have 7 idle cores while playing the game.

• Error 403 likes this

#9 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2698 posts
  • HomeMiddle of the earth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

So I've been looking at the update and thought,"This videos show a huge graphic nerf, maybe because the devs want people to complain about their FPS."
So in order to solve this problem, there should be two game versions, the original update which is 550 MB and the other Version with HD graphics, which may affect the app space to up to 1GB-2GB.
What do you guys think?
Credit goes to _In_PlaiN_SighT_ for this amazing idea.

In settings select
HD
SD
That's all
  • Fiutel_88 likes this

29dekvt.jpg

#10 Fiutel_88

Fiutel_88

Colonel

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 366 posts
  • HomeValhalla

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

In settings select
HD
SD
That's all

Simple like that.. or buy some device wich not using beets and potatoes to work..
My armour is Contempt,My shield is Disgust,My sword is Hatred,In the Emperor's Name,Let none survive!

https://youtu.be/JjaYW5Cnr5k

#11 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2698 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Simple like that.. or buy some device wich not using beets and potatoes to work..

Say that to others fluffy
My device runs Ultra PC Quality mobile games

Edited by basmal121, 29 May 2016 - 05:41 PM.

29dekvt.jpg

#12 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

In settings select
HD
SD
That's all

In-game? Because lets be realistic here, Tanktastic textures are pretty crappy. Just take a look at the size of the pixels!

#13 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

um, wont supremely beautiful graphics lag up a mobile device?

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#14 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:41 PM

um, wont supremely beautiful graphics lag up a mobile device?

Thats why its 2 versions one high and one medium and some devices can support high graphics without lagin
git gud noob

#15 blitzkrieg101

blitzkrieg101

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • HomeTanktastic 4ever

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thats why its 2 versions one high and one medium and some devices can support high graphics without lagin

ohhhh

Here's the thing, I'm a nice person. So if I'm a b**** to you, you need to ask yourself why.

"Don't kill people with kindness because not everyone deserves your kindness. Kill people with silence because not everyone deserves your attention."

"Speak your mind, no one else is going to do it for you."

#16 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• Contest Organizer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

Frankly I feel it would be great for some but in the end having two different versions of the game would divide the player base and effectively kill tanktastic as a game. For people with stronger devices it's nice but that is not the majority of people that do mobile gaming.

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#17 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2698 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

Frankly I feel it would be great for some but in the end having two different versions of the game would divide the player base and effectively kill tanktastic as a game. For people with stronger devices it's nice but that is not the majority of people that do mobile gaming.

this man is my hero

29dekvt.jpg

#18 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• Administrator
  • 3370 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:54 AM

Mobile Unity games have a texture size limit that can't be surpassed, otherwise the textures appear black/monochrome. I'm pretty sure most of Tanktastic's textures already reach this limit. The game already has graphics options in the settings menu, and they are far more in-depth than any other mobile game I have played. With the optimizations Unity 5 brings, the game will perform just as well, if not better than 1.22. Those optimizations include multi core support, meaning your 8 core whatever tablet won't have 7 idle cores while playing the game.

Exactly.

u0KGBYG.gif

#19 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

tell me how, a version for the weak devices and a version for the fast devices, does to create anything?

#20 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• Administrator
  • 3370 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

tell me how, a version for the weak devices and a version for the fast devices, does to create anything?

As I stated above, it is not possible to have two versions of the same game on Google Play or App Store.

Also, if they are going to let us choose between the standard or the HD graphics, they have to add the HD graphics, and that takes long time to do.

u0KGBYG.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}