#1 Tankiller96

Tankiller96

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts
  • HomeMinnesota, United States of America

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

Tanktastic v2.3 Review

Tanktastic v2.3 was the first massive update bringing with it a new map, 3 new tanks, bug fixes, and a major adjustment to the economy of the game. I want to acknowledge the progress the developers have made within the last year. Thank you for not giving up on Tanktastic and truly believing in your product it is noticed. Now onto the long waited review of v2.3.

Tank Balancing:

PL-01: Buff the reload to 2.9, make spaced armor more effective against HEAT and HE.

TOS-1A: Lower the splash damage radius or nerf damage

M270 MLRS: Damage nerf

Challenger 2: Removal of the lower plate weakspot, Move weakspot to drivers hatch making it a bit harder to hit and giving the Challenger 2 more viability in a head on confrontation.

TR-85: Health nerf, lower maxed level.

Leopard 2A4: Buff frontal armor

AMX-56: Damage nerf

M1A2 Abrams: Buff gun mantle and cheeks, buff lower plate, increase mobility(similar to the TUSK)

M1A2 TUSK: Make spaced more effective against HEAT and HE

Al Khalid: Health nerf

T-80: Nerf effectiveness of stock armor values.

T-90MS:Buff spaced armor.

Merkava MK.4: Nerf Healthpool...it should not be able to take on 70+ tanks without fear.

Map Feedback:

Possibly set a system in place to limit the amount of Artillery in one room based on how many players are in it. Maybe limit it to 2-3 artillery per team.

Limit off spawns to Artillery as to eliminate spawn killing.

Map Suggestions:

Many have asked for a big map with a big river and or lake with plenty trees sort of like a vietnam setting.

Some have also asked for a new desert map that simulates the Suez Canal.

Tank Suggestions:

XM1 Abrams: Level 30-50

Leopard 2A7: level 70+

Challenger 2 ATDU: Level 70+

Type 99A1: Level 70+

VT-5: Level 55-65

VN17: level 50-60

Leopard 2A4 Evolution: level 60-70

Changes/Tweaks to Mechanics:

Shell Drop: If possible(we know device CPU and GPU is limited on mobile devices) add shell velocity and shell drop.

Aim Timer: Most agree some form of aiming timer would be a nice addition and would add further balance to the game if implemented correctly. The way it would work is that when on the move a tank will not have an accurate shot on target but if the tank stops for a certain amount of time it gets a near perfect shot on target(shells would be a factor obviously HEAT at distance should still be fairly inaccurate) and have varying timers for each tank giving tanks that fire slowly(i.e M1A2 Abrams, Type 99, Arjun, Merkava) shorter aim timers as to get accurate shots faster than fast firing tanks( i.e Type 10, K2, Al-Khalid, etc) which would require more time to get an accurate shot.

Change Gun Upgrades: Have accuracy be a statistic rather than an upgrade...make gun upgrades only factor in total damage dealt.

Artillery Range: Make the range of which Artillery can shoot at targets based on the Radar Upgrades hence giving such upgrades more of a practical use for Artillery overall rather than a one off useless upgrade that is simply passed over.

Rework Mines: Mines as they are currently in the game are basically worthless since the flashing red dot on the ground is insanely easy to spot for anyone paying attention to their surroundings.

Tracks: Most agree it would make a lot of sense for tracks to be separate from sides and have no damage be done to them if shot but rather have the tracks get disabled if shot hence disabling the tank from any movement for a certain amount of time (aka sort of like it is right now but not having you do -300 damage if you shoot the tracks.)

Make guns harder to take out: It is pretty much agreed upon taking out guns is far too easy as it stands right now face offs still more or less come down to who disables the opponents cannon first rather than actually learning the weak points of an opponent's tank to take them out.

This concludes the Tanktastic v2.3 community review thank you developers for all your hard work and listening to the community.

sincerely,

Tankiller96

Edited by Tankiller96, 23 October 2017 - 11:39 AM.

• basmal121, Error 403, Leesalisbury1 and 3 others like this
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.- John F. Kennedy 1963.

#2 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

That's quite alot mate, but I am very bias about some of the tanks, especially the Abrams, considering it is my only high rank tank, mostly due to tank prices and garage expansion, along with the tank trees, so I will not be opinionated about the tanks, but I will say the system could use a little more work, and btw, I do not believe spaced armor helps with HE in game, but better spaced, as we all know, would be a good thing.

Leader of ERFO

307itVD.jpg

#3 Train Heartnet

Train Heartnet

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • HomeBorn in Maryland. Raised..well, mainly in Maryland...and Delaware

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Can we also nerf the damage of the Type 82. A level 37 tank shouldn't be able to do 400+ damage
No need for revenge-Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you wil eventually screw up all by themselves - Unknown Author

TOMB - Unknown Soldiers

#4 basmal121

basmal121

Supreme Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts
  • Homev1.22

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Some additions

- TUSK needs damage and health nerf. It's not god of tanks....
It's only same abrams with modular armor package..

- T14 Armata stock stats buff in damage and health. It deserves large health pool. Like merkava..
you don't want buy the most expensive tank and be disappointed

- Decrease reload time for all rapid shooting tanks (T92, Zhalo, Panzer3 etc) while increasing damage. It's too spamy.

- Add 60 FPS mode... again....

Edited by basmal121, 23 October 2017 - 12:37 PM.

29dekvt.jpg

#5 Copperhead171

Copperhead171

Corporal

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • HomeAlabama, United States

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Not familiar with the term 60 FPS mode, but a massive reduction in FPS lag would be greatly appreciated by players like me with lower end devices. Even with my graphics settings at the absolute minimum, I'm still unable to play TT smoothly and massive spikes that totally freeze the game, usually ending in a crash of the game itself.

Other lag issues include lengthy delays when attempting to use chat, the virtual keyboard can take more than a minute to show up after tapping the chat window. This makes chat near impossible and not even worth trying for people with low end devices. 

These lag issues have apparently killed off quite a few dedicated TT players than myself alone and I'm sure it's preventing interested newcomers from even playing the game. Now I realize devices like mine are lower end, but they aren't too low end, as I can still play any of those certain other games which are deemed competition to TT. Basically, from my observation, TT is the most laggy game in it's class, as far as I know. 

What caused the lag? Well, it was clearly present as soon as 2.0 came, but it was bearable so I toughed it out. However, after 2.2 was released the lag increased tremendously for me, I strongly suspect part of the cause is actually the screen shake, as my FPS drops when in a collision, explosions or fire of any sort also kill FPS.

So what to do? Give players further options to reduce their graphics in settings. Low quality explosions, turn off screen shake, etc...

So that's it for me, just my two cents on something I've been meaning to get off of my chest for a very long time, TT is still easily my favorite mobile game, so I'd love to be able to play it again.

Thank you for reading and considering the above, cheers.

"I am invisible, I am stealth, I am... bush tank..." 

#6 dragontanker

dragontanker

✵Astral Defender✵

• Senior Moderator
  • Others: In-game Senior Moderator
  • 1928 posts
  • HomeEnigmatic Cosmos

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

Very well thought out and diverse.

If I may point out one small thing regarding shells: you ask for there to be shell drop and velocity. There already is a noticeable difference in shell velocities based on the type. APDS is the fastest and HEAT is the slowest. The difference between AP and HE is barely noticeable, however I think that AP is slightly faster. The use of shell drop would make it more realistic, sure, as I know this is what the developers want. But for many, this would be a problem due to low end devices. 

The changes needed to the guns of the game are well stated. Accuracy for one tank is completely different from another. A good example for accuracy is the fact that the Challenger 2 reticle barely increases in size when on the move and standing still. While other tanks' reticles tend to increase at least twice their original size. So having some kind of statistic would further help players determine what tank to get/how to utilize it. My proposal for the statistic would be a "constriction" statistic. I'll further elaborate in a second...

Having a background in competitive shooting and learning various intricacies about certain sports really does come in handy  ;)

Let's make this simple. Shotguns are not exactly known for their accuracy at long range, however there are things called "choke tubes" that can increase or decrease accuracy of the shell patterns. These patterns are measured by "constrictions." The smaller the number, the tighter the pattern, and more pellets hit the target. So for example, a 0.750 constriction is less accurate than a 0.650 constriction. May not sound like much of a difference, but in the 6+ years or so that I have participated in competitions, a single tenth or even hundredth of difference in constriction can make a very noticeable difference. 

So where am I going with this? My idea is that each tank starts out with a base accuracy rating of around 0.750 - 0.550. Each accuracy upgrade will lower the "constriction" and results in a far more accurate gun. Again, the lower the number, the better off you are. I cannot explain this concept very well, but to keep it simple, this will be a statistic you will want to be lower. This is, of course, just an idea. 

Everything else seems solid, or has already been mentioned. I hope this adds more to this review, and possibly an idea for developers to consider.

One last thing. I have noticed lately that a lot of people claim that they would like to revert back to the days of early TT. 16A and 17A, but more favourably 17A. Perhaps such an idea is not too far fetched. If some concepts of that version would be implemented, such as the removal of tech tree requirements, currency payout systems, interfaces, and the "feel" of the tanks, would that be enough :philosoraptor:  A lot of people seem to dislike the way the game is headed. Honestly, I can see why, however nothing is perfect. It is true that we shouldn't focus on the past and we should always look ahead to what is possible. But who's to say that going back to the old ways is the future. I must disclose that these are various users that have given me feedback on what they believe could help this game out. I'm sure many of you have thought this before, but never said anything. Which is fine, some have come forward and (may have) spoke on your behalf; if this is what people want, we may be able to persuade the developers to make this change. 

Regards,

D.T.

TECMAT

• Error 403 likes this

Reigning in the SkiesOverseer of the Realms

#7 Leesalisbury1

Leesalisbury1

Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • HomeGeorgia, USA

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

If I may point out one small thing regarding shells: you ask for there to be shell drop and velocity. There already is a noticeable difference in shell velocities based on the type. APDS is the fastest and HEAT is the slowest. The difference between AP and HE is barely noticeable, however I think that AP is slightly faster. The use of shell drop would make it more realistic, sure, as I know this is what the developers want. But for many, this would be a problem due to low end devices. 

The changes needed to the guns of the game are well stated. Accuracy for one tank is completely different from another. A good example for accuracy is the fact that the Challenger 2 reticle barely increases in size when on the move and standing still. While other tanks' reticles tend to increase at least twice their original size. So having some kind of statistic would further help players determine what tank to get/how to utilize it. My proposal for the statistic would be a "constriction" statistic. I'll further elaborate in a second...

Having a background in competitive shooting and learning various intricacies about certain sports really does come in handy  ;)

Let's make this simple. Shotguns are not exactly known for their accuracy at long range, however there are things called "choke tubes" that can increase or decrease accuracy of the shell patterns. These patterns are measured by "constrictions." The smaller the number, the tighter the pattern, and more pellets hit the target. So for example, a 0.750 constriction is less accurate than a 0.650 constriction. May not sound like much of a difference, but in the 6+ years or so that I have participated in competitions, a single tenth or even hundredth of difference in constriction can make a very noticeable difference. 

So where am I going with this? My idea is that each tank starts out with a base accuracy rating of around 0.750 - 0.550. Each accuracy upgrade will lower the "constriction" and results in a far more accurate gun. Again, the lower the number, the better off you are. I cannot explain this concept very well, but to keep it simple, this will be a statistic you will want to be lower. This is, of course, just an idea. 

Everything else seems solid, or has already been mentioned. I hope this adds more to this review, and possibly an idea for developers to consider.

One last thing. I have noticed lately that a lot of people claim that they would like to revert back to the days of early TT. 16A and 17A, but more favourably 17A. Perhaps such an idea is not too far fetched. If some concepts of that version would be implemented, such as the removal of tech tree requirements, currency payout systems, interfaces, and the "feel" of the tanks, would that be enough :philosoraptor:  A lot of people seem to dislike the way the game is headed. Honestly, I can see why, however nothing is perfect. It is true that we shouldn't focus on the past and we should always look ahead to what is possible. But who's to say that going back to the old ways is the future. I must disclose that these are various users that have given me feedback on what they believe could help this game out. I'm sure many of you have thought this before, but never said anything. Which is fine, some have come forward and (may have) spoke on your behalf; if this is what people want, we may be able to persuade the developers to make this change. 

Regards,

D.T.

TECMAT

17A, best TT times in my opinion, it was so simple, you bought a tank, and you played the game, no upgrades or tech trees, when 18A introduced the tank upgrades, I thought, hey this is pretty cool, and it has been very cool, but now it is to the point where you have to spend money in order to keep up with the rest of the players.  Not to mention the active players difference between our much loved 22A and our now, very criticized 2.3A.  I think taking a step back for a while will allow newer players to get a feel of what TT used to be like, and give older players such as myself, a nostalgic feel of our earlier days. 

• eastwood. likes this

Leader of ERFO

307itVD.jpg

#8 NeonTempzzz

NeonTempzzz

Major

• PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • HomeThe Great White North Known as Minnesota

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

I may be a little late but has much work been done to the Stryker. I've played it and it seems a little too underpowered.... I know it's older but not many people have it because it's an APC.

You don't choose the tank. The tank chooses you, and when it does respect it and it will respect you.

Member of TECREAT

#9 Saphira1

Saphira1

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • HomePennsylvania

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

The Stryker needs a slower reload, but a major damage buff. I would say rivaling that of C1 Ariete.

While im on the topic of the C1, it does need a buff. Armata needs a maxed damage buff of appox 730.

TUSK, i would say, leave as is. Type 82 needs a damage nerf, as does the AMX 56.

I would also like to see the M2 Bradley get a damage buff.

I would also like to see an Island Map made.

Last but not least, I would like the Branchs of the military (USMC, USAF, etc) flags be implemented as well. Thank You,

Best Regards, Derik

Regards,

D.T.

TECMAT

And I do like the Accuracy idea. Goodwork DT

And i agree with Tankiller in everything but TUSK. No point on spending so much on a vehicle with only an armor upgrade

Tanktastic v2.3 Review

Tanktastic v2.3 was the first massive update bringing with it a new map, 3 new tanks, bug fixes, and a major adjustment to the economy of the game. I want to acknowledge the progress the developers have made within the last year. Thank you for not giving up on Tanktastic and truly believing in your product it is noticed. Now onto the long waited review of v2.3.

Tank Balancing:

PL-01: Buff the reload to 2.9, make spaced armor more effective against HEAT and HE.

TOS-1A: Lower the splash damage radius or nerf damage

M270 MLRS: Damage nerf

Challenger 2: Removal of the lower plate weakspot, Move weakspot to drivers hatch making it a bit harder to hit and giving the Challenger 2 more viability in a head on confrontation.

TR-85: Health nerf, lower maxed level.

Leopard 2A4: Buff frontal armor

AMX-56: Damage nerf

M1A2 Abrams: Buff gun mantle and cheeks, buff lower plate, increase mobility(similar to the TUSK)

M1A2 TUSK: Make spaced more effective against HEAT and HE

Al Khalid: Health nerf

T-80: Nerf effectiveness of stock armor values.

T-90MS:Buff spaced armor.

Merkava MK.4: Nerf Healthpool...it should not be able to take on 70+ tanks without fear.

Map Feedback:

Possibly set a system in place to limit the amount of Artillery in one room based on how many players are in it. Maybe limit it to 2-3 artillery per team.

Limit off spawns to Artillery as to eliminate spawn killing.

Map Suggestions:

Many have asked for a big map with a big river and or lake with plenty trees sort of like a vietnam setting.

Some have also asked for a new desert map that simulates the Suez Canal.

Tank Suggestions:

XM1 Abrams: Level 30-50

Leopard 2A7: level 70+

Challenger 2 ATDU: Level 70+

Type 99A1: Level 70+

VT-5: Level 55-65

VN17: level 50-60

Leopard 2A4 Evolution: level 60-70

Changes/Tweaks to Mechanics:

Shell Drop: If possible(we know device CPU and GPU is limited on mobile devices) add shell velocity and shell drop.

Aim Timer: Most agree some form of aiming timer would be a nice addition and would add further balance to the game if implemented correctly. The way it would work is that when on the move a tank will not have an accurate shot on target but if the tank stops for a certain amount of time it gets a near perfect shot on target(shells would be a factor obviously HEAT at distance should still be fairly inaccurate) and have varying timers for each tank giving tanks that fire slowly(i.e M1A2 Abrams, Type 99, Arjun, Merkava) shorter aim timers as to get accurate shots faster than fast firing tanks( i.e Type 10, K2, Al-Khalid, etc) which would require more time to get an accurate shot.

Change Gun Upgrades: Have accuracy be a statistic rather than an upgrade...make gun upgrades only factor in total damage dealt.

Artillery Range: Make the range of which Artillery can shoot at targets based on the Radar Upgrades hence giving such upgrades more of a practical use for Artillery overall rather than a one off useless upgrade that is simply passed over.

Rework Mines: Mines as they are currently in the game are basically worthless since the flashing red dot on the ground is insanely easy to spot for anyone paying attention to their surroundings.

Tracks: Most agree it would make a lot of sense for tracks to be separate from sides and have no damage be done to them if shot but rather have the tracks get disabled if shot hence disabling the tank from any movement for a certain amount of time (aka sort of like it is right now but not having you do -300 damage if you shoot the tracks.)

Make guns harder to take out: It is pretty much agreed upon taking out guns is far too easy as it stands right now face offs still more or less come down to who disables the opponents cannon first rather than actually learning the weak points of an opponent's tank to take them out.

This concludes the Tanktastic v2.3 community review thank you developers for all your hard work and listening to the community.

sincerely,

Tankiller96

• NeonTempzzz likes this

​Swole is the goal! Size is the prize!

​Its gainz o clock MFs!

​Let's goooo!!!

#10 Daddy Rob

Daddy Rob

Staff Sergeant

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • HomeThe Shires

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

What do you mean by shell drop? Would it be the same thing as trajectory.

If so, would the HUD have graduations added to help gauge distance ?

If I do not answer straight away, please pick one of my standard responses listed below - mood dependent. <p>Realistic: Adapt your expectations, reality may surprise you. Cautionary: You always have a choice. Unsympathetic: Better you than me.

msg-7194-0-08197600-1510947090.jpg

#11 Smigstank

Smigstank

Lieutenant General

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • HomeUnited States of America

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

Add HESH ._.
  • EquablezMonsterz likes this

#12 Saphira1

Saphira1

Second Lieutenant

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • HomePennsylvania

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:41 AM

I like the idea of HESH rounds

​Swole is the goal! Size is the prize!

​Its gainz o clock MFs!

​Let's goooo!!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}