Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Problems with Low Level Buffs / High Level Nerfs in Public Rooms

2.4b

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Low Level Buffs / High Level Nerfs (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this secret mechanic actually exists in public rooms?

1. Yes (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Not sure (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Do you think this mechanic should be removed (if it exists)?

1. Yes (6 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Not sure (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jbdd

Jbdd

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

I believe a lot of you are starting to notice some problems in public rooms, especially at the top level, I would like to list a few you may be familiar with:

- Fully upgraded T-14 Armata's actual damage to tanks other than M1A2 SEP TUSK and T-90MS Tagil is much lower than what is shown on the numbers, for example, it needs 4-5 APDS shells to kill an AMX-56 Leclerc with each shell inflicting more than 330 damage.

- Fully upgraded M1A2 SEP TUSK and T-90MS Tagil have the same issue as the Armata has (see the above point).

- Fully upgraded T-14 Armata, M1A2 SEP TUSK, and T-90MS Tagil get knocked out by 3 APDS shells with each shell inflicting less than 270 damage.

- T-80 survives after being hit by four HEAT rounds on its weak spots.

- TR-85M1 survives after being hit by 3 AP rounds on its sides.

- Fully upgraded Type 10 gets destroyed by just two APDS shells with each shell inflicting less than 250 damage.

- AMX-56 Leclerc destroys T-90s, Type 99s, M1A2 Abrams, BM Oplot, and Challenger 2 with just three APDS shells with each shell inflicting less than 300 damage.

- K2 Black Panther survives after being hit by two HEAT rounds from the sides.

I am not sure but I think there is a secret mechanic inside the game which increases the hit points and damage of the tanks whose levels are closer to the lower bound of the room and decreases the hit points and damage of the tanks whose levels are closer to the higher bound of the room, the percentage increase/decrease is roughly around 30-33%. This mechanic is actually no longer secretive and has been widespread on some social media with the nickname of "Below 63 Hack". There is an increasing number of people who exploit this mechanic to gain great scores and to rank up much faster than normal players (who fully upgrade their tanks) by leaving their tanks not fully upgraded and join the rooms with their tanks whose levels are closer to the lower bound of the rooms.

I have requested Error 403, our community manager, to forward this issue to the developers, the response I got is there is nothing abnormal in this. There is an example below:

62832832-bd190200-bc02-11e9-9caf-65ddf92

This person's AMX-56 Leclerc is not fully upgraded. To remove 36% of a fully upgraded Leclerc's hit points, the enemy needs to inflict 330 damage. I lose 36% of my hit points by taking less than 300 damage.

I believe many people have the similar question, but only the developers are able to explain.

Edited by Jbdd, 03 September 2019 - 04:58 PM.

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[ECA] Elite Command Army 

#2 s3viking

s3viking

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

This has been an issue since the release of version 2

#3 Jbdd

Jbdd

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • HomeToronto, Ontario

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

Credits go to Tankdestroyer0 (His Type 10 is fully upgraded which has 600 hit points and pmymb has kept the AMX-56 Leclerc below level 63):

64219457-995c7b00-ce93-11e9-8613-8801b54

64219489-ad07e180-ce93-11e9-9d22-8edec30

64219507-b6914980-ce93-11e9-9c08-92788af

64219510-bb55fd80-ce93-11e9-9e83-23f0554

Edited by Jbdd, 03 September 2019 - 05:47 PM.

☆ Playing Tanktastic since July 2013 (returned) 

[ECA] Elite Command Army 

#4 Copperhead171

Copperhead171

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • HomeAlabama, United States

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

Math is math, and there's no disputing the evidence shown in these gifs. Low level buffs and/or high level nerfs as a hidden feature are no longer just a theory, but rather at this point, it's proven fact. I've had multiple experiences myself which have proved this features existence to me.

First off, I'll mention my experience with maxing my Arjun. I started off by buying gun, reload, and level 1 ammunition upgrades, this brought my Arjun to level 57. After buying those upgrades I decided to take a chance and join a level 57-71 room, I was shocked by the result. When I initially joined the room, I was expecting to have serious difficulty using a level 57 Arjun against maxed K2s (level 66), maxed AMX-56s(Level 68), and various other maxed out tanks which were at least 10 levels higher than me. I was wrong. Instead, they struggled to kill me, it would take them around 6-7 shots to kill me as if I was maxed, and all I had to do was 3 shot them. Needless to say, maxing my Arjun was extremely easy for this reason, maxed tanks in the high level 60s couldn't stand against my level 57 Arjun. Unfortunately, after maxing my Arjun to 69, it is now considerably weaker, it dies in 4-5 shots, and I can no longer 3 shot maxed AMX-56s, it now takes 4-5 shots to kill them. So my conclusion? I have, in a sense, been punished for upgrading my level 57 tank to level 69 with considerably lower performance.

Additionally, I've experienced such nonsense while fighting STRV-74s with a level 25 M60. The STRV-74 has 375 health when maxed. My level 25 M60 can do 200-250 damage an STRV-74 with a single HEAT shell. So naturally it should be a 2 shot, but instead, it took 4-5 shots, which would mean the STRV-74 I was fighting somehow had around 800 health, on a level 15 tank.

Finally, I've recently taken my Black Eagle to a room with both T-90MS and T-14s, I was able to 3-4 shot them, and they would have to 5-6 shot me. Meanwhile, in a locked room, those tanks would easily defeat my Black Eagle.

So I believe I've stated enough here to paint a clear picture. This hidden feature of the game is broken, unfair and I strongly believe it needs to be removed.

"I am invisible, I am stealth, I am... bush tank..." 

#5 Error 403

Error 403

Flawless Life

• Community Manager
  • 3451 posts
  • HomeThe oil land, or better known as Norway.

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

In order for the interval of rooms to be large and for the rooms to accommodate a wider specter of different tanks, as well as to eliminate balance issues, an automatic balance system was implemented. Unfortunately, this system is not perfect. However, the basic problem is that the long update intervals make it hard to improve the system and rebalance tanks that can be considered as unbalanced, and that the current module upgrade process is not ideal. This is not only a question of tank balance, but more importantly of the inconsistent module upgrades allowing to buy all the ammunition without forcing to improve armor or survivability.

We will have some more news in due time.

• Mr blue sky01, Drestdave and ManofSteel2018 like this

u0KGBYG.gif

:: English Community Manager ::
 Forum Rules  EULA  Support  In-game Reports 

#6 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Game Moderator
  • Others: Contest Coordinator
  • 1252 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

That or its just a wrong number displayed?

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#7 ManofSteel2018

ManofSteel2018

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • HomeGulag, Gulag, MR (Mother Russia)

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:26 AM

It is a little annoying cause its like a big slap in the face, but I do understand why it has been implemented and is actually kind of smart. Now should it be further experimented and be fixed, yes. Now to improve this feature would be to make the room level gap up. Instead of having a 14 level gap in rooms, perhaps bump it down to a level 8 or level 10 gap in rooms. With this, rooms would be somewhat more balanced.

ezgif-3-9f2f9ea78889.gif

Ooga Booga, Where da T-90 at...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}