#21 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • HomeGreat Britain, England.

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Thank you for sharing this story.
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#22 TheTigerTank

TheTigerTank

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1548 posts
  • HomeUSA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

They say they're making a movie about this event! If that's true, I'm gonna see it!
"Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is; the tree is the real thing." -Abraham Lincoln
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu
"You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all." -Warrior

#23 OLPAINLESS

OLPAINLESS

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • HomeBrick Town, N.J.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

I remeber readin about this in a WW2 encyclapedia, turns out even enemys can be ur greatest allie
DONT FIGHT UNLESS U HAVE TO, IF U AVE TO FIGHT THEN DONT LOSE!!! Ol'Painless >:D

#24 Totonho99

Totonho99

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1804 posts
  • HomePorto Alegre, Brazil

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

I remeber readin about this in a WW2 encyclapedia, turns out even enemys can be ur greatest allie

and your ally can be your biggest enemy *points at FF'd abramses in iraq*
Killing stuff since 19a

#25 Iluvtanks

Iluvtanks

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

I read a book by Eric Walters of which I believe revolved around this. Great job.

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity." - Unknown

#26 Feildmarshal

Feildmarshal

Brigadier

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

Nice topic!

For join to clan ECA Click Here.

pluoda56650.gif (Third Command in Clan ECA)

#27 hitman69

hitman69

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2258 posts
  • HomeSomewhere behind hundred mountains and hundred sea.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

Great work
[CRO] Crossfire

#28 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • HomeNorth Central Texas

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

right now I'm wondering how that B-17 is still in the air...I mean look how damaged it is and part of its rear rudder/flap has been shot off ._.

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#29 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

right now I'm wondering how that B-17 is still in the air...I mean look how damaged it is and part of its rear rudder/flap has been shot off ._.

Is a B-17 bro, that is why that thing managed to maybe survive the 4x 30 mm cannons the ME-262 had when the intercepted them at the closing stages of the war.

Anyways, the ME-109 wasn't that high armed as it had 2 7.7 my machine-gun and 2 20 mm, and as I heard, during the WWII, the German 20 mm weren't that effective..

Bow down to my dank memes.

#30 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

Is a B-17 bro, that is why that thing managed to maybe survive the 4x 30 mm cannons the ME-262 had when the intercepted them at the closing stages of the war.

Anyways, the ME-109 wasn't that high armed as it had 2 7.7 my machine-gun and 2 20 mm, and as I heard, during the WWII, the German 20 mm weren't that effective..

there is also the deadly 88mm AA Flak gun.....

kill my friends or kill any member of AMMO, UNIT, or my clan (ROSE), my gf, heavy unit k9, or any low lvl/small tank and I will show no mercy to him (take note: I'm short tempered meaning I'm easy to make mad)

#31 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

there is also the deadly 88mm AA Flak gun.....

We are talking about Aircraft, not AA guns. Plus, the German 88 mm AA flak gun where very ineffective against the swarm of American B-17 squadrons. That is why they used them as Anti-Tank role.

#32 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:51 AM

they started using it as Anti-Tank later in the war, it was supposed to be an AA gun 

#33 Bane

Bane

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • HomeGRIM REAPER 4Life

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

Heh cute sig pricey
RC8xJip.png

STAT's most valuable member ♛★♛Undefeated 48-0♛★♛

#34 m1 tanker

m1 tanker

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1007 posts
  • HomeBack in the Pacific!

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

It depends on the BF 109 the early 109s had that armament, sometimes will a 20mm MG FF, or MG FF/M cannons through the proplar hub. Then you get the mid/late 109s like the  mid/late G series, the K series, which had more firepower. Also it matters on 20mm you are talking about, the MG 151 which is also a 15mm and a 20mm cannon are better then the MG-FF and the MG-FF/M. Kinda like how people say the german's 30mm cannons were bad, but the one they are talking about is the short barreled MK 108(which is shorter then the M2 browing MG!), the MK 103 is much better due the better muzzle velocity, etc. Sorry for it being long .

I don't need a clan, so don't ask me to join a clan. I'm better off playing solo.

#35 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

Heh cute sig pricey

u shush .-.

#36 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

It depends on the BF 109 the early 109s had that armament, sometimes will a 20mm MG FF, or MG FF/M cannons through the proplar hub. Then you get the mid/late 109s like the mid/late G series, the K series, which had more firepower. Also it matters on 20mm you are talking about, the MG 151 which is also a 15mm and a 20mm cannon are better then the MG-FF and the MG-FF/M. Kinda like how people say the german's 30mm cannons were bad, but the one they are talking about is the short barreled MK 108(which is shorter then the M2 browing MG!), the MK 103 is much better due the better muzzle velocity, etc. Sorry for it being long .

Well, I got kind of too away, you are right. But keep in mind, almost none of the BF109 variants got to do any serious role on war, rather than the BF 109G-6 which was the most produced 109 out of all variants. This had 2x 13mm machineguns and 3x 20mm cannons. Don't get to carried away with War Thunder aircraft facts, because they aren't 100℅ accurate.

#37 CaptainPrice

CaptainPrice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

Well, I got kind of too away, you are right. But keep in mind, almost none of the BF109 variants got to do any serious role on war, rather than the BF 109G-6 which was the most produced 109 out of all variants. This had 2x 13mm machineguns and 3x 20mm cannons. Don't get to carried away with War Thunder aircraft facts, because they aren't 100℅ accurate.

Me 262 .-.

#38 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8390 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

Me 262 .-.

Don't try to stop our discussion -.-

ME262 would had been an very significant thing on the European war, they already had the design and everything in 1943, but because of hitler stupidity, to make a ground attack aircraft( which was the Arado 234) the plan was cancelled and brought back on 1945, when war was 2 months from ending.

#39 hitman69

hitman69

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2258 posts
  • HomeSomewhere behind hundred mountains and hundred sea.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

They say they're making a movie about this event! If that's true, I'm gonna see it!

Really?
[CRO] Crossfire

#40 m1 tanker

m1 tanker

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1007 posts
  • HomeBack in the Pacific!

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

I wasn't using war thunder, I actually did some research on the 109, the MG 151, FF, FF/M, MK 108, and MK 103. Also yes, they did a moderate impact in the air war, they were excellent in fighter role, sure they couldn't out turn a spitfire but they can out run them, but it had a minor impact on the war in total. It served alongside the FW 190.

Don't try to stop our discussion -.-
ME262 would had been an very significant thing on the European war, they already had the design and everything in 1943, but because of hitler stupidity, to make a ground attack aircraft( which was the Arado 234) the plan was cancelled and brought back on 1945, when war was 2 months from ending.

Also the germans started developing the jet engine in the 30s and they could of built a jet fighter in the mid-late 30s, but thanks to Hitler's stupidity. He decided that there was no need to have a jet fighter, which ultimately cost him the war.(disregarding the stupid idea to fight the "Sickle and Hammer" or the USSR)
I don't need a clan, so don't ask me to join a clan. I'm better off playing solo.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}