Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Game Moderator
  • Others: Contest Coordinator
  • 1252 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:41 AM

Hello everyone,

I think we all commonly agree on the fact that Tanktastic is not the game that it used to be. Although we still love the game for its tank combat, the playerbase has been decreasing slowly but steadily over the past few years, starting after the 2.0 update. And here we are, in 2019, two years after the release of V2.0. The future of Tanktastic seems uncertain, and with no news on any release date for an update. However, I'd like to stress that we, the community, can help out, which will be discussed here as well.

A few years ago I came to Tanktastic as pretty much all my friends were playing it. It offered an unique experience; epic tank battles on mobile platforms. Throughout the years updates, community members and friends have come and gone. Tanktastic was a place to hang around, have fun while playing with friends and formed the center of a lovely community that I still cherish. This community, I think, is still around, although significantly decreased in size. The game itself has come a long way, but seems to near it's end. The developers are having a hard time working on their game due to different reasons, such as financial problems. The lack of updates might be one of the reasons why people have been leaving for other games. Tanktastic simply is in need of work, active developers but most importantly, marketing.

At the moment, no active marketing campaign is going on for Tanktastic. The developers never did so either, leaving Tanktastic a bit unrepresented in it's field. Marketing plays an important role in keeping a game known and leads to players discovering the game. The lack of marketing definetly is one of the main reasons why, relatively seen, very few new players are coming. Let's take Google Play as an example, Tanktastic is currently listed on the 35th place when searching for "tanks". Believe me, very few users will actually scroll down that far and most of the time, the lower the game is on the list, the lower the quality. That alone is not very great for Tanktastic. No big YouTube channels or whatsoever play the game either. At the moment, Tanktastic is only being marketed by small YouTube channels that get little views on their videos. This marketing done by the community is less effective due to the scale of it.

The low amount of players at the moment is somewhat stable, and the next update will make the difference for Tanktastic. From what I've heard, the developers would like to have a larger player base before actively continuing development (take this with a grain of salt). However, I think the developers and Staff should prioritize keeping the current playerbase stick to the game, and only then focus on expanding this playerbase. That means that the current playerbase must, I repeat, must be motivated to keep playing the game. Currently, there is very little motivation to stick around aside from the grind. Garage expansion fee, extremely high prizes (silver) for upgrades at high-tier levels and low silver income doesn't make things better. There are little to no in-game events, but as the community stressed, the prizes were simply to low for them to participate. What we see here is exactly what's going on with Tanktastic. There is too little to play for, too little new content to grind for. 

The fact that the last update was published on the 15th of September 2017 shows how bad the situation is. Even introducing a new UI element that offers information about in-game events would make a difference. Things need to change. Wild suggestions such as making it a community project or selling to a different company might sound terrifying, while actually being considerable options. For example, make it possbile for the community to carry out small changes such as balancing themselves. Balancing, or rather unbalanced tanks, break the game for some. Small and suttle chances like this should not take more than a year, and the community knows that. This simply leads to frustration, resulting in a decreasing playerbase.

This whole topic might sound to a complete rant to you, and maybe it is. However, I would like to include some positive energy as well. Knowing this community for quite some years now, I know that Tanktastic has a special place in our heart. The game we all love might not be in its best state, but we still love it. The developers clearly aren't capable of getting this train back on its tracks, although they have the quality and willpower. We, the community, must stand up and undertake action ourselves. The future ahead forTanktastic might rely on us now, and that's why I have a question. Will you embark on this journey with me? Will you try to do your part by making videos, by sharing it online, with your friends, and maybe even help the developers financially. I am certain that the community we built over the last few years is capable of doing this. If we all do our part, Tanktastic and its developers might not have reached their final destination yet. 

Last but not least, I have a few questions for you:

1. What made you play Tanktastic?
  2. What makes you start up Tanktastic each time you play instead of any other game?
  3. What made you quit Tanktastic? (permanent)
  4. What makes you stop playing Tanktastic after playing (not permanent)
  5. What do you think the game needs?

but probably the most important question: Will you help getting Tanktastic back on its wheels?

I know, this is a wall of tekst, sorry about that. Thank you for taking some time to read through this and answering my questions, I really appreciate it. Let's make 2019 the year in which major chances happen to Tanktastic. 

Kind regards,

Dave

• Error 403, magic ender11 and Jacobvm1234 like this

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#2 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:27 AM

Dave this is literally to the word, all the issues you have highlighted and the good things; personally I think the style of the game has been changed, from what I can remember I actually thought the cartoonish design of the game back in 1.22 and prior updates was actually more unique than the grimy changes in 2.0, personally I think that was a set back as it kind of changed the look of the game what most players that I spoken to actually didn’t like that much. And of course the extremely over priced upgrades, it went from a couple of hundred silver to thousands, and in some cases thousands of gold (Almost as much as buying a new tank itself).

Since you asked a few questions I will answer them.
1. I wanted to play Tanktastic as I wanted to play a tank game that didn’t interfere with mainstream standard tank games, something I can play with friends at a serious level rather than being confined to 15 vs 15 huge Team destruction.

2. The reason I play Tanktastic each day for a couple of hours is to talk to my friends and be a role model for new players; and of course to have fun. (Or at least attempt)

3. I did quit Tanktastic but not permanently, the only reason I quit was because I had to engage on my education more as I had tests that would determine my life; but obviously some of the factors you stated were also a reason.

4. — Pretty much stated above.

5. I think they should consider the factors that of the style they once had unique to the game; as well as focusing on balancing and reducing prices and removing garage fees as it seems like a money grab. (The best way to earn money in games is to earn the love of a player as their going to be more committed in buying things in-game.)

And of course I would help the community, I’ve been doing it since I joined the forums; and I will always help the community no matter what type of issue has occurred.

I hope you understood,
Sincerely;
Ender
  • Drestdave likes this

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#3 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1476 posts
  • HomeWhere the turds go

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:51 AM

1. Decided to play this game because of my love in tanks. Customization and graphics all looked great to me.

2. The simplicity and arcadey feeling it gives and also the active player base.

4. Real life stuff and got bored because of the lack of updates

5. game-changing updates and ads

6. Three words. Yes. I. Will.

• Drestdave likes this
RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#4 Jacobvm1234

Jacobvm1234

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:04 AM

so lets continue the discord topic here?

#5 magic ender11

magic ender11

Captain

• PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • HomeUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:09 AM

Yep; let’s continue it here.
So what is everyone’s thoughts on the current state of the community? Like the downfall in players.

Best Regards,

ve43gw.gif

Joined 2014-Jun

#6 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Game Moderator
  • Others: Contest Coordinator
  • 1252 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:10 AM

Devs need to get their *as into gear.

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#7 Jacobvm1234

Jacobvm1234

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

1. I started playing because I was looking for a good tank game. It took me long time to find Tanktastic but eventually I found what I was looking for and sticked with it ever since, hoping that it would be become the best game I have ever played

2. The very first thing I do is to check if theres a hehe room, I spend most of my time in hehe since I dont have anything to grind for (even though I have less than 40 tanks, I dont want to spend gold or silver in case of an unexpected update). Sometimes I play with friends if we have a vc going on Discord.

3. I havent quit, yet.

4. Sometimes I stop playing, simply because I lost all interest grinding for tanks. I also stop playing because of the lack of content, or I have to focus on real life.

5. Too much to write here. But I have lots of ideas.

last question: I would do everything I can to get Tanktastic back on track

#8 Fatt 88

Fatt 88

Sergeant

• Game Moderator
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:40 AM

1. I started play Tanktastic because friend suggested. I like this game because graphic is good.

2. Most of the time I play in hehe room with friends.

3. I haven’t quit.

4. I haven’t quit.

5. My Idea :
1. Add spectator mode
2. Add share money command -> for example : /s money > player name <.
3. Add achievements -> for example : delivery 1 flag , get silver / gold . kill 30 player , get silver / gold
4. Add clan war event
5. Add tank race event
6. Create an event each week or each 2 week . ( Include prize )
7. Remove garage explanding
8. Add back 1.22v graphic
9. Add back night vision and thermal vision ( if no add back pls give back money )
10. Add more tanks.

#9 OcGuy

OcGuy

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • HomeIndonesia

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:48 AM

1. Long time ago ( 4 or maybe 5 years ) I getting interested with tank game/simulation, I haven't know about WoT or WT back then. I found out this game seems pretty good and had alot of potential.

2. Because Tanktastic is my first MMO game in mobile and this game has so many tanks to grind!

3.I haven't quit, but the time I've spend of this game is decreased, knowing I have so many school task and my mom came after work pretty late ( I play TT on my mom's phone )

4. same like above
5. here take a look https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing 

#10 ob max

ob max

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • HomeTitusville Fl

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

1. wanted a tank game not so biased *cough* world of tanks, and as wasn't as focused on accuracy and history like Warbirds (but like my latest topics say with some logic behind armour, damage...)

2. mostly boredom with other things and wanting to shoot things.

3. haven't really left so much, my longest time I wasn't on was when my first tablet was Fubar-ed.

4. Most of the time I play at night/early morning before work, or days off so not like I can stay 24 hours, but the time I leave after just a couple of short matches if because I'm tired of people logging, the ones who use T80s in level 40 rooms with maxed armour, gun and ammo... so really the lack of fair fighting.

5.I would like to see at least something like the "reward points" which there are still a couple topics on it like the "stickers" so you could select a iron cross and press turret side and a iron cross is on the turret like it would be for the Wehrmacht... Most definitely enforcing the rules to prevent logging, people like Harry, maybe some way to cut down on the people using the (as mentioned previously) T80s, M60s, AMX56...

Will I help Tanktastic get back up on its wheels? Sure *puts the game on jacks and wonders off to find tires, but puts on squares of rubber* I made new cheaper tires, their great right

Edited by ob max, 05 January 2019 - 09:43 AM.

После войны, после войны, у них всегда пополнение после войны... После войны, после войны все будет как раньше? After the war, after the war, they're always recruiting after the war... After the war, after the war will everything be as before? Daniel Kahn

#11 tthebo123

tthebo123

Private

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

1 I started playing Tanktastic because I loved MMo games, but never had money to have a console, wifi, and time to play online with other people. im a very competitive person( If anyone remembers me I was the one you hated yet loved)

2 Each time I logged onto TT, all i could think of is our amazing social community. After awhile, i decided to play less and talk more. I became close to many, and a brother to some. For instance, I remember spawn killing Theencryptor when he first started playing, next day we are friends. I loved the game because of the community.

3 I quit because all of that ^^ went away. people started quitting. all of the old players stopped logging on. Went months without seeing anyone i was friends with. all of my time spent making these bonds with others was gone. im not the only person who feels this way, but I'll be the one to say it.

5 I'm afraid i won't be able to help. I aged some and now have a full time job, house, and a fiance i need to maintain. Im retired and going to stay retired. My advice is if you want to bring back that social crowd, try and bring back the feelings of 1.22 as much as we complained that 2.0 wasnt coming, we still loved 1.22 all the glitches. the imperfections. how the T-10 was so over powered, yet another could kill in 2 shots. great competition. so many tanks were so OP, they made great rivals. some were so hard to use that only experienced players could be seen in them. Great Game. 5/5 stars from me before 2.0. 2/5 after

~tthebo123
  • Error 403 likes this

#12 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

1.) I started playing due to the fact that i was interested in tank warfare in general, also not many tank games were available on mobile before that "other" game showed up.

2.) I loved the randomness of the game, I also love the very fierce battles back then due to the large maps, long battles, unique tanks, and day/night cycle which was what made it so unique.

3.) I originally created a TT account before "I am Bread" which i took a long break from in 1.22 but forgot later.

4.) What usually makes me quit a short session of tt is just the now imbalanced nature of the game or the fact that there are times where there are little to no rooms available for playing. This also causes me to not be able to grind a certain vehicle i want for upgrade points.

5.) I believe the game should focus on marketing itself for a wider audience then fixing and balancing its gameplay.
What I am doing to help TT is to update and restore the official wiki to running order as noone else seems to be doing it so that players may know more about the game and I am posting suggestions and ideas for the game.

Edited by EquablezMonsterz, 05 January 2019 - 10:57 PM.

Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#13 Train Heartnet

Train Heartnet

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • HomeBorn in Maryland. Raised..well, mainly in Maryland...and Delaware

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:17 PM

1. I came across this game while I was frantically looking for world of tanks thinking I could find it on mobile. After I found this game I was hooked
2. To hang out with y'all crazy butts, to play the high octane ctf matches on demo, and to wait for the all glorious Zulfiqar 3.
3. Broke my only means of communication and didn't get one for almost 4 months
4. got caught up in either life, another game, or videos
5. I completely agree that tanktastic should market itself in this day and age and I would gladly help to get this game more popularity. P.S: I thought I might add that I created Train Heartnet on 11/11/2013, which is the second year anniversary of Skyrim. I believe that we should capitalize on this.
No need for revenge-Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you wil eventually screw up all by themselves - Unknown Author

TOMB - Unknown Soldiers

#14 Aditya sunani

Aditya sunani

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:27 AM

I'm just started to play this game, my first account name was Aditya, just for time pass i just downloaded it... But when i realised this game is amazing with it's graphics, performance, etc... I became a fan for it.... Then i decided that to restart my account to 'Abrams-tusk', till one year i just played with that account as though.... But after it, someone just hacked my account within your visibility and changed my password or something else the word called 'Damaged' which probably i don't know.

So, again I decided to play again with another same name called 'Abrams tusk' which was not effectively gone so far because of your maintenance side.... So, again i decide that i'm going to create a last account which probably it will be the best account sot upload on youtube... 'Abrams-force', and so far it's going good...

So my conclusion is that this game is going so far good, but some problem is also occurring with in your absence.... Please check it's performance so that there would be no problem with in gameplay to others players.

We all know that this game is going on very fantastic, and it has to reach to maximum level to all the players, who can really able to enjoy it ;) In my opinion, this game is the best and it will be the best at all the time  B)

Edited by Aditya sunani, 06 January 2019 - 07:28 AM.

Abrams-tusk

Abrams-force

#15 Killerlion

Killerlion

Captain

• PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • HomeRed City, Mars

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

Been playing Tanktastic since 16 alpha and it became my favorite game on mobile it became the GOAT. So much memories. I loved this game i still do. I always wanted TT to become somewhat famous on mobile and i actually shared it with alot of my friends along time ago. I just dont know how to help now. I have much to say but now is not the time.

#16 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

Hi DD,
1. My kids were playing TT, thought I better keep an eye on them. Now it's mainly me playing.
Kids downloaded it randomly.
2. It's the only game I play.
3. N/A yet
4. Other responsibilities, or the boss (wife) tells me to get on with something.
5. Players to feel involved in game changes/updates, or at least listened to.
Advertising of any sort - Can we use the GHOR logo or game images anywhere or on anything?
I'd quite like to get a t-shirt made.

I would help if I was able.

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent. <p>Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you. Cautionary: You always have a choice. Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

msg-7194-0-08197600-1510947090.jpg

#17 IDK

IDK

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • HomeCybertron

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:58 AM

1. Started playing tanktastic on my older cousins iPad 1st (or second) generation. Ever since I played WoT on PC I was hooked to tanks (didn't make it far in the game as I didn't really like 'old fashioned' and wanted a more modern game. TT fulfilled everything I wanted when I started.

2. The feeling of getting a new tank/rank and showing it off in the private rooms.

3. I wouldn't say I quit, I do go on once a while.

4. 2.0 is a disaster, lots of my friends also left TT due to the update.

5. The game needs developers who listens to the community. Rather than adding new tanks, (yes, do we really need new tanks right now?) actually balance all the current ones. The armor system needs to go back to the version 1.22, maybe even the whole game (but leave the current tanks/camos in the game). Updates don't have to be frequently but they need to be effective. Ghor sacrificed everything good and gave us 2.0 hoping to bring in more players but failed. 2.0 balances (almost) every tank to where they can basically 3 shot a tank.

6. Is there really more the community can do? Ive spent over hundreds of dollars on the game to even support the developer in their quest to make the game better but still nothing but new tanks and inactivity of updates for years (I'm pretty sure devs can check how much money you spent on your account too, so I'm not lying when I say I spend. Its actually the first and main game I've ever spent the most money on). There is so many suggestions in the suggestion tab and the only thing we get is NEW TANKS, not even new game modes proposed or balance. At this point I felt like Ghor already reached its highest peak and can't grow any more. No matter how much I love the game, no matter how much money I spend. Its nothing more than a milking process now, for the players still in the game that is... (not to be rude, but be real, we have garage expand, a tank tree, PREMIUM TANKS). 

Thanks for reading if you actually did.

- eclips (without that last E)

#18 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:39 AM

1. Started playing tanktastic on my older cousins iPad 1st (or second) generation. Ever since I played WoT on PC I was hooked to tanks (didn't make it far in the game as I didn't really like 'old fashioned' and wanted a more modern game. TT fulfilled everything I wanted when I started.

2. The feeling of getting a new tank/rank and showing it off in the private rooms.

3. I wouldn't say I quit, I do go on once a while.

4. 2.0 is a disaster, lots of my friends also left TT due to the update.

5. The game needs developers who listens to the community. Rather than adding new tanks, (yes, do we really need new tanks right now?) actually balance all the current ones. The armor system needs to go back to the version 1.22, maybe even the whole game (but leave the current tanks/camos in the game). Updates don't have to be frequently but they need to be effective. Ghor sacrificed everything good and gave us 2.0 hoping to bring in more players but failed. 2.0 balances (almost) every tank to where they can basically 3 shot a tank.

6. Is there really more the community can do? Ive spent over hundreds of dollars on the game to even support the developer in their quest to make the game better but still nothing but new tanks and inactivity of updates for years (I'm pretty sure devs can check how much money you spent on your account too, so I'm not lying when I say I spend. Its actually the first and main game I've ever spent the most money on). There is so many suggestions in the suggestion tab and the only thing we get is NEW TANKS, not even new game modes proposed or balance. At this point I felt like Ghor already reached its highest peak and can't grow any more. No matter how much I love the game, no matter how much money I spend. Its nothing more than a milking process now, for the players still in the game that is... (not to be rude, but be real, we have garage expand, a tank tree, PREMIUM TANKS).

Thanks for reading if you actually did.

- eclips (without that last E)

the community actually did make progress with tt as in we made contact with one of the devs and looks like he's interested with actually fixing the game
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}