dragontanker

Everlasting Flame

• Forum Senior Moderator
  • Others: Game Senior Moderator
  • 1940 posts
  • HomeThe Hearts of Fellow Warriors

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

My friends, my fellow warriors and commanders,

This is not going to be an easy subject for me to tackle. Hence, I shall waste no time in getting to my point. I fear my time here is at an end. As much as a bad timing this may be, I cannot find any sort of motivation to carry on my position. No shred of will wants to, as I am constantly attempting to find my own ways that I have neglected for so long. 

Again, this is not easy for me to do. Beyond a doubt in my heart and soul, this is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make. But life goes on, and my calling will soon be heeded with the U.S. Armed Forces, at least I hope. Whether or not I am going to stay with this game for much longer is highly up for debate. Unless I can somehow be swayed otherwise. 

Not only do I feel I can no longer carry out my duties effectively, but I also have my own matters in life I need to sort out. To say the least, I've battled many demons over the last few weeks, and still fight today. Not a battle that a hard-spirited person like myself will intend to lose. But everyone has their vital weaknesses. It would be an insult to nature in its own right to say that I do not have any weaknesses of that sort. 

I have battled with each and every one of you on the field in the early days and even up to now, I still see the shining in some people I come to know back then. I am proud to call each of you a friend, despite any clashes we may have had over the last near 5 years. Years, of which, have been nothing short of interesting. I have no words to express the gratitude I feel for that. This game and the community, has changed my very personality and how I view life in its entirety. Without this community, I do not think I would be who I am right now. 

Even now, sorrows build within as I write to you, the members of this game. But please take no pity, as this was bound to happen eventually. There are still more communities for me to help, to learn from, and to influence.

I will still be available in private messages should anyone desire to reach me. Kik is more or less a dead app to me, but I still have it. Discord is my main open platform for messaging, and should anyone from this game wish to contact me, please...do not hesitate. I will respond to you as soon as possible. If you do not have my information for Kik or Discord, please consult a fellow member and ask them for my information. I grant permission to all of you who have me in these two messaging apps to give my contact information out to those who seek it. Those from this game anyway. 

Please do not be stricken with grief as I sign my eventual departure. 

I will always, reign in the skies, and in the fields alongside all of you. 

When a dragon dies, he does not truly leave this world, but rather bonds with the Earth and the existing lifeforms within. 

At this time, I want to try and thank everyone I can remember from this game who I have encountered along the ways:

• Altank: My mentor, friend, and fellow member that I looked up to for guidance regarding any matter within the Community
  • DigitalCrow: A close friend that I wish would have returned by now, but as we all know, life gets in the way.
  • Praetorian: I did not know you very well as I had hoped, but I appreciate the few times we spoke.
  • Tankiller96: I will never forget my "Sheriderp" and Abrams buddy, and fellow metalhead from the north \m/
  • Mr. Blue Sky01: My witty British friend who never ceased to find humour in anything. And still drinks way too much tea. 
  • Qnomei: Despite our rare encounters, it is clear you are a bright person, and I also thank you for influencing who I became.
  • Bane: We never got along well half the time, but that's ok. Past is the past.
  • Mikek: A strong-willed man who never gave up hope on me during my earlier adolescent years, to which I deeply thank for believing in me when seemingly no one else would.
  • Hehehefhrh: Kind of miss your banter about the Arjun day in and day out during 17A
  • Je4n: Always stirring up a storm in an open server, never ceases to amuse me.
  • Ice_king: We may have had our differences at times, but your spirit was more flame than ice, to which I admired.
  • Cmane: My other derp friend who never seemed to know when to stop making jokes during not-so-appropriate times.
  • Leesalisbury_1: You my friend, will do just fine in life. Do not worry so much, and thanks for lending a hand when I got knocked in the head at times.
  • Menisaur: We may have gotten off on the wrong foot at one point, but I see that you are a good person.
  • S3viking: It was always nice to be able to chat about planes every now and then.
  • Karppa: My Finnish metalhead friend who seemed to disappear without a trace.
  • Sniper101: Quirky in your own right, I know you will do great things.
  • Psychosnake: Wish you were still around, but I understand you had to go
  • Jersh: Thanks, for everything.
  • Baller_307: Hang in there bud, you will be fine.
  • Drestdave: You keep doing what you do best, and do not give up. You have come way too far to stop now
  • Fiutel_88: You never cease to make me laugh and question life itself.
  • Fatt_88: I do not know why you called me your "pet dragon," but that's ok.
  • Jade 2012: Keep your spirits high, you made me believe that I could when I observed the constant hate you get for no reason.
  • Papigoose: A gentle soul who left without a trace, I had hoped he would returned, being one of my first friends when I joined this game.
  • 15wac113: Never ceased to surprise me with some of the things that came from your keyboard.
  • Izzers: You always had something witty to say, and was always upbeat and never showed a hint of hate or sadness. 
  • Kristian Tanks: Someone who I initially despised out of jealousy I came to respect as time went on. Cunning and always had your wits about, ready for a fight. 
  • Alfa24: My very first friend in this game.
  • Smigstank: Always doing something irrational half the time as it seems.
  • Lt. Pickles (Kat): First Russian friend that I got to know well, and I thank you for giving me new perspectives on the world.
  • Willie11: A friend that seemed to vanish way too soon, to which I hate to admit and regret not speaking to one last time.
  • Basmal 121: Game breaker...

If I am forgetting anyone at this moment I dearly apologize, as I am writing this as my mind flows, I am not stopping, only to correctly format this message. Just know that if I have ever encountered you in this game, I heartedly say thank you, indirectly, as you may have possibly changed me as a person. 

I want to conclude this extensive message, or rather, letter, with some of my favourite quotes, sayings, etc. They helped me in certain times of distress, and I hope they will help you too. Some of these are also my own...

"Our path in life is not always the path we choose. Sometimes our paths are chosen for us...and it is our destiny to follow it. Wherever it may lead."

- The Chronicler

"Good times must come to an end, it is the nature of the Universe. Otherwise, what are we really living for? A good time must end and usher in a downfall to prepare you for the next surge of happiness."

- D.T.

"Brave the eternal night, and the dawn shall rise with a new view of life."

- D.T.

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."

- Hellen Keller

"You can only lose what you cling to."

-Buddha

"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."

- Henry Ford

I have many more, but I believe that this would suffice. But believe me when I say, "Stay humble or fumble." It is something I have held on to for years, and it has never let me down. Because in the end, we all end up six feet under. Do not tarnish yourself as a person by believing you are better than someone else for any reason. If someone is thrown down, pick them up, it may prove beneficial in the future. We can change the future, and the past. You change your future by acting in the moment, and you change the look of your past by also deciding in the moment. Think about that... 

Do not, I repeat, do not ever hesitate to reach out to me. I am a mere message away via Discord and Kik. 

I will leave my Profile here untouched, as I want it to be a beacon of sorts. I do not wish to be forgotten to time, nor do I wish that upon anyone else here. I will pay a visit every now and then. 

This is Dragontanker, (James J.), and I am proud to have served this community and alongside every one of you during my time here. I will not forget what I used to be a part of. 

D.T.

• Denis.tw, Train Heartnet, basmal121 and 8 others like this

Reigning in the SkiesOverseer of the Realms

#2 flapjack12345j

flapjack12345j

Corporal

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

Sad to see you go but im sure everyone understands we all have a life outside of gaming and i hope you do well in the future, if going into the armed forces is something you wish to do then go for it and i hope you get in and enjoy serving there.
See you around ☺

flappy

#3 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

See you bro, and you know where to find me if you ever need me. I'm glad that I helped you, as you helped me too, we both overcame our inner demons together.

Proud member of the tanktastic community

307itVD.jpg

#4 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Btw, life is a garden, dig it

Proud member of the tanktastic community

307itVD.jpg

#5 FieldMarshal

FieldMarshal

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • HomeSaint–Petersburg, North Capital of Russia

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

The farewell is amazing.
Despite the fact that I did not particularly know you, see you around.
FieldMarshal My profile in VKontakte
Devices: Apple iPad Wi-Fi (4), Apple iPhone 5S.
Playing Tanktastic from 11.04.2015

#6 je4n10

je4n10

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • HomeLebanon

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:16 AM

o7 James you will not be forgoten in this comunity.
git gud noob

#7 Smigstank

Smigstank

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • HomeUnited States of America

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:02 AM

o7 bye man, hope to see you around.
Been playing tt since 5/16/14 or 16/5/14

#8 Menisaur

Menisaur

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • HomeA place called Remnant, where weapons turn into other weapons,Humans and half human, half animals called Faunus live, kids build their own weapons as part of school, and where creatures of darkness that feed on negative emotions called Grimm roam

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

o7 dragon, you will be missed
Some people say 'modern tanks are the best', i say 'no, tanks that are from games and haven't been built in real life are best'

#9 F-18 Stealth

F-18 Stealth

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • HomeGermany

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

"We hold the line!" -Major Kirrahe

Farewell, till all of us see you again DT.
I wish you anything you need, stay strong, stay united.

I didn't often clashed on the fields with you, but I'll never forget those times when I did.

Everything comes to an end....

o7 DT, it was a honour to have you around.
May the gods be with you.

F-18
[IKC] Police Academy
Integrity-Knowledge-Courage
(Will be created when Tanktastic v.2.0 is released)

#10 USMC Sniper

USMC Sniper

Old Man of the Forums

• Forum Senior Moderator
  • 2274 posts
  • HomeFiore

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

:( 

#11 EquablezMonsterz

EquablezMonsterz

Captain

• PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • HomeSin City aka Las Vegas, Nevada

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Why are people leaving all of a sudden at this rate we will have no mods
Wikia Admin and Mod 🔥<p>

#12 Jade2012

Jade2012

Sergeant

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Wow....
When I saw that you removed your profile on Vk I was sure that something happened... I would like to thank you for help and for your support. I wish the best for you, James. Good luck for your future!

#13 rcmppolice

rcmppolice

Commander of the Army

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • HomeWashington,Pullman.but now in Hong Kong

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

Aw man another tanker going......what happened to the forum 2 years ago it was lively and fun and now this?

RCMPPOLICE
Let the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do the work...........

#14 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Lieutenant Colonel

• Contest Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

So we have two of our Community Representatives resign. I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud but who will be our new representative?

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

(Now available in-game)

Member of TECREAT

#15 Mr blue sky01

Mr blue sky01

Brexitarian Hussar

• Game Senior Moderator
  • 549 posts
  • HomeGreat Britain, England.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

Farewell, James.

I understand your point of view and whether we like it or not, change is a part of life. The farewell message was emotional and confirms your passion for TT.

I wish you all the very best luck in your future endeavours.

mr blue sky01
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" ― Salahuddin al-Ayyubi (RA)

#16 Fatt 88

Fatt 88

Sergeant

• Game Trial Moderator
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

Bye my pet dragon :((

Wish u all the best :))

#17 Vint

Vint

leader of Eagle One

• Forum Senior Moderator
  • 873 posts
  • HomeCentral Ohio USA

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

All the best to you James
🇺🇸 motto: speak softly but carry a 120 MM smoothbore 🇺🇸
Playing Tanktastic since May 2013

#18 infamousbo

infamousbo

Sergeant

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • HomeMichigan USA

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

All I can say is that I love you man. You always saw the best in me when i needed it and I always returned the favor. I'll be missing our talks we have now and then... I really hope you read this and pm me, I would like to keep in touch with you and talk some still. Best friend I found in TT
love exists only In the loved.  Hate exists only in the ones who have been hated. Success exists only in the ones who failed. One who experiences all three, has lived a long, hard life.

#19 Train Heartnet

Train Heartnet

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • HomeBorn in Maryland. Raised..well, mainly in Maryland...and Delaware

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:11 AM

O7 my dear friend James. I will truly miss your discussions and I'll be hoping for the best for you.
No need for revenge-Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you wil eventually screw up all by themselves - Unknown Author

TOMB - Unknown Soldiers

#20 Jacobvm1234

Jacobvm1234

Corporal

• Game Trial Moderator
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

Bye D.T.

I wish you all the best ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}