World War II Tiger ace German Eastern Front

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 cmerry65

cmerry65

Field Marshal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • HomeThe Once Great USA...The Place That I Still Love.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Wonder which sherman firefly commander shoot micheal wittmans tiger and destroyed it

One theory is that Wittmann's Tiger was destroyed by an RP-3 rocket fired by allied planes, though no record of any tanks being destroyed in the battle can be found in the records of the RAF's 2nd Tactical Air Force.

Another claim is that Joe Elkins, of the 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry, 3 Troop, "A" Squadron, gunner in a Sherman Firefly, has also been credited with taking out Wittmann's Tiger. This was the most widely accepted version of Wittmann's death.

Lastly, another plausible theory is that a tank from "A" Squadron, The Sherbrooke Fusiliers Regiment, 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, commanded by Major Sydney Radley-Walters, were the ones responsible for the destruction of Wittmann.

Credits: I referenced the Wikipedia article on Wittmann that can be found at: http://en.m.wikipedi...ichael_Wittmann

ICH BIN EIN BERLINER!!! ("I am a jelly doughnut!")President John F. Kennedy, June 26, 1963 speech, Berlin, Germany. MOTTO OF THE NINJA CARNIVORES (TNC)!

#22 Reventer

Reventer

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2427 posts
  • HomeJakarta, The Republic Of Indonesia [RI]

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

Ok

You are brought down, will you stand up an.fight once more.will you fall helplessly for fate to come. As long as that handgun stick to your fingers... as long as you got your bullets armed...one can never surrender for what he trusts, a goal, a dream, a passion on what he knows belongs for the greater good. So ill ask you again, will you get up or fall?

#23 Pikachu77

Pikachu77

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • HomeSomewhere on Planet Earth.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

The other one I know of is Ernst Barkmann, the SS Panzer ace in one of the other posts I've put in the "Historical Notes" section. There may be more "Ernsts" that I were Panzer Aces that I haven't read about yet.

oh yeah because i remembered u put some tank ace that Ernest in his name...

Pikachu77, the Yellow Thunder!
Proud member of the clan [HAWK]

#24 Tankace99

Tankace99

Lieutenant

• In-game Senior Moderator
  • 218 posts
  • HomeGermany 󾓨

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

German tanks and there crews,was the best in WWII.respect again cmerry!

#25 Panzer-Blitz

Panzer-Blitz

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • HomeThe Q-Stein Empire

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

great grandfather, Albert Ernst, Blitz, and found him be quite a brave and accomplished soldier. He fought in Nashorn, Jagdpanther, and Jagdtiger tank destroyers. In 1943, he destroyed 14 Soviet tanks in one day with 21 rounds at Witebsk, after which he was known as the "Tiger of Witebsk". He was a Knight's Cross recipient and survived the war. There is existing video of he and his unit's surrender to American forces at the end of WWII. Ernst is also one of the tank aces featured in Franz Kurowski's book, "Panzer Aces", volume 1. You must be very proud, Blitz, be related to such a gre.at soldier.[/quote]

I am very proud of him. I own Panzer Aces and drew a portrait of him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World War II, Tiger, ace, German, Eastern Front

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}