For those who use a tablet like me, you may have noticed that you cannot edit the properties of text in a post you are making. The reason why, is because the editing panel cannot be loaded on smaller devices. Because of this, you need to it manually meaning that you need to use some coding. Believe it or not, the editing buttons you use on a computer are actually tied to watered down HTML code used by the forum. Take a look at what my clan page REALLY looks like when it's stripped down to just the coding.
[center][color=#008000][size=8][STAT] First Responders[/size][/color][/center]Hello everyone, and for those who have joined, welcome to STAT! Here you can find the rules of the clan, when it was created, and the current member list (updated weekly). I also wanted to thank everyone for their support of the clan, and for helping me get the idea off the ground.
Created on February 29th, 2016.
First in command: Echo 1-4
2. echo 1-4
10. garrett locke
11. ryan 19
1. Try to keep swearing within the clan at a minimum, as we want the chat to be a clean and enjoyable environment for all of our members.
2. Try to be an active player. I know it may seem to be tedious, but it's for the good of the clan and yourself. The harder everyone works, the better we get and the more respect we gain.
3. Be kind to all clan members. I don't care if you and someone else don't like each other. The goal of this clan is to unite everyone and to work together peacefully.
4. Do not disrespect a moderator or administrator. They work hard for Tanktastic enforcing the rules, and keeping chats clean. Give them the same respect you would give me, no matter what the situation is.
5. Last but not least, there is to be NO boosting of ANY kind in this clan. Violators will be kicked from the clan immediately, and will be reported to a moderator.
6. No flooding in chat. If you get muted and flood chat with banhammer, I will issue you a warning and put you on probation for a week. If it happens again while you are on probation, you will be kicked.
Besides that, just have fun. The point of this clan is to have fun, and help others. We are here to benefit the Tanktastic community and help other clans. Treat others with the same respect you expect from them, that's all I ask.
As you can see, the post is run by coding, even though I used the editing panel to create it. Since some people have had problems editing text, I am providing a guide to the tags of code used to control or manually edit text.
1. [color=#102632] This tag is used to change the color of text. You insert an HTML color code (found on websites) behind the equals sign, and it takes that exact color and applies it to your text. The color code above is just an example. To close the coding, insert this tag: [/color]
2. [size=10] This one is used to change the size of your text. The larger the number, the larger your text. To close the coding, insert this tag: [/size]
3. [center][left][right] These three tags are used to align your text on the page. Closing the code is easy: [/center][/left][/right]
4. [b][u][i][s] These tags are used to change your text to bold, italics, underline, or scratchthrough. b for bold, u for underline, I for italics, and s for scratchthrough. To close the code, insert the tag to its appropriate opening tag: [/b][/u][/i][/s]
5. [code=auto:0] This special tag prevents any coding within the tags from doing anything to the text, and from being shown in your final post. This is how you are able to view my clan page with the code exposed, and how I am able to use all of these tags with the text staying the same. Closing it is as simple as typing the [/code] tag after your text that you want code to be seen. Any coding after that will have the effects associated with that tag.
Now that you have the tags, you can manually edit text you use in posts. Keep in mind that if you like doing this, then try going to full HTML coding which is a little different. As always, I hope that the information I have provided was informative and helpful, and that it may make your forum experience a little easier. Leave your questions in the comments below, and I will do my best to answer them.