Photo
- - - - -

Add HESH shell?

HESH shell new

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: HESH shell (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the HESH shell type be added?

1. Yes (28 votes [93.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.33%

2. No (2 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Still needs good anmo so, and also is super easy to kill Challenger 2, you can 460 dmg at its frontal armour on a fully T-90, with stock anmunition!!

Bow down to my dank memes.

#22 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

Still needs good anmo so, and also is super easy to kill Challenger 2, you can 460 dmg at its frontal armour on a fully T-90, with stock anmunition!!

This. The Challenger 2 is a good tank, but it has an extremely weak spot on the lower front glacis plate. It also has only 750-ish health, which isn't remarkably high. Couple that with 400 damage and a 2.4 second reload, and you're talking a tank that could be significantly improved without becoming overpowered. If it fired a HEAT shell, only one level of HEAT, it'd be a better tank than it currently is and it wouldn't be rated any higher. Admittedly the rating only tells part of the story, but the Challenger 2 is also rather slower than most tanks it encounters when maxed. It can be competitive with a good driver, but it's very far from being a Merkava. It'll always be a defensive tank thanks to the low top speed - at least give it a fighting chance by giving it some decent ammo.
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

#23 USMC Sniper

USMC Sniper

Old Man of the Forums

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts
  • HomeTanktastic Retirement Home for Senior Moderators

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Chally 2 is supposed to have good armor, I don't see it. I left mine at lvl 61 were it's a great performer unless of course I run into the occasional low lvl type 10. Give it better ammo and I would definitely max it otherwise...

#24 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

well the multiquoting thing for comments is being weird right now and all the quotes keep dissapearing, so ill do this in a makeshift style:

fierro just dont vote. but yeah i believe you and many player will be like that. not caring then complaing its op

would only british tanks use this shell? if that is so then it wouldnt be a good additon to tanktastic since players would just buy the british tanks.

it would be cool to add it since its does a unique thing.

there was so much reading in this topic, and i read it all. im gonna say yes.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#25 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • HomeSouthwest USA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

High Explosive Squash Head ammunition. I think it would be a good idea to add this to the British tanks that are lacking HEAT, as It would be a good alternative. Bad against spaced, good against HEAT, but only on the British tanks.

Rats! I don't have a British tank!

#26 warwolf12

warwolf12

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • HomeStranded on a Dessert hunting with some Wolf Pack

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

I'm thinking HESH shell is to be added,some did say HESH shell do less penetration than HEAT. think about T-90(max) your on a Chally 2 and your being flanked on your sides and you shoot at his side and its repells the shell then it would be over for you because you didn't have the maneuverability to put flanked the T-90.
"Just do What is Best for you" -warwolf15

#27 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

would only british tanks use this shell? if that is so then it wouldnt be a good additon to tanktastic since players would just buy the british tanks.

Britain is the primary user of HESH since their tanks still use rifled barrels, but the US also uses the same types of shells, under the name HEP (High Explosive, Plastic).

"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

#28 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

As most vote yes i will talk with an admin and a dev and see what they say.

text.png

#29 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Q:How can you make a vote chart??

#30 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

so its only britian and us?

AFRIKA KORPS

#31 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

According to Wikipedia (which cannot tell a lie), besides the USA and the UK, China, Sweden, India, and Israel also use HESH/HEP rounds. Canada also fires a HESH round in their Leopard C1 and C2 tanks. Which means the major tanks firing HESH would be the Arjun, Type 99, Abrams, Leo1 & 2, Challenger 1 & 2, Merkava, Magach, M60, and the Chieftain. There'd be a few others, but the list wouldn't be long.

#32 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Thanks barry ;)

#33 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

Q:How can you make a vote chart??

When you make a topic on the right side it says managa Poll.

• nickecr99 and randy12345 like this

text.png

#34 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

According to Wikipedia (which cannot tell a lie), besides the USA and the UK, China, Sweden, India, and Israel also use HESH/HEP rounds. Canada also fires a HESH round in their Leopard C1 and C2 tanks. Which means the major tanks firing HESH would be the Arjun, Type 99, Abrams, Leo1 & 2, Challenger 1 & 2, Merkava, Magach, M60, and the Chieftain. There'd be a few others, but the list wouldn't be long.

Abrams with HESH rounds hmm I like that idea haha bye bye arty

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#35 FIERRO

FIERRO

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

fierro just dont vote. but yeah i believe you and many player will be like that. not caring then complaing its op

If anything you'll be one of those players, I've seen your past posts... Lol

I've never considered any tank OP.

#36 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

cool thanks then yeah i would like it in the game as it would be in many tanks.

AFRIKA KORPS

#37 Totonho99

Totonho99

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1804 posts
  • HomePorto Alegre, Brazil

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Abrams with HESH rounds hmm I like that idea haha bye bye arty

you do know that it kinda works 2 ways, right? while it will be good against arty, tanks without spaced armor (abrams, for instance), will kinda suffer a lot as well. eh... the chally 2 is gonna be the only tank with decent spaced armor that fires it anyway. so non-spaced armor MBTs will be glass cannons.

Killing stuff since 19a

#38 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

you do know that it kinda works 2 ways, right? while it will be good against arty, tanks without spaced armor (abrams, for instance), will kinda suffer a lot as well. eh... the chally 2 is gonna be the only tank with decent spaced armor that fires it anyway. so non-spaced armor MBTs will be glass cannons.

true but you've seen me use different shells on a fly so you know I would choose the best shell for the situation at hand which yes I would use HESH mainly against Artillery and no spaced armor tanks I would probably still use HEAT more against Abrams for I sense that even with the Abrams you would have to get to its sides to do anything with HESH where as HEAT does great damage anywhere on a non spaced tank
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#39 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

When you make a topic on the right side it says managa Poll.

Thanks nicker ;)

#40 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

true but you've seen me use different shells on a fly so you know I would choose the best shell for the situation at hand which yes I would use HESH mainly against Artillery and no spaced armor tanks I would probably still use HEAT more against Abrams for I sense that even with the Abrams you would have to get to its sides to do anything with HESH where as HEAT does great damage anywhere on a non spaced tank

Also, it must be limited, eversince is OP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HESH, shell, new

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}