6 replies to this topic

#1 OcGuy

OcGuy

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • HomeIndonesia

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:27 AM

M4 Sherman tanks was fighting in so many places and so many war, they still active until the late 70s and they did it very well. With decent armor and decent gun or firepower to fight against tanks on it's level like the Pz-4 or Pz-3. They fighting against German defenses form North Africa to Eroupe and in Pacific front, they also fighting along the Soviets ( lend lease Shermans ) and some of the crew that using them claim it was comfortable and powerful, they also managed to bring lend lease Jumbos ( M4A3E2 ) to rush Berlin. Now M4 Sherman claimed as one of the worst tank of the war... I just don't get it, they have good crew survivalbility, good reability, easy to produce and maintain, capable to fight everywhere, did not broke down due to technical problem and the crew that got hit by the heavy hitters ( 88mm, Panther's 75mm gun or even Pak-40 ) survived ( altough they wounded pretty bad ). 

The improved model of M4 Sherman that wildly used like M4A3, Easy8, Jumbos was good enough to knock out Tiger 1 or Panther. Not like German tanks they did not broke down easly like like the Panther/Tiger mechanical failures. And the words "Tommy Crockers" for the Shermans tanks that always catching fire when hit also isn't very true, they barely burnt down when hit during the war, the thing that caused that myht is because they use gasoline as their fuel ( Panther also use gasoline too ), and " U need a huge number of Sherman to knock out 1 Tiger or Panther" well to fight tank you basically need 1 platoon of tank to battle without 1 platoon you can't fight that's the rules for US tankers so "5 Shermans = Tigers" well basically it's just normal, even if you want to compare, 1 Shermans that equipped by high velocity 76mm gun is capable to destroy 1 Tiger fairly. M4 shermans in my opinion was slightly better than T-34 variants, the tank that should be "need huge amount of tank to destroy German tanks" are the T-34s because well they rush the Germans like swarms ( they even launched and armed their tanks after they made it from the factory ). So M4 Sherman wasn't a bad or even a good tank, I would honestly say they are decent for the whole war. German tanks are powerful, very powerful but not reliable as their Pz4. 

• Daddy Rob and Aditya sunani like this

#2 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:45 PM

i dont know where or who told u that the m4 was one of the worst tanks of the second world war but the sherman was one of or even the best tank of the second world war in terms of service, reliability, and maneuverability. Due to the fact that it was able to serve on all fronts of the war, be repaired on the dime, be modified to whatever role it will fufill, and manufacturing only rivaled by the t-34. Which basically summarizes this whole post. Now i think about it, its the sherman's chasisd wh ch is good. BTW Paraguay still uses 4 of them

Edited by EquablezMonsterz, 18 November 2018 - 03:48 PM.

• OcGuy likes this
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#3 OcGuy

OcGuy

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • HomeIndonesia

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

i dont know where or who told u that the m4 was one of the worst tanks of the second world war but the sherman was one of or even the best tank of the second world war in terms of service, reliability, and maneuverability. Due to the fact that it was able to serve on all fronts of the war, be repaired on the dime, be modified to whatever role it will fufill, and manufacturing only rivaled by the t-34. Which basically summarizes this whole post. Now i think about it, its the sherman's chasisd wh ch is good. BTW Paraguay still uses 4 of them

Just explore the internet and most of tanks or military forum about M4 Sherman, people just keep saying that M4 is a piece of junk or even worse, the most example of these people are the whearboos or today's historians. Oh yeah I know that some country in South America and middle East still using M4 Sherman.

#4 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2717 posts
  • HomeMiddle of the earth

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:46 PM

Just explore the internet and most of tanks or military forum about M4 Sherman, people just keep saying that M4 is a piece of junk or even worse, the most example of these people are the whearboos or today's historians. Oh yeah I know that some country in South America and middle East still using M4 Sherman.

Uh in Middle East they use T72s, T90s, Leclerc, and abrams mostly

135px-Available_on_the_App_Store_%28blac

#5 OcGuy

OcGuy

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • HomeIndonesia

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:13 AM

Uh in Middle East they use T72s, T90s, Leclerc, and abrams mostly

I mean in Middle east some rebeler bois or isurgents use ythe ol'T-34/85 and some M4s

#6 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Lieutenant Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

I mean in Middle east some rebeler bois or isurgents use ythe ol'T-34/85 and some M4s

theres no reported case of this as far as i know the last action they saw in the middle east was with egypt and isreal
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#7 OcGuy

OcGuy

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • HomeIndonesia

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

theres no reported case of this as far as i know the last action they saw in the middle east was with egypt and isreal

lamo 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}