• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

When you get a health box, a positive number in green shows above your tank. We should do the same thing with air support boxes as well.

When you get an air support box it would say that you are deploying the certain aircraft. If you are deploying an aircraft, the text will be blue, like the aircraft icon's color on the air support box. Logically the color of text would be green when deploying a helicopter, due to the corresponding reason.

Here is the exact text that would show:

Deploying Aircraft! (In blue)

Deploying Helicopter! (In green)

I thought of this idea on the 22nd. So I couldn't post it then. But as I read Flamethrower's new proposal, these can go hand and hand. When you get an air support box, the commander would say the same thing. This would also help when there is a situation where you are not sure who got the box because say you got to the box at the same time as the other player did. So, if you got it you would here your commander say that you did, and the opposite would be true.

But, I'm not done yet. We could connect this with the upgrade bought radio as well. When you get the air support box, the commander would say it over the radio to your team as well. But, if you don't have the radio you can't communicate with your team. This would encourage players to buy radios as well. Hopefully the radio itself will be improved itself as well, as the quality isn't very good.

This feature could also be used with previously proposed support features, like airstrikes and satellite scans. With all of these connections of the features just this minor edit, not including other previous proposals, greatly improve the Tanktastic gameplay, and I am very happy to think of it.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#2 hitman69

hitman69

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2267 posts
  • HomeSomewhere behind hundred mountains and hundred sea.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

When you get a health box, a positive number in green shows above your tank. We should do the same thing with air support boxes as well.
When you get an air support box it would say that you are deploying the certain aircraft. If you are deploying an aircraft, the text will be blue, like the aircraft icon's color on the air support box. Logically the color of text would be green when deploying a helicopter, due to the corresponding reason.
Here is the exact text that would show:
Deploying Aircraft! (In blue)
Deploying Helicopter! (In green)
I thought of this idea on the 22nd. So I couldn't post it then. But as I read Flamethrower's new proposal, these can go hand and hand. When you get an air support box, the commander would say the same thing. This would also help when there is a situation where you are not sure who got the box because say you got to the box at the same time as the other player did. So, if you got it you would here your commander say that you did, and the opposite would be true.
But, I'm not done yet. We could connect this with the upgrade bought radio as well. When you get the air support box, the commander would say it over the radio to your team as well. But, if you don't have the radio you can't communicate with your team. This would encourage players to buy radios as well. Hopefully the radio itself will be improved itself as well, as the quality isn't very good.
This feature could also be used with previously proposed support features, like airstrikes and satellite scans. With all of these connections of the features just this minor edit, not including other previous proposals, greatly improve the Tanktastic gameplay, and I am very happy to think of it.

Wow nice,i like it.
But there is one more thing,why not add name of helli or jet?
Like;Deploying Aircraft-(name) <---In blue

Deploying Helicopter-(name) <---In green
[CRO] Crossfire

#3 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

Wow nice,i like it.
But there is one more thing,why not add name of helli or jet?
Like;Deploying Aircraft-(name) <---In blue

Deploying Helicopter-(name) <---In green

I don't think that would be necessary. They all currently, at least they should, act the same. So it wouldnt matter what the aircraft was. Too much space would be taken up as well. Players shouldn't have their sight hindered by some text like bushes and walls.

AFRIKA KORPS

#4 legitduck

legitduck

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • HomeEagle River, Alaska

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Waste of complete time aircraft are aircraft. All the same thing
He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Samuel Johnson

#5 legitduck

legitduck

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • HomeEagle River, Alaska

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

I dont think this is a good idea
He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man. - Samuel Johnson

#6 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

I like it :)

#7 Flamethrower

Flamethrower

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • HomeManhattan, New York

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

I am quite concerned this is my first day and I am trying to be as respectful as I can, but don't you think that is a little too aggressive?
  • Error 403 likes this
They see me burning

#8 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

I am quite concerned this is my first day and I am trying to be as respectful as I can, but don't you think that is a little too aggressive?

Actually, you're correct. You should have seen the last guy who did that. His name was germanleader.

You can't get to his profile?

Exactly.

AFRIKA KORPS

#9 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

He's probably mad after I destroyed- ahem, debated him on whether the the current unbalanced tanks in the game right now are actually unbalanced or not.

AFRIKA KORPS

#10 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

chillax bruh

Bow down to my dank memes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: air support, aviation, aircraft, airplane, helicopter, air strike, satellite scan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}