28 replies to this topic

#1 Feildmarshal

Feildmarshal

Brigadier

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger ("Hunting Tiger") is the common name of a German heavy tank destroyer of World War II. The official German designation was Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B as it was based on a lengthened Tiger II chassis. The ordnance inventory designation was Sd. Kfz. 186. The Jagdtiger was the heaviest armored fighting vehicle used operationally during World War II and is the heaviest tank ever to achieve series production. The vehicle carried a 128 mm PaK 44 L/55 main gun, capable of out-ranging and defeating any fielded Allied tank. It saw service in small numbers from late 1944 to the end of the war on both the Western and Eastern Front. Tiger ace Otto Carius commanded a company of Jagdtigers. His post-war memoir provides a rare combat history of the Jagdtigers which had been under his command. Although 150 were ordered, only between 77 and 88 were produced. Due to an excessive weight the Jagdtiger was continuously plagued with mechanical problems. Today, three Jagdtigers survive in museums.

Development

With the success of the StuG III, Marder I, Marder II, and Marder III in the tank destroyer role, the military leadership of Nazi Germany decided to use the chassis of existing armored fighting vehicles as the basis for self-propelled guns. German tank destroyers of World War II mostly used fixed casemates instead of moveable turrets to significantly reduce the cost, weight, and materials used for mounting large caliber guns.In early 1942 a request was made by the Army General Staff to mount a 128 mm gun on a self-propelled armored chassis. On 18 May 1942 Adolf Hitler ordered that the 128 mm gun be utilized in the tank destroyer role, rather than for infantry support.[citation needed] Firing tests of the 128 mm gun showed to have a high percentage of hits; lower caliber heavy shells such as the 88 mm and 105 mm were also tested.[1] By early 1943 a decision was made to install a 128 mm gun on a Panther or Tiger I chassis as a heavy assault gun. The Panther chassis was considered unsuitable after a wooden mockup of the design was constructed. On 20 October 1943 another wooden mockup was constructed on a Tiger II chassis, and presented to Hitler in East Prussia. Two prototypes were produced; a version with the eight road wheel Porsche suspension system (number 305001) and a version with the Henschel nine overlapping wheel suspension system (number 305002),[2] as used on the production Tiger II. They were completed in February 1944. It was originally designated as Jagdpanzer VI, but was later named the Jagdtiger.[3] It received the inventory ordnance number Sd.Kfz. 186.

Design

The Jagdtiger was a logical extension of the creation of Jagdpanzer designs from tank designs, such as the Jagdpanther from the Panther tank. The Jagdtiger used a boxy casemate superstructure, with its sides completely integral with the hull's sides, on top of a lengthened Tiger II chassis. The resulting vehicle featured very heavy armor and the 128 mm PaK 44 L/55 gun, capable of defeating any tank fielded in World War II; even at very long ranges (over 3,500 m (2.2 mi)). It had 250 mm (9.8 in) armor on the front of the casemate and 150 mm (5.9 in) on the glacis plate. The main gun mount had a limited traverse of only 10 degrees; the entire vehicle had to be turned to aim outside that narrow field of fire. The Jagdtiger suffered from a variety of mechanical and technical problems due to its immense weight and under-powered engine. The vehicle had frequent breakdowns; ultimately more Jagdtigers were lost to mechanical problems or lack of fuel than to enemy action.

Production

One hundred and fifty Jagdtigers were initially ordered[4] but only between 77 to 88 were produced from July 1944 to May 1945. Eleven of them, serial numbers 305001 and 305003 to 305012, were produced with the Porsche suspension (eight road wheels); all following used the Henschel suspension with nine road wheels. Production figures vary depending on source and other factors such as if prototypes are included and if those made after VE day are included. Approximately 48 from July 1944 to the end of December 1944; 36 from January to April 1945, serial numbers from 305001 to 305088 (such as examples from May 1945, and pre-production prototypes, and whether incomplete chassis are counted). Some sources say no more vehicles were completed after February. Towards the end some were lacking important equipment and could not be used operationally, or could not be deployed to units.

Jagdtiger_00_EM.jpg

Sd.Kfz. Jagdtiger LIMITED to 500px.jpg

For join to clan ECA Click Here.

pluoda56650.gif (Third Command in Clan ECA)

#2 Akkuullaa

Akkuullaa

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • HomeEngels

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

In russian forum, we ban those, who copies from wikipedia and other sites. And this because the copy-paste isn`t needed at the forum. By now we have great articles with more information, then on wiki.

It is very strange that here is allowed to make a copy of the text from another site, without any changes.

If you want to write me - write here

#3 Feildmarshal

Feildmarshal

Brigadier

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

In russian forum, we ban those, who copies from wikipedia and other sites. And this because the copy-paste isn`t needed at the forum. By now we have great articles with more information, then on wiki.

It is very strange that here is allowed to make a copy of the text from another site, without any changes.

Shall not be repeated and will be controlled.  

Regards 

Feildmarshal

#4 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

I am sorry if I disrespect you ma'am, but this is the English forum, this is very different from the Russian rules. I know you have been here longer than me, and you are a developer or mod, I dont know. But this isn't Illegal, he just trying to make a Jadtiger informational post, doesn't matter to copy it and paste here, it is better than getting unknown facts and guess. Sorry to bother you and waste your time ma'am

Bow down to my dank memes.

#5 penitrator

penitrator

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

I agree 100% randy
russian lady THIS IS AMERICAN FORUM

not russian deal with it

I am sorry if I disrespect you ma'am, but this is the English forum, this is very different from the Russian rules. I know you have been here longer than me, and you are a developer or mod, I dont know. But this isn't Illegal, he just trying to make a Jadtiger informational post, doesn't matter to copy it and paste here, it is better than getting unknown facts and guess. Sorry to bother you and waste your time ma'am

when you see my name your already dead

#6 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

I agree 100% randy
russian lady THIS IS AMERICAN FORUM

not russian deal with it

Lol XD

#7 Akkuullaa

Akkuullaa

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • HomeEngels

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Lol, ok.

If it normal in america to do something anyhow and not worry about the quality of this, so i wouldn`t debate it.

If you want to write me - write here

#8 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

Actually, as far as I am concerned, I don't see anything wrong in this; at the most, that Feildmarshal should have added references.

Obviously enough, one should always aim at improving; however, it's just as obvious that one has to start somewhere: we must travel by stepping stones before reaching any goal.

Renzo Piano, one of most exceptional architects from his generation, didn't start his career by designing the "The New York Times Building" in Midtown, Manhattan, or the "The Shard" in London, Europe's tallest skyscraper, or again, the "Nemo Science Centre" in Amsterdam. He started his career in 1964 by taking inspiration, almost copying in many cases, from his friend and mentor Jean Prouvé, before eventually starting designing on his own.

And time, the ultimate and only judge, has shown us what he managed to accomplish.
Therefore, this is a fine work to start with, in my opinion.
Keep improving, Feildmarshal.

Best Regards;
Altank.
  • fred ditto likes this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

~Ignorantia Legis non excusat~

~Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.~

#9 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8407 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

Sorry to say something Atlank, but when it refears to real things, in this case, tanks, you just can't say something you don't officially know. I know coping is wrong, but eversince people don't know everytank's perspectives, you just can't say something without knowing, you know what I mean?

#10 Feildmarshal

Feildmarshal

Brigadier

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Actually, as far as I am concerned, I don't see anything wrong in this; at the most, that Feildmarshal should have added references.

Obviously enough, one should always aim at improving; however, it's just as obvious that one has to start somewhere: we must travel by stepping stones before reaching any goal.

Renzo Piano, one of most exceptional architects from his generation, didn't start his career by designing the "The New York Times Building" in Midtown, Manhattan, or the "The Shard" in London, Europe's tallest skyscraper, or again, the "Nemo Science Centre" in Amsterdam. He started his career in 1964 by taking inspiration, almost copying in many cases, from his friend and mentor Jean Prouvé, before eventually starting designing on his own.

And time, the ultimate and only judge, has shown us what he managed to accomplish.
Therefore, this is a fine work to start with, in my opinion.
Keep improving, Feildmarshal.

Best Regards;
Altank.

Thanks for the tips

Regrads,

Feildmarshal

#11 Flatfoot1

Flatfoot1

Captain

• PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Homein the game

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

MURICA! ....oh wait im Canadian XD

• fred ditto likes this

#12 m1 tanker

m1 tanker

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1007 posts
  • HomeBack in the Pacific!

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

Back on topic, this tank looks like a nice tank to fight the M26 Pershing as the Tiger isn't a good match for the M26, so why not add the Jagdtiger? It has a good gun,armor, and on a lesser side speed, going for it to be at low levels. At least it will be faster then a Maus but still slower then a M26.
I don't need a clan, so don't ask me to join a clan. I'm better off playing solo.

#13 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

I want the Jagdtiger to be added..;-;

• m1 tanker likes this

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#14 pvt madison

pvt madison

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • HomeLouisiana

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:00 AM

Same, now a wwII tank may match up with the tanks in game if added. Aka the tanks we have now are underpowered and if this is added, wwII may have a come back. Nothing personal devs, y'all are fine as wine lol.

Hello, i am maddy! I bet some of y'all know me and i might know you. if y'all give out trust and respect i will go to hell n back for anyone(within reason). THANKS...  Playing since 3 days after game release - Madison or Maddy...

#15 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Same, now a wwII tank may match up with the tanks in game if added. Aka the tanks we have now are underpowered and if this is added, wwII may have a come back. Nothing personal devs, y'all are fine as wine lol.

stug 3 should be added as well ._.

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#16 m1 tanker

m1 tanker

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1007 posts
  • HomeBack in the Pacific!

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:35 PM

stug 3 should be added as well ._.

Price, how many times do we have to say it? The Stug III has a low chance of being added, the Jagdtiger seems like a better choice it can go against even a T-54 and maybe a T-10M.
I don't need a clan, so don't ask me to join a clan. I'm better off playing solo.

#17 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:36 AM

Price, how many times do we have to say it? The Stug III has a low chance of being added, the Jagdtiger seems like a better choice it can go against even a T-54 and maybe a T-10M.

you've only told me WW1 tanks will never be added .-. this is the first time u are saying the StuG3 won't be added .-.

#18 Panzer-Blitz

Panzer-Blitz

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • HomeThe Q-Stein Empire

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:29 PM

My great grandfather was both a jagdtiger and Nashorn ace.....

Albert Ernst.

#19 penitrator

penitrator

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

I found the tiger 2 on google :3

when you see my name your already dead

#20 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

I found the tiger 2 on google :3

we all can ._.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: German, WWII, Jagdtiger

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}