Photo
- - - - -

Add HESH shell?

HESH shell new

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: HESH shell (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the HESH shell type be added?

1. Yes (28 votes [93.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.33%

2. No (2 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

Use the Poll for vote.

text.png

#2 FIERRO

FIERRO

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

You forgot to put the, I don't don't care option.

#3 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

Why? Now say idc and later cry cause its OP!

text.png

#4 DigitalCrow

DigitalCrow

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1097 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

I think they should add it, however only for certain tanks and upgrade to a reasonable level as not to make it too OP.

#5 FIERRO

FIERRO

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Why? Now say idc and later cry cause its OP!

Newbies cry, I myself don't care. I adapt to whatever's is added. That's the reason I asked for a alternative option.image.jpg

#6 elderby22

elderby22

The Emperor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • HomeMars

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

An explode button would be nice then :D
But I think it wouldn't work very well. How would you guys think how it works? You shoot the enemy and some seconds later it explodes? That for example would be pretty annoying in my opinion because if you killed a player he shoots you in the last milliseconds of his live and it explodes seconds after his death so that you are death. It would be nice to hear your opinions.

hh9mwsu2.jpg

#7 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

An explode button would be nice then :D
But I think it wouldn't work very well. How would you guys think how it works? You shoot the enemy and some seconds later it explodes? That for example would be pretty annoying in my opinion because if you killed a player he shoots you in the last milliseconds of his live and it explodes seconds after his death so that you are death. It would be nice to hear your opinions.

It works like HEAT. Would be very good for killing arty.

text.png

#8 hah gei

hah gei

JP

• PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • HomeSlovenia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

Arty isn't a problem for me
I kill them for my breakfast
Spartans don't ask how many but where they are - some greek guy (forgot his name)<p>
The best defence against a nuclear bomb is not to be there when it goes off-unknown

#9 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Arty isn't a problem for me
I kill them for my breakfast

I'm sure they are if player are good.

text.png

#10 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

HESH (High Explosive Squash Head) rounds are an explosive energy projectile, not kinetic energy like AP or APDS. They concentrate energy on a specific part of a tank's armor to cause maximum damage, as opposed to HE rounds which are simply filled with high explosive. The shell is filled with plastic explosive, which on impact spreads out over the tank's armor and then detonates milliseconds later. HEAT shells work by focusing the majority of the shell's explosive force on the smallest area possible for maximum penetration; HESH shells cause somewhat less damage to a considerably larger area of the target, and yet cause more damage than an HE shell as more of the explosive material is in contact with the target.

HESH would be even more easily defeated by spaced armor than HEAT, but would also be somewhat more effective against reactive armor. Against regular armor it would be basically equivalent to HEAT but with better accuracy.

Obviously, not all tanks would fire HESH; not all tanks fire HEAT, HE, ATM, etc.
  • pvt madison, OLPAINLESS and Feildmarshal like this
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

#11 OLPAINLESS

OLPAINLESS

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • HomeBrick Town, N.J.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

I think it should only be in british tanks , and also it should have a small splash radius and do less splash the standard H.E. since it is a more direct hit type shell, i think it would also be better on a tank like the type10 so ppl cant be stupid and use nothing but the over powered splash to kill ppl
  • Pikachu77 and fred ditto like this
DONT FIGHT UNLESS U HAVE TO, IF U AVE TO FIGHT THEN DONT LOSE!!! Ol'Painless >:D

#12 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

It's a good idea I do like it but it would need to be um...not up to real life stats...for we truly don't need a shell that's more powerful then HEAT for you would pretty much be able to kill any tank in 2 shots if it is better then HEAT what I think HESH should be is the equivalent of HEAT but for British tanks...now the question remains...would we be able to upgrade it to make it more powerful? Or will it come as it is? Cause most the British tanks either boast high speed(FV101, and Striker) and average damage and high armor(challenger 2). So the real question is do these tanks really need more damage hm...I think not challenger 2 is fairly hard to kill unless from the front or back ends plus it's fairly small for a MBT which makes me think a damage boost may um...make the challenger 2 OP and don't get me started with the FV101 which in my opinion is very overpowered until maxed even then it needs a slight damage nerf I say if HESH was to be added to make these British tanks more powerful they both would need to get a nerf somewhere else on the stats. I like the idea though so I say yes but we do need to keep the thought of balance in our minds as well
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#13 _In_PlaiN_SighT_

_In_PlaiN_SighT_

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Newbies cry, I myself don't care. I adapt to whatever's is added. That's the reason I asked for a alternative option.

I have to agree with these..
KJ05QZC.jpg

#14 nickecr99

nickecr99

Sergeant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

Newbies cry, I myself don't care. I adapt to whatever's is added. That's the reason I asked for a alternative option.

So you don't vote for anything!

text.png

#15 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

I think it should only be in british tanks , and also it should have a small splash radius and do less splash the standard H.E. since it is a more direct hit type shell, i think it would also be better on a tank like the type10 so ppl cant be stupid and use nothing but the over powered splash to kill ppl

I've found the opposite, that tanks like the Type 10 are the worst when it comes to using HE. They don't have to aim accurately; they just spam their HE shells into clusters of enemy tanks and let the splash damage do the dirty work. In 1v1 fighting, again, they don't have to aim accurately to cause damage, and their high ROF and spaced armor means they can get off enough shots to take down their enemy even if they never get a clean hit on him. I'd much rather see the Type 10 have it's ability to fire HE ammo taken away. My personal preference is to use AP against tanks with spaced armor, APDS against anything Russian, and HEAT against tanks which aren't likely to repel my shots. HE offers a good compromise between HEAT and AP for most tanks, but it's virtually useless against Russian tanks. More often I use AP or HEAT when I have to face a wide variety of tank types. Fact of the day: Unless I get a clean shot at the underbelly of a Russian tank with HE, I never do more than 150 damage and seldom reach that. With APDS, I can easily do 170 damage to the side of a T-90 with my Abrams.

Britain is the primary user of HESH since their tanks still use rifled barrels, but the US also uses the same types of shells, under the name HEP (High Explosive, Plastic). I don't think all tanks should fire HESH, but before that happens I still wish fewer tanks fired HE. HE is the biggest reason the Type 10 has dominated TT for the last few updates.

What if HESH did 15% less damage than HEAT and repelled even more easily, but also did 20% more damage if a critical area was struck? Penetration would be inferior to HEAT and so damaging the engine or ammo storage would be more difficult, but the trade off would be even more damage done if a shell managed to penetrate to a vital area? That should provide adequate balance and prevent the shell from being OP.
  • fred ditto likes this
"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."- John 3:3

#16 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • HomeSouthwest USA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

What's a HESH shell?

#17 Davis11

Davis11

Vice Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

High Explosive Squash Head ammunition. I think it would be a good idea to add this to the British tanks that are lacking HEAT, as It would be a good alternative. Bad against spaced, good against HEAT, but only on the British tanks.
As stealthy as a pit viper, as fast as a horned viper, and as dangerous as a gaboon viper. 🐍

#18 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

As I stated above balance to the shells is very important I remember back in 18-19A when HEAT was even more powerful then it is now it used to 1-2 shot any tank that came in contact without spaced armor so having the HESH be more like the HEAT shells most tanks we have right now is a good balanced idea although I do think some tanks stats will need some changing if HESH shells are added... FV101 is for sure one now the Challenger 2 would also probably be erm OP do to its average reload but high armor so I say a slight nerf to the armor if HESH is added...let me know if that seems unfair.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#19 Barry Friendly

Barry Friendly

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • HomeHopelessly lost

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

As I stated above balance to the shells is very important I remember back in 18-19A when HEAT was even more powerful then it is now it used to 1-2 shot any tank that came in contact without spaced armor so having the HESH be more like the HEAT shells most tanks we have right now is a good balanced idea although I do think some tanks stats will need some changing if HESH shells are added... FV101 is for sure one now the Challenger 2 would also probably be erm OP do to its average reload but high armor so I say a slight nerf to the armor if HESH is added...let me know if that seems unfair.

Challenger 2 only does 400-ish damage, which is 115 less than an Abrams or Type 99 and is 70 less than a Type 10. The Challenger 2 maxes out at level 66 while the other three tanks mentioned are either 67 (Type 10) or 69 (Abrams and Type 99). There's no reason why the Challenger 2 shouldn't fire a HESH shell and max out at level 68 or 69; it only has one level of each ammo type, anyway.

Definitely agree on the Scorpion. That thing has way too much firepower - it should have about half the firepower and twice the reload, with no HE shell (lest it become the next Type 10).

#20 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

All I am saying about the challenger 2 is um its armor is insane if it had around 465 damage it would be okay anymore and it's going to be the 19A merk with a quick reload speed instead of a derp speed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HESH, shell, new

4 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}