Photo

A New Tournament

New Tournament

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: The new tournament (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (33 votes [94.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.29%

2. No (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • Others: In-game Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hello fellow members, I am wanting to announce that I am in the process of making, or coming up with, a new type of tournament.

Now you may be saying: "But we already have a tournament!"

Well yes, we do, for low level post World War II tanks. Now what went through my mind as I was thinking about ways to better this game or bring it closer as a community. I had this revelation.

I'll skip the narratives and get straight to the point:

• The tournament in question, is a type of Global Tournament.
No, not a tournament consisting of international competition among players in a set order.
The idea of this is similar to that of the World War II League. There will be:

• Classes for each tank
• Set dates (on a weekly basis)
• A point system
• Prizes that are yet to be determined.

So what's the idea?

- To hold tournaments for every type of tank from each region
- All tanks in a certain class from each region will face off in a one hour match
- At least 4 different classes (Super low, low, medium, and high)

This is the basic idea of it. If you like it, please make suggestions; whether it be the prizes, what day and hour it will be held, how it will be run, even propose logo ideas.

I hope you all consider this as another great way to keep the Tanktastic community fresh and alive!

Kind regards,

🔥D.T.🔥
  • Iluvtanks and F-18 Stealth like this

Reigning in the SkiesOverseer of the Realms

#2 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3925 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hello fellow members, I am wanting to announce that I am in the process of making, or coming up with, a new type of tournament.

Now you may be saying: "But we already have a tournament!"

Well yes, we do, for low level post World War II tanks. Now what went through my mind as I was thinking about ways to better this game or bring it closer as a community. I had this revelation.

I'll skip the narratives and get straight to the point:

• The tournament in question, is a type of Global Tournament.
No, not a tournament consisting of international competition among players in a set order.
The idea of this is similar to that of the World War II League. There will be:

• Classes for each tank
• Set dates (on a weekly basis)
• A point system
• Prizes that are yet to be determined.

So what's the idea?

- To hold tournaments for every type of tank from each region
- All tanks in a certain class from each region will face off in a one hour match
- At least 4 different classes (Super low, low, medium, and high)

This is the basic idea of it. If you like it, please make suggestions; whether it be the prizes, what day and hour it will be held, how it will be run, even propose logo ideas.

I hope you all consider this as another great way to keep the Tanktastic community fresh and alive!

Kind regards,

D.T.

I have been thinking of something like this for a while just never bothered posting it for I never word my ideas well lol. I like the fact it would include more variety of tanks but I do feel it could easily be unbalanced like a Type 10 vs a T-80. I feel we need to match up tanks with similar stats instead of tanks within a similar level range for despite being in the same level ranges some tanks are superior to others and would cause a unbalance in tournaments if we are not careful.

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#3 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

I have been thinking of something like this for a while just never bothered posting it for I never word my ideas well lol. I like the fact it would include more variety of tanks but I do feel it could easily be unbalanced like a Type 10 vs a T-80. I feel we need to match up tanks with similar stats instead of tanks within a similar level range for despite being in the same level ranges some tanks are superior to others and would cause a unbalance in tournaments if we are not careful.

Needn't worry about that. I forgot to mention that I am basing these events and classes off level range. Plus, once I have a decent draft, I will send it off to others for peer review. I don't expect this to be done within a few days, rather a few weeks to get it completely balanced.

#4 elderby22

elderby22

The Emperor

• German Community Representative
  • 606 posts
  • HomeMars

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

I do like the idea, but from what I know there is already a tournament like this, it's just not as popular as the WW II League. It's called "World League" and takes place every Thursday at 21:00 MSK. Every week another tank is assigned. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure, whether there are prices, or not.
You can find it's VK group here.
VK
Facebook
Posted Image

#5 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

Well this may be a completely flawed idea...

#6 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

if this gets approved, I'll be at school everytime except for the 2-week Christmas Break, 1-week, 1-week Spring Break, then summer except for the 3rd week of June cuz I leave for the whole week

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#7 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8313 posts
  • HomeLeeds, United Kingdom (Now living on NYC)

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

I won't be able to attend that tournament since I go to college, plus I work, so yeah :/

Bow down to my dank memes.

#8 Error 403

Error 403

Supreme Commander

• In-game Moderator
  • Others: Community Contributor
  • 3045 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

I like the idea, Dragontanker, but most of us haven't much time to it.

Maybe when we all have schoolbreak or something?

u0KGBYG.gif

:: Tanktastic In-game Moderator ::

Forum Rules  EULA • Support  In-game Reports 

#9 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8313 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

No body plays at that time, because it is European time...

#10 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

I like the idea, Dragontanker, but most of us haven't much time to it.
Maybe when we all have schoolbreak or something?

I understand that, but I was hoping it would be a weekly event on Saturdays, around 22:00 or 20:00 MSK. I am still willing to put the effort into this idea, if the community has a high support for it. Otherwise I will lock and delete this topic.

#11 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8313 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

I understand that, but I was hoping it would be a weekly event on Saturdays, around 22:00 or 20:00 MSK. I am still willing to put the effort into this idea, if the community has a high support for it. Otherwise I will lock and delete this topic.

Ok Dragontanker, I do.

#12 In98

In98

Lieutenant Colonel

• 325 posts
  • HomeU.S.A

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

Go for it ,please don't delete this tournament.

#13 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

⭐️I would like to announce that I have a team working with me on this tournament.⭐️

Currently, I have Iluvtanks and Jersh helping with this idea. If we need anymore help, we will ask for it.

Regards,

🔥D.T.🔥
  • Jersh, Iluvtanks, Tank ben and 2 others like this

#14 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8313 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

⭐️I would like to announce that I have a team working with me on this tournament.⭐️

Currently, I have Iluvtanks and Jersh helping with this idea. If we need anymore help, we will ask for it.

Regards,

🔥D.T.🔥

I would love to help, but there isn't a Way I could contact or help, because all of you work silently without asking for help :(
  • Iluvtanks likes this

#15 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • 1914 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

I would love to help, but there isn't a Way I could contact or help, because all of you work silently without asking for help :(

Randy, you can still help us out by making suggestions as to how the tournament could be structured, and we will take everyones' requests into consideration.

#16 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Community Contest Coordinator

• Community Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1859 posts
  • HomeWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Indeed we will.

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity." - Unknown

#17 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

good luck

• Iluvtanks likes this

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#18 Jersh

Jersh

Captain

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

As I said before, I love the idea of tournments. You may be able to set certain tournments for one tank One week could be abrams, other C1, patton, etc.... I was thinking picking the most played tanks in game, base your tournment off thos tanks. There is a wide rang of tanks, but the players in game usually tend to stick with the tank they feel fit for them.... It's a win, win, or lose lose situation. If you were running a 4 tank tourney, I'l have a 5 lvl structure....... For example a tank tourny would be for tanks 18-23, 22-28, 25-30, 28-33, 30-35, 32-38, 35-40, 38-45, 42-48, 45-51, 52-57, 55-60, 62-67, 65-71.... All these levels have a good rand of tanks that can compair with eachother. That's 14 possible tourneys each week, it can cover 3 1/2 months worth of levels, run the cycle 3 times that's 10 1/2 months of play. 

#19 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

too lazy to read all of it ._.

#20 btank2

btank2

Private

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • HomeStuttgart

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

In the list are standing i adward on tank but cant't find the Tiger :-(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, Tournament

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}