138 replies to this topic

#21 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

I love to shoot a BE from behind starting its engine on fire and watch as the BE user panics cause i one shot them

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#22 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

Following the release of patch 1.21, the Review has been updated.

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

~Ignorantia Legis non excusat~

~Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.~

#23 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • HomeFrom the lands where the ground never thaws; beneath the scorched sky, where the clouds are torn and rent.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

Following the release of patch 1.22, the Review has been updated.

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

#24 OLPAINLESS

OLPAINLESS

Major General

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • HomeBrick Town, N.J.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

Very nicely done altank, very helpful, i always thought the B.E. as a paper tank (a tank that never left planing stages), otherwise i like what they did to the B.E. its still leathal but its balanced
DONT FIGHT UNLESS U HAVE TO, IF U AVE TO FIGHT THEN DONT LOSE!!! Ol'Painless >:D

#25 paladinpro

paladinpro

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

BEs are my bain... I certainly will try and defeat using these guidelines. ..

If and when you are ready to do a review on the K9 I might be able to offer some input.

#26 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

as ive said before the black eagle was perfect in 19a, also my favorite update. but now it was op, then it was usless, even thought its the highest level in the game. we should change it back to around where its stats was in 19a. also the low health pool being low as an advantage is not true at all. the more helath you got, the better because it doesnt slow you down like defense. if it can heeal up fast doesnt mean that its good, if a tank is at 3/4 health at 800 and his max is 600 means nothing. the tank with more health is better, if you dont add in armor though.

AFRIKA KORPS

Remember, I'm not recruiting and I never will be

#27 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

as ive said before the black eagle was perfect in 19a, also my favorite update. but now it was op, then it was usless, even thought its the highest level in the game. we should change it back to around where its stats was in 19a. also the low health pool being low as an advantage is not true at all. the more helath you got, the better because it doesnt slow you down like defense. if it can heeal up fast doesnt mean that its good, if a tank is at 3/4 health at 800 and his max is 600 means nothing. the tank with more health is better, if you dont add in armor though.

BE is using similar stats to 19A that's why it sucks all other tanks have gotten buffs
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#28 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

Obviously enough, armor is taken into consideration in said statement: in-game, the damage dealt by enemy units and that gets mitigated by your tank's armor is, in most of the cases, strictly connected to your tank's amount of hit points, for balancing reasons.

For instance, you should need the same amount of solid shots to take down a K1 and a T-90A, even though the former has almost no armor whatsoever, whereas the latter is one of the most heavily armoured units in the whole game.

Why does this happen? Because of the different amounts of hit points the two tanks feature: the K1 has almost twice the hit points the T-90A has.

Now, the health boxes always restore about the same amount of hit points (some 550) regardless of the tank you are using.

At this point, it should appear pretty obvious that having a low health pool is indeed a solid upside, in some cases: if, while engaging an enemy tank and being rather low on health, let's say around 25%, I take a health box while using a K1, my health would get restored only to around 75%; if, in the exact same situation, I take a health box while using a T-90A, my health would instead get restored to 100%.

As a result, in this case, it's more likely that you will win the fight while using a T-90A instead of a K1.

As armor levels don't change during the battle, unlike the amounts of hit points, it's plain to see that it can indeed be seen as an upside, besides being, however, an undeniable downside. And that's exactly why the whole low health pool question is in both the "Pros" and the "Cons" sections of the Review.

• Totonho99 likes this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

#29 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

Obviously enough, armor is taken into consideration in said statement: in-game, the damage dealt by enemy units and that gets mitigated by your tank's armor is, in most of the cases, strictly connected to your tank's amount of hit points, for balancing reasons.

For instance, you should need the same amount of solid shots to take down a K1 and a T-90A, even though the former has almost no armor whatsoever, whereas the latter is one of the most heavily armoured units in the whole game.

Why does this happen? Because of the different amounts of hit points the two tanks feature: the K1 has almost twice the hit points the T-90A has.

Now, the health boxes always restore about the same amount of hit points (some 550) regardless of the tank you are using.

At this point, it should appear pretty obvious that having a low health pool is indeed a solid upside, in some cases: if, while engaging an enemy tank and being rather low on health, let's say around 25%, I take a health box while using a K1, my health would get restored only to around 75%; if, in the exact same situation, I take a health box while using a T-90A, my health would instead get restored to 100%.

As a result, in this case, it's more likely that you will win the fight while using a T-90A instead of a K1.

As armor levels don't change during the battle, unlike the amounts of hit points, it's plain to see that it can indeed be seen as an upside, besides being, however, an undeniable downside. And that's exactly why the whole low health pool question is in both the "Pros" and the "Cons" sections of the Review.

yes, but health is health. if you had 500 health on a tank that has it 75% filled and a tank with 500 health that has 100% filled it wouldnt matter. the health is the same. it doesnt really matter about the percentage of your health, its how much health you have. the tank might have a low percentage of health but it simply means that that tank could still get some more. it just can hold more health at one time. if your max health was only 200 in high level games you could heal fast, but you could only heal so your health is up to 200.

AFRIKA KORPS

#30 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

yes, but health is health. if you had 500 health on a tank that has it 75% filled and a tank with 500 health that has 100% filled it wouldnt matter. the health is the same. it doesnt really matter about the percentage of your health, its how much health you have. the tank might have a low percentage of health but it simply means that that tank could still get some more. it just can hold more health at one time. if your max health was only 200 in high level games you could heal fast, but you could only heal so your health is up to 200.

You didn't see my point, even though it was even you that concluded your first message about this question with, relata refero: "the tank with more health is better, if you dont add in armor though." 

Obviously enough, in my statement, regarding how the low health pool may be seen as an upside, amour is indeed taken into consideration: in fact, in Tanktastic, for balancing reasons, the amount of hit points any tank features is usually strictly connected to its amount of armour: just take a look at the heavily armoured tanks like the T-90A, the T-72, the Black Eagle and so on; you will notice they have a low health pool, for, as said above, balancing reasons. Similarly, the thinly armoured ones, like the 2S25 Sprut-SD, the K1 and so on, feature, instead, a much higher amount of hit points.

Now, let's imagine again a hypothetical engagement using a Type 99, the first time against a T-90A and the second time against a K1. 

In both the cases you will need around four solid shots to kill both the T-90A and the K1; for what concerns the former, because of the high amount of armour and the low amount of hit points it features, the latter, on the contrary, because of the low amount of armour and the high amount of hit points it features.

Now, let's take into consideration a particular moment of said engagement: you have scored three solid shots against your enemy, reducing their amount of hit points to around 25%. whether your enemy is using a T-90A or a K1, because of the reasons explained right above.

However, at this point, your enemy manages to get a health box. The situation, unlike what happens previously, changes depending on the tank your opponent is using, because the health boxes always restore around a certain amount of hit points (some 550), regardless of the tank.

If your opponent, while using a T-90A, manages to get a health box once you have brought its health down to 25%, the tank's hit points will get completely restored, because of the low health pool this tank features and, subsequently because of the lower amount of hit points it needs to get its health completely restored. As a result you will now have to score again four solid shots to take your enemy down.

If your opponent, while using, instead, a K1, manages to get a health box once you have brought its health down to 25%, the tank's hit points won't be completely restored, but only to around 75%, because of the higher health pool this tank features and, subsequently, because of the higher amount of hit points it needs to get its health completely restored. As a result you will now have to score just three solid shots to take your enemy down, instead of the four you would if the tank's health pool was at 100%.

It's plain to see that, in this scenario, it's much more likely the T-90A to win the engagement than the K1: the tank with less hit points has an advantage over the one with more health points; as a result, the lower amount of hit points a tank features, besides being an undeniable downside, and, in fact, the low health pool matter is present in the "Cons" section of the Review, may also be regarded as an upside, in cases like this one, which, let me say that, happen very often, and that's why the low health pool matter is present in the "Pros" section as well.

• Barry Friendly likes this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

#31 _In_PlaiN_SighT_

_In_PlaiN_SighT_

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Best Tank :) Imo
KJ05QZC.jpg

#32 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

You didn't see my point, even though it was even you that concluded your first message about this question with, relata refero: "the tank with more health is better, if you dont add in armor though." 

Obviously enough, in my statement, regarding how the low health pool may be seen as an upside, amour is indeed taken into consideration: in fact, in Tanktastic, for balancing reasons, the amount of hit points any tank features is usually strictly connected to its amount of armour: just take a look at the heavily armoured tanks like the T-90A, the T-72, the Black Eagle and so on; you will notice they have a low health pool, for, as said above, balancing reasons. Similarly, the thinly armoured ones, like the 2S25 Sprut-SD, the K1 and so on, feature, instead, a much higher amount of hit points.

Now, let's imagine again a hypothetical engagement using a Type 99, the first time against a T-90A and the second time against a K1. 

In both the cases you will need around four solid shots to kill both the T-90A and the K1; for what concerns the former, because of the high amount of armour and the low amount of hit points it features, the latter, on the contrary, because of the low amount of armour and the high amount of hit points it features.

Now, let's take into consideration a particular moment of said engagement: you have scored three solid shots against your enemy, reducing their amount of hit points to around 25%. whether your enemy is using a T-90A or a K1, because of the reasons explained right above.

However, at this point, your enemy manages to get a health box. The situation, unlike what happens previously, changes depending on the tank your opponent is using, because the health boxes always restore around a certain amount of hit points (some 550), regardless of the tank.

If your opponent, while using a T-90A, manages to get a health box once you have brought its health down to 25%, the tank's hit points will get completely restored, because of the low health pool this tank features and, subsequently because of the lower amount of hit points it needs to get its health completely restored. As a result you will now have to score again four solid shots to take your enemy down.

If your opponent, while using, instead, a K1, manages to get a health box once you have brought its health down to 25%, the tank's hit points won't be completely restored, but only to around 75%, because of the higher health pool this tank features and, subsequently, because of the higher amount of hit points it needs to get its health completely restored. As a result you will now have to score just three solid shots to take your enemy down, instead of the four you would if the tank's health pool was at 100%.

It's plain to see that, in this scenario, it's much more likely the T-90A to win the engagement than the K1: the tank with less hit points has an advantage over the one with more health points; as a result, the lower amount of hit points a tank features, besides being an undeniable downside, and, in fact, the low health pool matter is present in the "Cons" section of the Review, may also be regarded as an upside, in cases like this one, which, let me say that, happen very often, and that's why the low health pool matter is present in the "Pros" section as well.

ok makes sense. thanks :)

AFRIKA KORPS

#33 Feildmarshal

Feildmarshal

Brigadier

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

BE is strongest tank in world?

For join to clan ECA Click Here.

pluoda56650.gif (Third Command in Clan ECA)

#34 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

BE is strongest tank in world?

BE officially only exist as a prototype fieldmarshal

#35 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1432 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

my brain exploded

RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#36 ghost soul

ghost soul

Captain

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

That's why you are a mod and you deserve it bro
dWyg0QY.jpg
in everyone life its will come we all die onese but our soul still Alive they watch everything

#37 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Who didnt know Black Eagles wherent prototypes, they have been since the 90's

Bow down to my dank memes.

#38 Unknown 4249

Unknown 4249

Official Wiki Admin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4711 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

"Imagination more important that knowledge."

-Albert Einstein

AFRIKA KORPS

#39 randy12345

randy12345

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8408 posts
  • HomeBorn in Leeds, England (Used to be NYC, now's Newark, New Jersey)

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

-Albert Einstein

Nice quote

Bow down to my dank memes.

#40 Altank

Altank

~Everlasting Alpha~

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

-Albert Einstein

As much as I admire Albert Einstein, I don't agree with him in this regard. Though, it entirely depends on what he actually intended with that.

Imagination is strictly tethered to knowledge; however, the latter is, in a certain way, much more important, as it is the source of the former: by imagining we bend knowledge to our will, we reshape things we know, apparently, without any limitation.

However, our imagination is subdued to knowledge, to the things we know: by imagining we take and combine an indefinite amount of elements, "atoms of known things" as I like to call them, that are stored in our memory and, importantly, in our subconscious, which is, in fact, an alternative storehouse of one's knowledge, as defined by Locke and Kristof, thus creating something "new"; but which is, in reality, subdued to the amount of "atoms of known things" stored, possessed, and as such to knowledge itself.

The more you know, the more you can imagine. And indeed, imagination is extremely important, even more important that knowledge in a certain way, in the sense that is the principal agent of progress of mankind. We have achieved much, because we could imagine it; we will achieve much more, because we will come to know much more.

If it hadn't been for birds, we would have hardly imagined about being able to fly; and even in that case it would have owed to something like having seen leaves being carried away by the wind.

And it's because of this reason that I maintain that knowledge is the most important thing: to reach a certain place by car you have to drive all the way to said place, but, first of all, you need fuel.

I hope I have been clear enough (surely not): there would be so much more to say and discuss about it.
  • _In_PlaiN_SighT_ likes this

7TPwwPK.gif

~Dura Lex, Sed Lex~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Altanks Reviews, Black Eagle Review, Chapter I

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}