#1 dragontanker

dragontanker

Everlasting Flame

• Forum Senior Moderator
  • Others: Game Senior Moderator
  • 1941 posts
  • HomeThe Hearts of Fellow Warriors

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

As of now this may be a bit of a cliché sort of thing to do, but as always, feel it to be necessary. Even after the few times I have done something like this before, it seems to be more of a ritual than simple courtesy to the community. I will skip the theatrics and jump right into the fire.

I've been rather absent lately, and that should come as no surprise to some during this time of the year. Some are absent due to exams, others due to unrelated circumstances that prevent free time in their lives. I simply just do not have much time around this time of the year due to my work schedule. Let's just say that my occupation becomes extremely demanding when it comes closer to both Christmas and the ushering of the new year. I'm not here to release my employment details, just giving an idea of what has been keeping me from this game. That's really all there is that is keeping me away as of now. As soon as the holidays subside, I will be more active, guaranteed. 

Device troubles are also a nuisance when it comes to my inability to participate in open matches now. However, as I am writing this, I am waiting for my new device to be fully charged so that I may return soon. (It's a Pixel 2 :P ) My previous device was 5 or 6 years old, and simply could not take the demanding requirements for this game, even with minimal graphics. So, now that there is one problem fixed, the rest will fall like dominos.

I am not writing to simply give an explanation for my absence, I am here to start layering harsh realities of this game and what may (or may not) be coming. We are all very aware of the game's downfall as of the release of 2.0. Why?

Because people do not:

1) Like change

2) Are so used to it being a completely free to play game that they've become conditioned to believe that.

3) Are not willing to pay for anything in this game, contributing to the administration (Let me be clear, I am not saying you should be obligated to...do not jump the gun and turn my words against me...)

4) Want to brave this storm and see where the raging tides take us.

Free to play games are constantly littered with microtransactions, and have been slandered for it. Here's the thing: this game has not exactly been profitable for years. I would not be surprised if our hard-working development team is constantly bouncing around between this game and another job just to be able to support their families. So this would easily explain why this game is not updated very often. (I bet some of you have never even thought of that...) Not only is it a matter of this game being run by a small team, but it is a matter of surviving and caring for both family and one's self. Not to mention that the area isn't exactly friendly right now (do correct me if the situation between Russia and Ukraine have subsided...)

"There is no such thing as a free lunch," people. It may be free to you or to others, but someone is paying for it as nothing is ever truly free. But burn me at the stake if my ideals conflict with your "perfect perception" of reality.

Now, for the future of this game:

Is there such a thing? 

Unknown...

When I say I do not know anything about upcoming content, I am sincere. I do not beat around the bush with this stuff, knowing that the community desperately wants answers. You all are not alone, other staff members and myself are weary about the future. We have not, I repeat, not, been told a single thing about a possible v2.4 after the release of v2.3. I do not want to see this game crash and burn, it has potential. But shadows grow faster than I would care to acknowledge. I fear that ideas for this game as a whole have run out, but then again I am not exactly equipped with the mindset of a game developer. That will not stop me, however, because I am about to propose something.

Would anyone be up for a remastered Tanktastic, as in a revamp of the old alphas? (1.16 & 1.17 specifically). Perhaps this is what we need?

If so, let me know...

Lastly, I will not stress how fed up I am with whiners in this game. Those who break rules that are complete common sense and then start playing victim. Just stop, seriously. Doing this effectively makes look more moronic than necessary. If you have complaints about a moderator, just report it to the staff with screenshot evidence, and we will investigate. Lashing with bare accusations and no proof is like burning yourself with a match and blaming the company that made that match. You done it and you have no one to blame but yourself. You knew what it would do if you held it too long, but did it anyway. There's a reason that you do not "play" with fire without safety.

Regards,

D.T.

TECMAT

• Train Heartnet, Qnomei, Error 403 and 7 others like this

Reigning in the SkiesOverseer of the Realms

#2 Train Heartnet

Train Heartnet

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • HomeBorn in Maryland. Raised..well, mainly in Maryland...and Delaware

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

I heavily agree with all your points James and if there is a way, I wish to have this put up in every other forum after it is translated of course, as every player should know of this.
No need for revenge-Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you wil eventually screw up all by themselves - Unknown Author

TOMB - Unknown Soldiers

#3 Saphira1

Saphira1

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • HomePennsylvania

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

I agree 110 percent. These little kids come in and make accusations of the company and the moderators. And i do have to admit, even though i have spent over 100 dollars on this game, it is not enough if they do not have income. And about 16a... maybe, maybe not. I liked 1.22a much better due to the graphics. Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this, and I look forward to matches in the future! Good luck and happy holidays, Derik.

​Swole is the goal! Size is the prize!

​Its gainz o clock MFs!

​Let's goooo!!!

#4 Drestdave

Drestdave

Wikia Administrator - TECREAT Manager

• Contest Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts
  • HomeHolland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

First off I have a few ideas of what your job is:

1.  warehouse employee
  2. Mailman
  3. An elf of santa claus
  4. ​Santa claus himself

​I am not replying here just to post that silly list of jobs. No, I am here because I feel like you have covered so much of what currently is going on with Tanktastic. And yes, I'd agree with you, people should stop complaining. They have to deal with what is offered to them and yes you may not like it, yes you may not like the current state of the game, but there is one thing ​that everyone, no exceptions, have to keep in mind. This game is made by humans, and as we all experience, we live in a world in which everything has a price. Many don't realise what the costs of such a project are which is such a shame. Like you said, they have expenses like everyone. They have to pay the rent of their place, their food, their water, their energy bills, App Store fee, Google play fee and even a monthly subscription of the Unity 5 game engine!

For everyone that can do nothing but complain, or those who cannot respect this game creators and staff who put an awful amount of time in creating this game for you​, rethink your behaviour. And yes, one could say that we are the customers and that the developers should listen to us so we keep playing, you are partly right. Yes, listening to a community and its feeedback may imrpove the game, but do not ​forget that this isn't your game. This game solely belongs to G.H.O.R. Cooperation and its employees, who do not only create this awesome game, they realise their hobbies. And this is misunderstood by many of this community. Respect what is given to you and embrace it. Adjust to it. and if you can't, than just leave.

Kind regards,

Dave

• NeonTempzzz likes this

|Wikia Administrator & TECREAT manager|

​|1200 days In-game|Can be found In-game and on the forums frequently|

Can I help you with something?

#5 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Warrant Officer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

Hi dt, thank you for your honest post.
How difficult must it be to have a worldwide customer base, interpret + prioritise feedback, develop the game and regularly communicate this in all languages.
It would take a huge organisation!

Having played the game for a while now, I accept that:
Will my suggestions make it onto the discussion table of the developers - no
Will I have a say on what they are working on - no
Will I have a say on what's added to the game - no
I may have to buy gold on occasions.
The game will probably not become more realistic (just my preference).
And to take the game as it is/comes.

Do I wish this was different - yes.
But, if I didn't enjoy playing, I wouldn't.

However, I would wholeheartedly recommend this game.
  • Vint likes this

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent. <p>Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you. Cautionary: You always have a choice. Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

msg-7194-0-08197600-1510947090.jpg

#6 Copperhead171

Copperhead171

Corporal

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • HomeAlabama, United States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Well put all around, and points well made, except you forgot reason 5) People with low end devices were forced to quit TT due to 2.0's unusually high amount of lag. Something both you and I have faced apparently, although I think we'll both be getting new devices this time around. Still, the lag sucks for the folks that wanna play TT but can't afford a new device.

Either way, assuming I can play again soon, I'll be aiming to make some in game purchases to help out both GHOR and myself, something I would have done earlier had I been able. 

Anyway, cheers and Merry Christmas!

• Vint likes this

"I am invisible, I am stealth, I am... bush tank..." 

#7 Vint

Vint

leader of Eagle One

• Forum Senior Moderator
  • Others: Game Senior Moderator
  • 874 posts
  • HomeCentral Ohio USA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hello friends,

I'll put my two cents worth in I would be highly disappointed if we regressed back to the old days of (1.16 & 1.17 or any of the earlier updates specifically), sure it was easy to play back in the day on 1.2GHz processors but without the updates it would be stagnant and grow old to the community our current update is versatile has great graphics and is challenging and will be for quite some time I do not see a need for a speedy update like was called upon by the community in the past I commend and thank the current and original Developers romeoordos and magnatua to name a few for this enjoyable tanktastic game.

Sincerely;
vint
🇺🇸 motto: speak softly but carry a 120 MM smoothbore 🇺🇸
Playing Tanktastic since May 2013

#8 Qnomei

Qnomei

Official Wiki Admin

• Contest Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • HomeThe Great Land of Cheese, also known as Wisconsin

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

I've been busy getting used to a completely different college from the one I went to for 2 years, starting a completely different program. My finals are next week, and after that I get a month of break.

I'm still hopeful, though I haven't played the game much recently. Tanktastic is the only mobile game I play.

#9 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Lieutenant Colonel

• Contest Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hey stop complaining people, at least it's not some other game. ;) *Grumbles about grinding for 4 years and several hundred dollars later*

Edited by NeonTempzzz, 22 December 2017 - 10:13 AM.

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

(Now available in-game)

Member of TECREAT

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}